The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
I-miss-Wis

The Crawford Thread

hawkinmontreal said on 58 minutes ago:

Jack, to be honest, just watching this team shows they dont care anymore. The fire and drive theses core guys once had have disappeared. CC and Kaner seem to be the only ones with any desire left. 

heck, I'm not even sure about 88 half the time, man. even he looks disinterested pretty often this year...

welp, time for the boys to sack up and pick up their play. maybe this will end up being a good thing. worked out pretty well in Dec of '14...

• Like 1

hawkinmontreal said on 1 hour ago:

Jack, to be honest, just watching this team shows they dont care anymore. The fire and drive theses core guys once had have disappeared. CC and Kaner seem to be the only ones with any desire left. 

Yeah, who knows what goes in the heads of those guys; or any athletes.  I was just disappointed because I thought they had been playing better lately and would try hard to take advantage of the home ice advantage against a team that does not play well on the road and was tied with them in the standings.  Then, they get 10 sog in the first 2 periods or 11, or some other minimal number.  I can't figure these guys out. 

• Like 1

vadarx said on 55 minutes ago:

heck, I'm not even sure about 88 half the time, man. even he looks disinterested pretty often this year...

To be fair, your right Vader. Kaner has been going through the motions as well.

• Like 1

vadarx said on 1 hour ago:

welp, time for the boys to sack up and pick up their play. maybe this will end up being a good thing. worked out pretty well in Dec of '14...

different team, different goalies but we've done okay w/o crow in the past. (maybe we should just sit crow during december games)

yeah...between dec, 1st to dec. 20th, 2014 when crow hurt his foot at that concert, hawks went 7-1 with darling and raanta splitting the games.

between dec. 3rd and dec. 20th, 2016 when his appendix gave out we went 6-3-1 with darling playing them all.

so...the teams then dug deeper and went 13-4-1. what about this team? who knows, but like you said...there's a real possibility that this could be a good thing.

or we could be doomed.   :)

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 7 minutes ago:

different team, different goalies but we've done okay w/o crow in the past. (maybe we should just sit crow during december games)

yeah...between dec, 1st to dec. 20th, 2014 when crow hurt his foot at that concert, hawks went 7-1 with darling and raanta splitting the games.

between dec. 3rd and dec. 20th, 2016 when his appendix gave out we went 6-3-1 with darling playing them all.

so...the teams then dug deeper and went 13-4-1. what about this team? who knows, but like you said...there's a real possibility that this could be a good thing.

I'm hoping for the former! 

with Crow standing his head and saving their collective arse as much as he has this season, I am hopeful that maybe this wake some guys up...

although, i should say i am not that hopeful about this weekend's back to back...

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 10 minutes ago:

The Hawks were awesome in 2014, you could of been the goalie Galaxy and things would of been fine, and last year Darling was exceptional and to be honest the team played well during the season until the end and the playoffs.

hawkinmontreal said on 15 minutes ago:

The Hawks were awesome in 2014, you could of been the goalie Galaxy and things would of been fine, and last year Darling was exceptional and to be honest the team played well during the season until the end and the playoffs.

different team, different goalies....

i did try to make that point HIM.

i was referring more to a teams mindset when a bump in the road like this occurs. (somewhat hopefully)

i understand that if we do play better we won't magically turn into those former squads. more that there's a strong possibility that we will play better as a team and as vadarx said, it could end up being a positive.

• Like 2

jacksalmon said on 6 hours ago:

It will be interesting to see if the rest of the team will step up to help themselves now that Crow will not be there to carry them.  There comes a time when a team has to grow up and leave the nest. 

You make it sound like these guys never accomplished anything jack.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

galaxytrash said on 2 hours ago:

A little adversity could be just what the doctor ordered,I though Forsberg had a solid game in Nashville. If everyone's as worthless as I've heard,it don't matter any way.

Doomed? We're doomed every year,don't you pay attention?

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

hsbob said on 50 minutes ago:

You make it sound like these guys never accomplished anything jack.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

I was just referring to this year's version of the Hawks, which, so far, is quite a bit different version than the earlier versions.  I think this year's version has been somewhat carried by Crawford.  Now would be the time to step it up and show Crow that they can win without him, so that when he comes back they will be a much better team. 

jacksalmon said on 2 minutes ago:

I was just referring to this year's version of the Hawks, which, so far, is quite a bit different version than the earlier versions.  I think this year's version has been somewhat carried by Crawford.  Now would be the time to step it up and show Crow that they can win without him, so that when he comes back they will be a much better team. 

A lotta hockey left buddy,let's see how they handle this.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

blkhwks918 said on On 12/8/2017 at 12:46 PM:

CC off IR, Berube back to Rockford.

Thankfully my biggest fears were unfounded...I was worried they rushed Crawford back.  So far he's been solid. 

As of now .932 on the season...not too shabby!

• Like 1

LordKOTL said on On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM:

Thankfully my biggest fears were unfounded...I was worried they rushed Crawford back.  So far he's been solid. 

As of now .932 on the season...not too shabby!

yes..   maybe, finally, the haters will get it...  guys been the most consistent Hawk the last few years..

• Upvote 1

davebrau said on 1 hour ago:

yes..   maybe, finally, the haters will get it...  guys been the most consistent Hawk the last few years..

They don't.  We still have eunuchs out there that think (A) Crawford is a product of the team, (B) The shots against him are all easy saves, (C) The team is still bailing him out, (D) that because he's not de-facto #1 in the league (you know, with a 1.000SV% average) he's not worth the 6M.

Granted, most of Crawford's detractors that formulated their stances based on logic have come around, and right now it's mostly just a bunch of trolls and bandwagonners who haven't been laid since the bicentennial and thus have to validate themselves by being stuck in 2012.

I do have to say though, if the Vezina was awarded right now it would go to Vasilevskiy.  His numbers are neck-and-neck with Crawford and he's got more wins, and SA/GP.  Crawford *should* be in second although I could see the GM's giving Rinne, Quick, and Bob Ross a nod over him just because of popularity in spite of lesser stats.

But right now this years there's 2 netminders that you should want backstopping your squad who have been lights-out fantastic in a years where scoring has been tough to come by, Vasilevskiy, and Crawford.

davebrau said on 1 hour ago:

yup, hes the Rodney Dangerfield of goalies.

its a shame 

Yep.  2 new ones I heard today:

1)  With what Crawford is making he should be top 3 ever year.
Unfortunately this drain on the braintrust failed to realize that Crawford is the 7th best paid netminder *right now*.  Since the cap era, for the top 31 goalies, he ranks 6th in SV%.  His contract is in-line with his output.

2)  Proof that Crawford sucks is he "Choked" in the 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 playoffs.
While there is some (and I mean *some*) validity to him choking in 2012, every other year, even if he wasn't 100% in those playoffs, there were guys above his paygrade that failed much, much harder.
So, If we take the perfectly good waste of an orgasm who said this at face value, then, by that logic, every core member sucks.  I could disseminate how, in all of those years by not winning the cup, one or more core member *not* named Crawford choked; but we can just look at 2017 as an example.  Just because Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, etc. all had a bad playoff (and Crawford's wasn't exactly good), doesn't mean they suck. 

• Like 1

LordKOTL said on 7 hours ago:

They don't.  We still have eunuchs out there that think (A) Crawford is a product of the team, (B) The shots against him are all easy saves, (C) The team is still bailing him out, (D) that because he's not de-facto #1 in the league (you know, with a 1.000SV% average) he's not worth the 6M.

Granted, most of Crawford's detractors that formulated their stances based on logic have come around, and right now it's mostly just a bunch of trolls and bandwagonners who haven't been laid since the bicentennial and thus have to validate themselves by being stuck in 2012.

I do have to say though, if the Vezina was awarded right now it would go to Vasilevskiy.  His numbers are neck-and-neck with Crawford and he's got more wins, and SA/GP.  Crawford *should* be in second although I could see the GM's giving Rinne, Quick, and Bob Ross a nod over him just because of popularity in spite of lesser stats.

But right now this years there's 2 netminders that you should want backstopping your squad who have been lights-out fantastic in a years where scoring has been tough to come by, Vasilevskiy, and Crawford.

I know where/what applies to me, and where/what doesn't...and I'm good with that.  

I was not a CC fan.  Lots of reasons.  I am now.  Lots of reasons.  I think this is the best and most complete he has been in his career and he is doing it behind a team that hasn't been at it's best on most nights.  (A), (B), (C) and (D) are definitely not up for debate right now.  Some were in previous years.

Edited by iknowpuck