Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROB315

1/27 - Redwings (4) 2-2-0 @ Blackhawks (10) 5-0-0

219 posts in this topic

What a joke Kruger 3 rd star. No hits no shots 14 minutes of play. Keith or Leddy.

He was awesome on the PK tonight. Agreed that it is an unconventional pick, but who really cares about the three stars, it's not like its really kept track of.

What a joke Kruger 3 rd star. No hits no shots 14 minutes of play. Keith or Leddy.

He had the most PK time as a forward, blocked a shot and was the only Hawk who had a +50% faceoff percentage - most coming in the d-zone. You can make a case for other guys - but I wouldn't call it a joke when the Hawks main PK forward was selected in a game when the Hawks were 0 for 6 on the PK.

Great to see Ironhides demons have claimed another victim

AWESOME WIN tonight!!! A best start ever I believe for our Hawks!!!! Definately a tough game.... hung with family tonight... and once again donned the mask after it was tied as my nephew told me we needed it! LOL!! Guess its only wierd if it doesnt work!!! GREAT WIN HAWKS!!!!

Picked my nephew up in celebration after the win... tho I think he thought I was gonna powerslam him! LOL!!!

told him I will save THAT for vancouver's green men!!!

486144_10200455710662290_1440932851_n.jpg

Kruger could have been first star, not that it really matters. The amount of PK time he (and Frolik) put in while the entire team was clearly drained after 5 games in 7 days was incredibly important. The fact that the PK went 6 for 6 is what won the game for the Hawks, not that Crawford wasn't good too. If I had a say in the stars of the game it would have been Kruger, Frolik, and Crawford.

Real good effort from CC,we're gonna get this kid a shut-out yet. Other than a few give-aways it was another solid defensive effort,especially from the forwards. Keith almost had two tonight,ya never know what'll happen when you put a few on net! Winnin' these close defensive battles with no goals from the top four is HUGE,I said earlier that it would take some secondary scoring and we got it from the blue-line......SWEET! Nice PK effort from Kruger and Frolik,nice play from Stalberg to find Leddy and Hammer is better than ever in his own end.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Enjoy the two days off.

Franzen wtf, heart attack?

I didn't know WTF happened there either bufman,maybe he stopped at white castle before the game!

What a game. PK was phenomenal, as was Crow. Six games in eight nights obviously took their toll. The good guys were dead on the ice save for a handful of good shifts.

Well earned two nights off. This team is loaded, folks.

I didn't know WTF happened there either bufman,maybe he stopped at white castle before the game!

Looked to me like Bolland's stick hit Franzen in the jewels.

wanted to find stat evidence for Krugers star and what i found is 3 swedes Frolik and Seabs top 20 in pk minutes 95.6% PK (2ND) (DK is second in minutes total Seabs 3rd) Not trying to prove anything just saying they are playing shut down serious d

rubber legs and still did get the W, they the hawks have surprised me thus far, to be honest had they gone 2 and 4 , we might have started the bashing.

Now about Shaw, did he play the same in the minors? here is my take, it's never as easy as it looks , for Shaw to stick on the Hawks roster, he has to just learn that he is not a top 6 and will have to learn to do the little things, chip in and play within his skill set, he is what he is.

He was pretty crucial during the parade of penalties during the 2nd.

He was pretty crucial during the parade of penalties during the 2nd.

true ....

but best thing about Kruger in every game is, that we finally have, after two long seasons, that missing 2 C - Bolland....

rubber legs and still did get the W, they the hawks have surprised me thus far, to be honest had they gone 2 and 4 , we might have started the bashing.

Now about Shaw, did he play the same in the minors? here is my take, it's never as easy as it looks , for Shaw to stick on the Hawks roster, he has to just learn that he is not a top 6 and will have to learn to do the little things, chip in and play within his skill set, he is what he is.

Yeah, but you have to remember that Shaw is now playing in the middle, a much more responsible position. Last season he was on the wing and had more freedom to roam around and be a little more crazy than he is playing this year. Shaw will be fine here. He makes some really nice plays, although they don't necessarily show up on the score sheet.

Awesome team game yesterday, the 2nd period PKs were greatly played, although it had us on our heals for most of the third period as a result. Craw was stand up and Leddy continues to show even more confidence in the O-zone with the puck. Great team to watch and pretty special to break the opening win record at home and against the Wings. Keep on rolling!

Yeah, but you have to remember that Shaw is now playing in the middle, a much more responsible position. Last season he was on the wing and had more freedom to roam around and be a little more crazy than he is playing this year. Shaw will be fine here. He makes some really nice plays, although they don't necessarily show up on the score sheet.

I agree medic

When you assess Shaw's play,you have to consider the play of the entire line,3 goals,6 points and a combined +3 for the 3rd/checking line is OK with me so far. I know Shaw's been a center in the past but never at the NHL level and it'll take a little time to get it goin' and I think he will. I said in another topic that I thought Q has reigned Shaw in pretty well and I think 2 PM's in the first six bears that out but I also feel that Q should let-up on the reigns once in a while too.

Al in all no complaints about not only the win, but how the team looks. Ay real deficiencies in a game are corrected. Dr. Craw is covering for the D, and the D is covering for Crawford. Scoring seems to be somewhat spread out and all lines are rolling.

Both Brookbank and Rosival are helping Leddy elevate his game, so either in the #6 slot is fine.

Mayers hasn't impressed me thus far, so swapping him back with Bollig, or seeing someone new like Hayes, Beach, or another rockford 3rd-4th liner who looks worthy shouldn't disrupt the balance that much. HOWEVER, the top-3 lines are working, don't mess with them.

The real test for our Hawks will be (1) how they bounce back from a loss and (2) playing a team similarly on fire, like San Jose. But other than that a 6-0-0 start is very impressive and I like what I see overall from everyone. Let's keep it going!