The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
I-miss-Wis

The Crawford Thread

galaxytrash said on 14 hours ago:

but i thought plus/minus was *still an all but useless stat?*

or is that just with campbell.   :)

It's still a useless stat -- but I used it because I was debating someone who obviously values even more useless stats, such as Corsi.

Granada said on 18 minutes ago:

It's still a useless stat -- but I used it because I was debating someone who obviously values even more useless stats, such as Corsi.

oh...i see.

• Upvote 2

Big-T said on 12 hours ago:

Appendix sucks, that's what sucks. I had mine rupture on me a long time ago. Possibly the worst thing ever, was not fun I had tubes everywhere, "even in me Dewey"! Not fun, although I hear Nowadays that the surgery isn't so bad, and you don't need 6-8 weeks of recovery. And don't end up with a scar 6" long. So I'm hoping Crow has a speedy recovery and gets back on his skates soon!!!

Isn't it always awesome when you have a procedure done and then years later they figure out a way to do it without cutting you from one end to the other and making you recover for months? lol. Gotta love technology. 

Hopefully Crow comes back quickly - but not rushed. Hopefully the boys can at least hold serve and let him be 100 percent before he comes back. 

• Upvote 2

ATNBlackhawksFan said on 8 hours ago:

Isn't it always awesome when you have a procedure done and then years later they figure out a way to do it without cutting you from one end to the other and making you recover for months? lol. Gotta love technology. 

Hopefully Crow comes back quickly - but not rushed. Hopefully the boys can at least hold serve and let him be 100 percent before he comes back. 

You're telling me! I'm over all of these millenials and their whining ways and easy surgery!!!

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on On 12/5/2016 at 3:08 PM:

Have you ever even seen Johns play?

I have. In person. A few times. 
While he was at ND and then as a Star (when they came to play the Hawks at the UC).

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 13 hours ago:

You're telling me! I'm over all of these millenials and their whining ways and easy surgery!!!

no kidding. when i had mine out way back when... they used a sledgehammer for anesthesia and a bone saw for the operation.   :)

• Upvote 4

BlackhawkPaul said on 16 hours ago:

I have. In person. A few times. 
While he was at ND and then as a Star (when they came to play the Hawks at the UC).

Nill also saw him play numerous times and insisted he be included, knowing the Hawks had to get rid of a big contract last summer.  In hindsight, Paul, IYO could Bowman have done better?

yooper496 said on On 12/5/2016 at 3:29 PM:

Yep, that's about the extent I actually have of Johns.  I did see him play Northern Michigan when he was at Norte Dame, and was impressed with his size and ability.  Never understood why Chicago parted with both him and Paliotta in the same week, given the lack of RHD with the entire system.

I watch Dallas every opportunity I can because of Johns.  Although you may disagree, I truly believe he would be an asset on the Hawks.  And yes, I would slot him ahead of Soupy because opposing teams simply do not fear the Hawks defensemen.  Lay a 6-4, 230 lbs guy into a would be screener and shots would not get through to the goalie.  Poke check like most, if not all of them, and the goalie is fighting for his life much of the time.

Stephen Johns is a smart, simple player who has some game, regardless of how he was utilized here.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Scotty Darling,the defensive team play has been solid but the big redhead has been stellar as well!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

hsbob said on 3 hours ago:

Just wanted to give a shout out to Scotty Darling,the defensive team play has been solid but the big redhead has been stellar as well!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

When the D and the G are pulling the rope in the same direction, good things happen. :)

• Upvote 1

I'm sitting down to watch the Epix Road to the Winter Classic special.  I'm only about 15 minutes into it but Scotty Darling is just stealing my little heart. He is coming off as such a down to earth guy and its good to see a kid who struggled with so much at such a young age - live out his dream. Hell, the kid went from standing at the Cup parade as a fan to being in one and being a huge part of the Cup win.  He says his dream was to always be a Chicago Blackhawks goalie. 

Also, I might have chuckled a bit when the announcer said the Blues had never won the Cup after calling the Hawks basically the team of the decade. Then I felt a little bit bad for laughing - but not too much. lol. 

• Upvote 2

hsbob said on On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:47 AM:

This team has NEVER wilted in the face of adversity and won't this time either. My unwavering belief in the Hawks comes from a rather large body of evidence that proves the necessary character and competitiveness to overcome adversities and challenges. It was "back up the truck" when Kane went down in 15 but the only need for a truck was to load another Cup into when it was all said and done.

The record aside,many have noted some uninspired play so far even to call it "smoke and mirrors" ,I wouldn't go that far myself but they've certainly gathered points without playin' their best hockey IMO. The reality of a few weeks without Crawdaddy might very well result in many great players pickin' it up big time here...........I wouldn't bet against it!

Scott Darling should embrace the workload and get better because of it and even though the kids have been OK,a few will have to step up now and I wouldn't bet against that either!  

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

This is what I thought the day after Crawford had his surgery and I believe it more now than ever...........REAL proud of this team so far!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

galaxytrash said on On 12/7/2016 at 7:35 AM:

no kidding. when i had mine out way back when... they used a sledgehammer for anesthesia and a bone saw for the operation.   :)

Thanks for the big chuckle, GT.  It's a nice break from the -17F temp we have here in North Dakota this morning.  The wind chill is supposed to get to the -40 to -50F range later today.  It'll be a good night to stay in and watch the Hawks vs Blues.

• Upvote 2

hsbob said on 14 hours ago:

This is what I thought the day after Crawford had his surgery and I believe it more now than ever...........REAL proud of this team so far!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Agreed. Going into this trip I was hoping for 3 or 4 points, so to get 6 of of 6 is a real plus. Every time we have even a little doubt about this group, they find a way to step up and exceed expectations. Go Hawks!

• Upvote 5

galaxytrash said on On 12/7/2016 at 7:35 AM:

Mine ruptured when I was 16 the morning of the 4th of July. Mom and Grandma took me to the ER after drawing blood they came back 5 minutes later and just threw me on a bed and started cutting clothes down the aisles and sticking me with needles. Felt a lot better when I woke up then asked where I was and what the hell happened? Had to call the surgeon off the golf course then told me I had less than 45 minutes to live. Stayed there for a week and then freaked when they pulled about 20 feet of drainage tube out of me.

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

Mine ruptured when I was 16 the morning of the 4th of July. Mom and Grandma took me to the ER after drawing blood they came back 5 minutes later and just threw me on a bed and started cutting clothes down the aisles and sticking me with needles. Felt a lot better when I woke up then asked where I was and what the hell happened? Had to call the surgeon off the golf course then told me I had less than 45 minutes to live. Stayed there for a week and then freaked when they pulled about 20 feet of drainage tube out of me.

Enough with the sordid details of your situation!  More importantly, what was the surgeon's score when he left the course to work on you?  :) 

• Upvote 1

hawks27 said on 4 hours ago:

Enough with the sordid details of your situation!  More importantly, what was the surgeon's score when he left the course to work on you?  :) 

Let's just say he wasn't happy and let me know when I told him I didn't appreciate the way he ripped the bandage off my sutures the first time. ;)

• Upvote 1

even if he was ready to go on the 23rd.....it would make sense to me to leave him out until the next game on the 27th.

but still....good news.

So anyone buy the rumour of Bishop to Chicago? I only see that if it's a trade with CC going the other way. Bishop on the last year of his contract so a cap move there might make sense. The opening moves on how to keep Panarin in the fold?

tincup61 said on 2 hours ago:

So anyone buy the rumour of Bishop to Chicago? I only see that if it's a trade with CC going the other way. Bishop on the last year of his contract so a cap move there might make sense. The opening moves on how to keep Panarin in the fold?

I hope not tbh. Crow over Bishop all day every day in my book. Plus that kid can't seem to stay unhurt during the playoffs. At least Crow has the decency to have a stupid foot injury or a ruptured appendix during the season. :P

tincup61 said on 15 hours ago:

Hmm, interesting. I have always believed that if Panarin is kept, it will be Crawford (and Kruger, if possible) moved. I guess I'd have two questions: why would TB take on Crawford's contract when they have Vasilesky to 3.5 for the next three years also? That would be a ton of salary tied up between he and Crawford. Secondly: how much would Bishop command in the open market and could the Hawks match?

I wouldn't want to get rid of Crawford -- I like the guy (always have) -- but if you want to keep Panarin, a huge sacrifice will have to be made one way or the other; there is simply no way around it.

Where did you see this rumor by the way?

Edited by Granada

tincup61 said on 16 hours ago:

No I don't buy it and it's just plain stupid. Bringing in Bishop or any GT this year would be assinine. He does not know the system and that is a key factor for success on this team. If needed Darling can take over the reins next year as #1 and if handed the #1 spot would surely give a huge hometown discount to the team.