SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Blackhawks Apps Blackhawks Facebook Blackhawks on Twitter Blackhawks Newsletter Blackhawks Mobile Blackhawks Blog Blackhawks Pinterest
Message Boards
 

Jump to content


Blackhawks Tavern In My Basement


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#51 Biscuit_In_The_Basket

Biscuit_In_The_Basket

    Mohdoraitor

  • Moderator
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

View Post1Shot1Goal, on 19 February 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Kinda like this

Posted Image

So you have been there too, eh?
Questions, comments, concerns, please post them here

#52 HawkMod

HawkMod

    Senior Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

the picture of Michael in the middle makes that wall all the more disturbing.
Senior Moderator of the Chicago Blackhawks Message Board
any comments or suggestions, please email me or send me a pm
Founder of the "I love Jeremy Morin Club"

#53 Stosh-1

Stosh-1

    Perennial All Star

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

That's an insult.  My Beiber pictures are professionally framed by Jon at Framer's Alley in Park Ridge.

Seriously though, if you ever need something done, Jon is the guy to go see.

#54 scottp0705

scottp0705

    Draft Pick

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Stosh,

I just joined the forum and just saw this thread with your pictures. Absolutely incredible room! I have had an itch to do something very similar, and my recent house search is centralized on places with a large basement for it haha! The only difference is, I don't plan on mine being exclusive to Blackhawks. I collect any and all sports memorabilia.

Huge inspiration! Thanks for posting your pics!

#55 1Shot1Goal

1Shot1Goal

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postscottp0705, on 20 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Stosh,

I just joined the forum and just saw this thread with your pictures. Absolutely incredible room! I have had an itch to do something very similar, and my recent house search is centralized on places with a large basement for it haha! The only difference is, I don't plan on mine being exclusive to Blackhawks. I collect any and all sports memorabilia.

Huge inspiration! Thanks for posting your pics!

Welcome to the forums!!
"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out."
Questions/Concerns PM or Email me
Twitter - @1shot1goal

#56 Stosh-1

Stosh-1

    Perennial All Star

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View Postscottp0705, on 20 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Stosh,

I just joined the forum and just saw this thread with your pictures. Absolutely incredible room! I have had an itch to do something very similar, and my recent house search is centralized on places with a large basement for it haha! The only difference is, I don't plan on mine being exclusive to Blackhawks. I collect any and all sports memorabilia.

Huge inspiration! Thanks for posting your pics!

Thank you.  Best thing is, I get the $100 reward for recruiting new members!  

BIB I'll pm you my address.

The rest of the basement is full of other memorabilia.  That room is just the Hawks stuff.

#57 galaxytrash

galaxytrash

    Perennial All Star

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

WOW Stosh......gawd!!...but that's nice!!.

if i had a basement like that, i might never see daylight again, as long as i could have the beer delivered.

awesome, awesome job. really, really beautiful!
" WE'RE THE CHAMPS!! "

#58 Blackhawks_goalie

Blackhawks_goalie

    2nd liner

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm hoping within 15-20 some years I have enough money and a wife that will let me have that. (Iam 21 now so I will be about 35-40 then) I have a bit now I have to show off later this week.
"How would you like a job where, every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?" Jacques Plante

#59 Gagnon391

Gagnon391

    4th liner

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Stosh, I sent you a pm but I don't know if it went through. I've been looking for larger photos of players like the one's you have in your room. I'm not sure the exact dimensions but every time I try to look one up online I cannot find anything. I guess I don't exactly know what the large, framed photos are "called." I've googled, "large Blackhawks pictures," "huge, giant, etc.," but every time the only thing that shows up are 8x10's. If you could point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to find the large images that you have framed, I'd greatly appreciate it.

#60 Stosh-1

Stosh-1

    Perennial All Star

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

There's not an easy answer to that. Photos are sometimes very tough to get. If you're looking for images online big enough that you can have printed, you probably won't have much luck. Some of the photos I have signed like the large Toews shots were bought from NHL photo store.  They can be pricey.  None of these are free, found using google. The market for these is large and every image is owned by someone.  

If you're looking to purchase licensed photos, eBay is always a source. Photofile.com sells photos too. If you're looking for the files to print them on your own, I can't help you much there. If that's specifically what you're looking to do, send me a pm and I'll try to give you some tips.

#61 Nuckluck

Nuckluck

    All Star

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostAeroLaura, on 23 March 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Очень рада Встрече с Вами!
В авиакомпаниях в.

Agree to disagree!   And never say stuff like that about Stoshy here again!   :(


Regards

N.

#62 PuckProphet

PuckProphet

    Perennial All Star

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

hehe better spend a buck or 2 to frame that thing wtg!
Championships BELONG in Camelot...

#63 ouzo

ouzo

    Perennial All Star

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostStosh-1, on 05 March 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

There's not an easy answer to that. Photos are sometimes very tough to get. If you're looking for images online big enough that you can have printed, you probably won't have much luck. Some of the photos I have signed like the large Toews shots were bought from NHL photo store.  They can be pricey.  None of these are free, found using google. The market for these is large and every image is owned by someone.  

If you're looking to purchase licensed photos, eBay is always a source. Photofile.com sells photos too. If you're looking for the files to print them on your own, I can't help you much there. If that's specifically what you're looking to do, send me a pm and I'll try to give you some tips.

First of all. What a heaven you have built in there! Every Hawks fans home arena fantasy :)

It's really pain in the ass to get proper pictures printed. The worst thing is, NHL image shop won't ship to Europe. I tried to by the SC photo, everyone on the ice, with no luck :/

Edit: Just checked again, and it seems they might actually ship to Finland nowadays. Godda revisit the site :)

Edited by ouzo, 04 May 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#19 - "This is the kind of talent, that can bring a franchise back from dead!"

#64 Stosh-1

Stosh-1

    Perennial All Star

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postouzo, on 04 May 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

First of all. What a heaven you have built in there! Every Hawks fans home arena fantasy :)

It's really pain in the ass to get proper pictures printed. The worst thing is, NHL image shop won't ship to Europe. I tried to by the SC photo, everyone on the ice, with no luck :/

Edit: Just checked again, and it seems they might actually ship to Finland nowadays. Godda revisit the site :)

If you need it, you pay the shipping and I'll get it to you.  Just let me know and we'll figure it out.

#65 Yellowsun8

Yellowsun8

    Draft Pick

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

hi....is there some way I can contact you? We would like to do a story on your basement. I am a producer at Comcast SportsNet. Can you send me your email address please? THANK YOU! Sarah

#66 hsbob

hsbob

    Hall of Famer

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,253 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

You're gonna' be famous Stosh!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

#67 bhawksprncss19

bhawksprncss19

    All Star

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

This popped up on my twitter feed and looked awfully familiar ;)

http://www.csnchicag...khawks-fan-cave

Her highness has spoken.


Posted Image


#68 Stosh-1

Stosh-1

    Perennial All Star

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

View Postbhawksprncss19, on 14 June 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

This popped up on my twitter feed and looked awfully familiar ;)

http://www.csnchicag...khawks-fan-cave

lol, yeah.  I'm just glad my daughter got her tv debut at such a young age.

#69 ROB315

ROB315

    Sweater Retired

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

I was wondering if that was you...now it's confirmed.

Great Stuff!

Edited by ROB315, 15 June 2013 - 06:44 AM.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 the Hawks clinch playoff spot.
Thursday, April 11, 2013 the Hawks clinch the Central.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 Hawks clinch the West.

#70 shark86x

shark86x

    4th liner

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

That is one sweet basement, even if it is your mom's! All I have is a crawlspace, and the wife wouldn't let me do that to the living room. Hmmm, maybe it's time for a new wife?

#71 TheGrog

TheGrog

    4th liner

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Smokinmedic offered me a room to sleep in when I come out from PA for parade.  He has since told me his house may be full of relatives.  Can I crash in your basement?
Philacago Flyhawks Fan

Posted Image