Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisFricano

Jerome Iginla To The Hawks?

36 posts in this topic

Calgary Hawk fan here.

Having watched him since he started playing here. My two cents is, there is no other power forward better than him.. He always been a slow starter, then gets unbelievably hot. He fights and has constantly proven to be a team player.

My thoughts are, that he is staying in Calgary.

He has stated many times here in the press that he wants to stay in Calgary (his kids in school ect)

Don't know what it would take to get him to Chicago.. But I definitely think he would make the team better, and he can play center too.

If the Hawks do have interest in Iginla,I'd rather see them wait till the off season,he's a UFA and he might want to win a cup bad enough to sign a short/reasonable contract. I won't comment on whether he could or should come here this season but I'd like to comment on some of the ridiculous things I've seen written about this great player.

He's too old.....He's ONE year older than Hosa and he hasn't missed a game in five years.

Meh???..........Really??? He's a 500 goal scorer,he hasn't potted fewer than 30 in THIRTEEN seasons he's as tough as any forward in the game,he's a first ballot HOF'er and he has a lot of Hockey left in him.

Say what you want but as a Blackhawk fan,I'd be honored to have this great player finish his career in Chicago!

In a shortened season, youth will be a premium. I have no doubt that Iginla is a HOF. He's tough as nails to play against. What would you be willing to part with for Iginla, because I guarantee that the cost for him is going to be through the roof by the time the Flames are willing to sell. Look at how injuries have already decimated the Flyers. You think the Rangers or any other team loaded with aged talent won't pay through the nose for Iginla?

What has been the request for the last 2 seasons - heck even past that - a "true #2 center". Iginla can play center, but he's a winger. Don't we have enough?

I think you're dreaming if you think Iginla is going to be a Hawk - nothing wrong with dreaming.

In a shortened season, youth will be a premium. I have no doubt that Iginla is a HOF. He's tough as nails to play against. What would you be willing to part with for Iginla, because I guarantee that the cost for him is going to be through the roof by the time the Flames are willing to sell. Look at how injuries have already decimated the Flyers. You think the Rangers or any other team loaded with aged talent won't pay through the nose for Iginla?

What has been the request for the last 2 seasons - heck even past that - a "true #2 center". Iginla can play center, but he's a winger. Don't we have enough?

I think you're dreaming if you think Iginla is going to be a Hawk - nothing wrong with dreaming.

"I'd rather see them wait till the off season"

"I'd be honored to have this great player finish his career in Chicago!"

I missed where Bob was dreaming.

If the Flames are going nowhere - Iginla will most likely be traded as a rental. Whatever team he goes to will more than likely work with him to keep him, or he goes UFA in which he will command a salary that the Hawks can't work with.

I'd be honored to have a great number of players finish their career in Chicago. I apologize if I've offended your sensitivity. I can appreciate the caliber of play of a great many NHLers, but I personally believe (just my opinion) that the Hawks don't have a realistic chance of getting Iginla, and more to the point, wouldn't want to see the Hawks give up too much for Iginla when the glaring hole the last few years has been a true #2 center.

Iginla will cost too much, both in salary and in future assets to make much sense here. He is the "brand" in Calgary.

A much cheaper option who also could provide a physical impact (without some of the offense) might be Brendan Morrow, also in the final year of his contract (at $4.1 million).

Right now, he is playing on the fourth line in Dallas, less than 10 minutes a game. Nevertheless, he's only 34, too early for the game to be passing him by. He's only two years from a 50-plus point season.

I suspect a rebound could be likely, especially in a new situation. It could be a buy low opportunity.

we are like 4 million in cap space short to even think about signing him. http://www.capgeek.com/player/438 why fix what aint broke?

Im not sure how this works for the shortened season but usually the cap space we have now is more than enough come trade deadline because you only take on what is left to be paid of the current years contract. So say he makes $7 mill but like 5.75 or $6 have already been paid out, we only take that small rest as cap hit. Correct me if I am wrong ?

If the Flames are going nowhere - Iginla will most likely be traded as a rental. Whatever team he goes to will more than likely work with him to keep him, or he goes UFA in which he will command a salary that the Hawks can't work with.

I'd be honored to have a great number of players finish their career in Chicago. I apologize if I've offended your sensitivity. I can appreciate the caliber of play of a great many NHLers, but I personally believe (just my opinion) that the Hawks don't have a realistic chance of getting Iginla, and more to the point, wouldn't want to see the Hawks give up too much for Iginla when the glaring hole the last few years has been a true #2 center.

I don't know if you're talkin' to me GV but........

There's no apology necessary,you haven't offened me and I have NO sensivity on the inter-net....none at all.I just said that IF the Hawks could get Iginla in the off-season at a decent term and $$$ without giving up any assets,I'd be for it. As far as the 2LC,I think the glaring hole is no longer a hole at all but power forward may still be..

I'd love to get Iginla. Great leader and I respect him as much as any player and a lot more than most. But it's a pipe dream. Can't see it happening.

Iginla will cost too much, both in salary and in future assets to make much sense here. He is the "brand" in Calgary.

A much cheaper option who also could provide a physical impact (without some of the offense) might be Brendan Morrow, also in the final year of his contract (at $4.1 million).

Right now, he is playing on the fourth line in Dallas, less than 10 minutes a game. Nevertheless, he's only 34, too early for the game to be passing him by. He's only two years from a 50-plus point season.

I suspect a rebound could be likely, especially in a new situation. It could be a buy low opportunity.

I would be more than okay with this idea assuming Dallas didn't ask for the moon, which I'm guessing they wouldn't given what he's currently doing for them.

ummm... who is Jerome Iginla?

my god, if you're going to start a thread with some question of a trade that isn't even a legitimate rumor can you AT LEAST spell the player's name right?