Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROB315

2/1 - Blackhawks (13) 6-0-1 @ Canucks (8) 3-2-2

479 posts in this topic

Hey guys, been a long time since I've been on this board. Congratulations on a relatively even game I guess?

For all the hype this game got it was actually kind of boring. I'll give credit where credit is due though, that Saad kid sure is something. It felt like he had more chances than our entire team did for the last two periods.

Oh, and I still hate shoot outs. I was so damn scared that Kane was going to deke Luongo out of his pants.

What's with the sugarcoating in the headline CBH.com??? is this '04?

How about "Q puts defenseman who has never shot in the shootout and other guy who always fails, and gives point away to arch rivals"... just not enough room I guess?

Why don't we leave celebrating shortcomings to teams like the Nucks.

A loss is all this was. Oh and we lost Bolland too. No positives whatsoever.

I honestly hope Q is suspended by the Hawks a game or 2 id he ever puts Leddy in the shootout again.

I looked elsewhere in the site for links to watch the game butt, I couldn't find any, even in the links topic.

Where can I find them and/or, does anyone have the links?

Please and thank you.

I know it's late, but for future reference you can get basically any major league sports game (and some PPV's) by looking up "myp2p" on google. Usually myp2p.eu works well, and it's not always the best quality but it does the job. I watched the Minnesota/Chicago game on Weds with no issues.

Bolland's injury is the most concerning part of this loss. Hopefully Q was just being cautious and sitting Bolland.

But I was impressed with Shaw on the 2nd line. Who knows how he'd be in the long term but tonight he did well.

I looked elsewhere in the site for links to watch the game butt, I couldn't find any, even in the links topic.

Where can I find them and/or, does anyone have the links?

Please and thank you.

http://fans.blackhaw...25#entry1326317

links are right on previous page as your post is ... you can almost always find links in actual GDT, posted by me or 1Shot1Goal.

Konroyd trying to defend Q's choice in the shootout...lame

Time for some new blood. Last year, all year he refused to use new ppl on the pp. Give Stally a shot, why is Hossa on the bench with the game on the line? What about Frolik, he is a natural goal score gutting it out on the PK and 4th line.Q has options. produce you stay, don't try someone else. Nothing to lose when you've gained a pt already - i am talking shoot outs here

I hate the shoot out , win or lose . Did laff at luongo's "pooped a bit when I saw the Hawks line up for the shoot out " quote . Think teams should use the young guns a bit more in these kind of situations ,no fear .

Our coach keeps putting out the Sedins or Edler and they suck , but a young guy like Schroder wins it ... ..

Luongo tweeted a poem : Shoot outs I depise you ,i can not lie , why cant games end in a tie ? Sums up my feelings too !

tie on the road in a 48 game season, is ok, , unbeaten in 2013 after 8 games, surprised, yes, my thoughts are the team is better defensively than the 2010 , going to be disappointed if this team does not make to the western finals, the hawks are built to win it in 2013, the SC that is.

It's going to be hard to get motivated to play Calgary Sat night, but i expect someone to pot a few, no worries folks,

tie on the road in a 48 game season, is ok, , unbeaten in 2013 after 8 games, surprised, yes, my thoughts are the team is better defensively than the 2010 , going to be disappointed if this team does not make to the western finals, the hawks are built to win it in 2013, the SC that is.

It's going to be hard to get motivated to play Calgary Sat night, but i expect someone to pot a few, no worries folks,

Flames got a butt kicking from Colorado 6-3 so should be motivated .

A great point was made about Alain Vigneault in the shootout as well. Where was Henrik Sedin?

Henrik Sedin has always been a playmaker, not a scorer. AV has been putting out the rookies and it has paid off. Kassian got his first SO goal on his first attempt and Schroeder (who got the game winner) has never scored a goal in the NHL and only played 6 games lol. It is a bit unorthodox, but it works.

PK has been tremendous...maybe the best I've ever seen I believe by the Chicago Blackhawks including those early 70's teams.

Yeah the Blackhawks PK is just redonkulous. Teams should just waive off the penalty because they have a better chance at scoring 5 on 5.

I know it's late, but for future reference you can get basically any major league sports game (and some PPV's) by looking up "myp2p" on google. Usually myp2p.eu works well, and it's not always the best quality but it does the job. I watched the Minnesota/Chicago game on Weds with no issues.

Awesome! Thanks I can't wait to try this as getting the games in the EAST is a pain.

Also this has to be the picture of the night:

vxr21.jpg

Q needs his head checked. Compon should be fired -- how could how PP be worse?

Power plays are pretty simple:

-spacing

-shots

-presence

If they focus on these principals the goals should come.

What's with the sugarcoating in the headline CBH.com??? is this '04?

How about "Q puts defenseman who has never shot in the shootout and other guy who always fails, and gives point away to arch rivals"... just not enough room I guess?

Why don't we leave celebrating shortcomings to teams like the Nucks.

A loss is all this was. Oh and we lost Bolland too. No positives whatsoever.

I honestly hope Q is suspended by the Hawks a game or 2 id he ever puts Leddy in the shootout again.

I am ready for the Joel Quenneville Show to be cancelled, the sooner the better.

Earlier in this thread, I said that if they don't get their offense together, they are headed for their 2d loss. Well, that came true. They certainly appear to be offensively challenged at this point. I hope it does not continue, but I have concerns that it will. I can't describe it in words, but just watching their offense, I am not impressed. Certainly not as impressed as I am by other teams I see. But, the D is good and the offense is probably good enough to win a significant number of games. Maybe at some point in the season, the offense will develop. But, the 3d and 4th lines are pretty worthless and the stars can't produce every night, so there will be some streaks like the current one.

Earlier in this thread, I said that if they don't get their offense together, they are headed for their 2d loss. Well, that came true. They certainly appear to be offensively challenged at this point. I hope it does not continue, but I have concerns that it will. I can't describe it in words, but just watching their offense, I am not impressed. Certainly not as impressed as I am by other teams I see. But, the D is good and the offense is probably good enough to win a significant number of games. Maybe at some point in the season, the offense will develop. But, the 3d and 4th lines are pretty worthless and the stars can't produce every night, so there will be some streaks like the current one.

you all are over reacting...kind of reads like the caSucks message board. bobby lou kept them in the game...period. the sisters look old and slow and the their defense was walked countless times. hawks played a decent road game and unfortunately came out with only one point. not worried.

It is not that the offense is bad but it seems they come complacent and not hustling like they did the 1st few games. Heck, they aren't even hitting like they did the 1st few games. Bolland has been a big disappointment the last few games as has Sharpie. I agree it is time for a couple of new bodies from Rockford to be called up and given a chance and sit a couple to bring back that urgency and hunger that they seemed to have lost.

When I consider all of the misery and woe that the Hawks have imparted upon Roberto Loungo,I feel he owed us one and he had an excelent game.

Marian Hossa is 14/44 lifetime in shootouts.

Just sayin'

True. But I'd take that 31.8% avg. over Sharpie's now 19.5% avg. Sharpie never makes a move, he just fires a shot. Doesn't even try to make the goalie work/move/guess. I don't mind Q trying to shake it up with a youngster (though Leddy wouldn't have been my first choice), but I have seen enough of #10 in the shootout.

True. But I'd take that 31.8% avg. over Sharpie's now 19.5% avg. Sharpie never makes a move, he just fires a shot. Doesn't even try to make the goalie work/move/guess. I don't mind Q trying to shake it up with a youngster (though Leddy wouldn't have been my first choice), but I have seen enough of #10 in the shootout.

Oh, you misunderstood my premise. I meant that was a decent percentage and shouldn't be overlooked. We were and are in full agreement.

As far as the shootout is concerned I'm sure that Q knows best who to put out there because he see's these guy's practice this drill all the time. Normally in a shootout we could always count on either JT or Kane to at least get one between them and Crawford is usually good at holding down the fort. it rarely goes past 3 shooters and after that it's a crap shoot.

The problem with this game was that the Hawks were severely outplayed along the boards and were up against a hot goal tender

in Lou. It's only one game and the Hawks were fortunate to get a point out of it because for the most part they seemed to be skating in mud.

Thankfully they got a point last night...but let's review...

the Hawks continue to have no physical presence...what are they 28th in hits...

Bolland had been struggling at the dot for a while and now he's hurt which once again brings out the Hawks left tackle I mean #2 center problem - maybe Stan will have Q put Kaner back there...lol. Sharpie had probably his worst game as a Hawk last night - let's hope he gets going tonight in Calgary.

Coach Kompon's PP 0-5 last night...where's that power forward in front of the net?

But Leddy in the shootout yikes...Hossa Frolik Stalberg.

The other thing I think we're starting to see is other teams are starting to get caught up in terms of game conditioning...

Posted · Hidden by Biscuit_In_The_Basket, February 2, 2013 - beligerent post · Report post

New season. Same crap from Jack.

Crawford had a solid game again. Can't blame him for the one that got by him in the shootout, as nobody got anything past Luongo at all, and the end of regulation score was 1-1. Goaltending was not a problem.

Hope Bolland is back soon. His knee buckling like that tells me he did something to tear or sprain one or more of the ligaments. A sprain won't take too long to heal, but a tear or partial tear and he's in trouble.

Saad had his best game. Not concerned about the 3rd line with Shaw or Kruger at this point either - it's not like Danny and Hank put up big numbers.

Leddy and Sharp over Hossa in the shootout? No offense to Hossa, but I don't think he makes what he makes so he can be a passenger on the bench when the game is on the line. Nice job Q, way to hand Vancouver 2 points. At least he didn't put Bickell and Brookbank in.