Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McMurrayHawkFan

Attendance Numbers?

34 posts in this topic

Since the owners and players have shown over and over they don't care about the fans, or the many hard working people in the ice rinks, parking areas, etc, that rely on these games to pay their bills, we need to start spreading the word on the NHL message boards throughout the league to boycott whatever we can to take money out of their pockets.

I don't tell people to stop following like T is. So no Rob/Puck, just because I have an opinion doesn't mean you have to follow it. In not one post did I tell anyone to boycott, or be pissed because I am. T is telling everyone to follow his lead, to stop complaining because hockey is back and he is happy they are, so I should be too.

Isn't that you telling people to boycott?

Isn't that you telling people to boycott?

Just for the record, I have three things to add:

1. My own N.H.L. Boycott is my own personal thing. There are solid arguements to make either in favour or against any form of an N.H.L. Boycott. I won't hold anything against any N.H.L. fan either way.
  2. In order to avoid total insanity, I have lessened the scale of my N.H.L. Boycott from the end of the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals to the conclusion of Earth Hour, held globally on Saturday, March 23. Once the Earth puts the bulk of its power back on, that's when I'll be tuning into hockey again.
  3. For everyone who has chosen an N.H.L. boycott in some way, shape, or form, they also have their own individualistic definitions of how they are boycotting. For example, I have stated in an aforementioned way that my own N.H.L. boycott consists of not watching any N.H.L. hockey games. However, I do take a peek at what is happening. For example, I am well aware of how gifted Canadiens' rearguard Pernell Karl Subban has just agreed to a two-year, US$5.75 million deal to continue playing for the Blue, Blanc, et Rouge. By all intents & purposes, this doesn't mean that I'm nearly as obsessed with the N.H.L. as I've been accustomed to prior to Sept. 15. In other words, following the Chicago Bulls has become a much higher priority while only paying attention to major N.H.L. headlines announced on C.T.V. News Channel.

Who says Fred needs any kind of a therapist. It has become crystal clear that this whole N.H.L. fiasco can be figured out independently from the use of any sports psychiatrist at my disposal.

Merci beaucoup.

Fred

Le Club de Hockey Canadien depuis 1909!

I was just pointing out that he said "in not one post" did he say to boycott...but he did. We're all entitled to our own opinions. I for one love watching hockey so I don't plan on stopping.

In spite of my abbreviated N.H.L. boycott, there is substantial evidence that the League's climate has improved drastically.

-In the mid-90's. the Winnipeg Jets left for Phoenix. It had absolutely nothing to do with the team's lack of interest in Winnipeg. It just couldn't survive financially by remaining there.

-15 years later, structural circumstances have changed enough that the Jets could not only return to Winnipeg, but flourish there as well.

-Among my biggest disappointments from the Sept. 15 lockout is that the N.H.L. had the feel-good publicity event of a generation with the Jets returning to Winnipeg. That tremendous momentum could have gotten spoiled if another whole season got wiped out. Because the League saved the 2013 campaign at the last possible minute, the incredible glory of the Jets starting another chapter in Winnipeg gets to pick up where it left off last year.

-Though I am not watching any N.H.L. games until the conclusion of Earth Hour, it doesn't mean I don't care about how the Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge do. In, hockey's biggest-existing francophone rivalry, Le CH got clobbered in Ottawa.

-That wretched feeling hasn't taken over my gut because a Bulls' 104-88 win at Milwaukee has offset that. It doesn't surprise me to learn on bulls.com that roughly 40 per cent of the crowd were Bulls' fans. In fact, this can be billed as the tale of two sporting events. People from Chicago finally had a chance to visit Milwaukee because there is absolutely nothing else exciting to do over there, just like the bland city of Ottawa. All I need to do now is mention the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League & the trifecta of absolute boredom would be at long last completed.

-By all intents & purposes, Fred's self-inflicted N.H.L. boycott continues. Go Habs Go!

Fred

Le Club de Hockey Canadien depuis 1909!

OK there is NO way Florida had 17 thousand PLUS at their game. From bllue line to blue in the lower bowl was 3/4 empty for the whole game. I know its paid tickets, not butts in seats, but this isn't jiving. I watch many games a night and watch the crowds, the announced attendance is NOT near what I see. The teams or the league are buying seats to boost attendance figures and discredit claims of teams being negatively impacted by the lockout.

Hockey markets are still hockey markets with sell outs, however, those sunbelt teams are NOT pulling in the numbers they allege. No way no how. This is propaganda and marketing all at once. "Just look at our paid attendance, things have not suffered at all, very little, moderately (pick your line)".

Really am I the only one who sees this? I recognize I maybe the only one who cares, but .....

Why would they drive up phony revenues numbers to share with the players?

Because the loss of money towards the players is small in comparison to the loss of future sponsor money and the damaged reputation. Its a calculated loss. How is it that 17000 ppl are buying tickets to each home game in Fla but only 9 thousand are showing up? Not that many ppl by and don't go.

Hey man, if you think its tinfoil hat time so be it, I can respect you disagree with me, we tend to not agree often anyhow, I'm just stating that what I see and what is being claimed are two vastly different realities.

Because the loss of money towards the players is small in comparison to the loss of future sponsor money and the damaged reputation. Its a calculated loss. How is it that 17000 ppl are buying tickets to each home game in Fla but only 9 thousand are showing up? Not that many ppl by and don't go.

Hey man, if you think its tinfoil hat time so be it, I can respect you disagree with me, we tend to not agree often anyhow, I'm just stating that what I see and what is being claimed are two vastly different realities.

There were more tickets purchased for Hawks games that those that attended for years.