Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROB315

2/17 - Kings (12) 5-5-2 @ Blackhawks (25) 11-0-3

267 posts in this topic

Watched at Krolls...large overflow from Soldier Field, so the atmosphere was awesome!

Great hockey game and great win against the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

Enjoy this team, Hawks fans. It's one for the ages.

I'm not that worried. The team is much better defensively this year and Emery is serviceable enough. Look at teams like Boston, St.Louis, and the Hawks this year...if you have good team defense going you can throw about anyone in that role.

I'm worried in the sense that Crawford has a concussion -- not that the team would falter massively in his absence.

I don't mind the Kings makin' a game outta' this one,it might keep the boys focused.and you either gotta be blind or stupid to miss that goalie interference call. I know it coulda been REAL costly but I kinda' liked Oduya stickin-up for Emery and I'd bet Emery did too!

I can't disagree more, altho what I think doesn't matter much, it is just an opinion. The ref did not call goalie interference, so with one minute left, Oduya decides to opt for a little frontier justice. Stupid, just plain stupid. The hell with that protect the goalie crap in that situation. The offense was not against Oduya, so it is not as though he merely reacted with rage to an assault on himself. No, he responded with the traditional "protect the goalie" crap, which almost cost them the game. Not the time or place for it. There are times when you just have to let it go. For example, Hawks up 4-1 with one minute left and the same thing happens-----go for it, Johnny, Go Johnny Go. But, to give them a power play with only a one goal lead, when they have already scored two on the PP, just plain stupid.

I can't disagree more, altho what I think doesn't matter much, it is just an opinion. The ref did not call goalie interference, so with one minute left, Oduya decides to opt for a little frontier justice. Stupid, just plain stupid. The hell with that protect the goalie crap in that situation. The offense was not against Oduya, so it is not as though he merely reacted with rage to an assault on himself. No, he responded with the traditional "protect the goalie" crap, which almost cost them the game. Not the time or place for it. There are times when you just have to let it go. For example, Hawks up 4-1 with one minute left and the same thing happens-----go for it, Johnny, Go Johnny Go. But, to give them a power play with only a one goal lead, when they have already scored two on the PP, just plain stupid.

Yeah, I'm with you. Not the time to take a dumb penalty. Thankfully, it didn't end up costing the Hawks. But it easily could have. As it is, let's just enjoy another 2 points!

Crickets another one in the books. lol

What do you think was exposed today?

I just want to get a loss out of the way. And not blow the wad on trying for a mythical record.

Ya records are nice. But Cups are why you're remembered.

Remember the Wings won 63 that one year. And got ousted in round1 to SJ? I don't want that here!!!

I just want to get a loss out of the way. And not blow the wad on trying for a mythical record.

Ya records are nice. But Cups are why you're remembered.

Remember the Wings won 63 that one year. And got ousted in round1 to SJ? I don't want that here!!!

I'm with you on that but the longer it goes the harder it is to say "I don't mind losing to such and such a team." Now it's like I sure don't want L.A. or Vancouver or San Jose to be the team that stops it. It might be better in the long run if Calgary would have won that game. I don't think anyone would have complained. The Hawks were outplayed in all areas.

They're going to lose eventually, of course, but after that momentous road trip, and coming home with all the distractions that that entails, maybe trying to keep that goose egg in the loss column is a pretty good carrot to keep them focused.

Ditto this jack

Not against the canucks, PLEASE don't lose to the canucks.

Especially since I am going to be at the game. I am taking my daughter, who has never been to a live Hawks game, so they CAN'T lose to the Nucks!!

Especially since I am going to be at the game. I am taking my daughter, who has never been to a live Hawks game, so they CAN'T lose to the Nucks!!

You're doing something you've never done before during a streak?! That's dangerous for a superstitious group!

Whether you disagree with me or I disagree with you,we're not the guys gettin' run-over out there. The Hawks startin' goal-tender might be sittin' in a dark-room somewhere as I write this from gettin' run-over and Oduya sees the back-up get blatantly blasted without any call made and he should check the score board before he decides to protect Emery?

This team is starting to answer physically,they're starting to stick-up for one another and themselves and they're refusing to be pushed around so far this year! These things have been missing the last two seasons,they're not always the 'smart thing' to do at the time and YES,they can come back to bite ya but like JT,Oduya is a smart player who goes about the game like a gentleman most of the time and like JT he also thought his actions were necessary ............I SUPPORT HIS ON-ICE DECISION! Lke you said 'just our opinions' and they probably only matter to us!