Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BNWFLIX

670 The Score's Blackhawks Coverage (or Lack Thereof)

59 posts in this topic

the radio hosts should talk about what the caller wants to talk about......be it whatever......

yesterday they were discussing the oscars and were completely ignorant to want the

oscars are about and represent......

but hey....thats entertainment folks.........

mike.

the radio hosts should talk about what the caller wants to talk about......be it whatever......

yesterday they were discussing the oscars and were completely ignorant to want the

oscars are about and represent......

but hey....thats entertainment folks.........

mike.

Yup, those guys will talk about what they want to talk about and that's it. If they want to talk tiddly winks, they will talk tiddly winks.

It is "personality driven."

Last few days they have been talking more about hockey.

Coach Q was on The Score this morning and also on ESPN Chicago tonight.

they also talked to Pierre... Shed some light on the Edzo thing ... Hockey prospectus called in today .... The idea the shootout is luck is way off, its skill related... If one goes looking at this for the weaknesses ( there are enough to win a 100$ bet.... As many as any team in the league...16-0-3)... The shoot out is underpreforming by past standards It is avg by NHL standards... Its kind of a lol considering its been 19 and 88 near 50% success as far as i can remember.... The third guy is the only ?

Comcast SportsNet was also the #1-highest rated television network in the Chicago market last night in overall households for the during the expanded primetime period of 6:30-10:30 PM. The network was also #1 in the market for six-straight hours (6:30 PM – 12:30 AM) in a number of key advertising demos, including Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.

But, you know... not much interest in the Hawks. Red headed step-children...

Yup, those guys will talk about what they want to talk about and that's it. If they want to talk tiddly winks, they will talk tiddly winks.

It is "personality driven."

Very true. And the station is rapidly becoming the only game in town as things are a mess at WMVP. After getting smashed in the ratings they have fired Harry T and are bringing in perennial doosh Cowherd....oh well...

I like Brian Noonan on WGN Sunday evening 6-9. He talks Blackhawks.

I think the lack of hockey talk is because the hosts were never hockey fans, and don't know that much about it, and ultimately aren't that interested in it.

So be it, I have the XM package for the car, and if I want hockey: XM92, NHL Network.

I haven't wasted my time on Chicago sports radio since I signed up.

I use TuneIn app to listent to ESPN1000 everyday at my desk, they fit in a decent amount of hawks talk. Right now I would say because the Bulls are in the playoffs they garner most of Carmen & Jurkos airtime with the Bears taking 2nd it being the number one rated sport in the nation and draft week. Then on any given day i would say its a toss up between the Hawks, Sox and Cubs. The Hawks are getting a boost because they are having a great season an playoffs are starting next week. The cubs and sox are drooping mainly because the Sox are under performing and the cubs are putrid.

I only wish I lived in Chicago in the 60s when, from what I read the Black Hawks were the toast of the town.

Posted · Hidden by Biscuit_In_The_Basket, June 20, 2013 - Spamming to raise post count · Report post

The score in the morning is brutal. Mac used to be more entertaining.