The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CapitalistInfidel

Brandon Saad Explodes!

I know a lot of people have been waiting for Brandon to show a little more in Rockford. I've watched 8 games on AHL live and it wasn't from lack of effort he was just snake bit. It looks like it's all come together for him over the past 2 games. 2 goals 4 assists..........did I mention both goals were game winners?

I understand we're all excited about the start of the NHL season but lets not forget we still have some quality prospects like Saad, Clendening, Morin, Hayes, and Smith playing in Rockford.

There's still something about him I just don't like. I seen him play live at least 5-6 times. And he is like Akim Aliu. All the tools are there. But the overall effort seems to lack. When they step up and actually play. They dominate. Then they're invisible for another 5-10 games.

This is why I feel he should be traded. Or at minimal. Leave him in the farm until he is truly ready.

Trust me. This is not a guy you want o rush into the NHL!!!

I'm not sure what to make of Saad. I for one desire him to be a top 6 forward (at wing, not center), but from all the scouting reports from people who work in hockey to fans like us, I see two totally different takes on him. There are some who say he dominates games despite his stats not being reflective of his play (i.e. worth the hype) while there are others who say he's lazy and won't amount to much in the NHL (i.e. over hyped). As with most things, it's probably somewhere in the middle.

However, the fact that he does have 6 points in 2 games including 2 GWGs is something to take note of. And maybe that's it: now that he knows that the NHL is set to start next weekend, maybe he's putting in (extra) effort to make a name for himself so he gets a tryout (or at least the first call up). Would he have exploded like this if the NHL were still in strike?

Again, I think (or rather "hope") he will project to be a top 6 player but after at least a full year in the AHL first.

I'm not sure what to make of Saad. I for one desire him to be a top 6 forward (at wing, not center), but from all the scouting reports from people who work in hockey to fans like us, I see two totally different takes on him. There are some who say he dominates games despite his stats not being reflective of his play (i.e. worth the hype) while there are others who say he's lazy and won't amount to much in the NHL (i.e. over hyped). As with most things, it's probably somewhere in the middle.

However, the fact that he does have 6 points in 2 games including 2 GWGs is something to take note of. And maybe that's it: now that he knows that the NHL is set to start next weekend, maybe he's putting in (extra) effort to make a name for himself so he gets a tryout (or at least the first call up). Would he have exploded like this if the NHL were still in strike?

Again, I think (or rather "hope") he will project to be a top 6 player but after at least a full year in the AHL first.

All I can speak of is the games I've seen on AHL live and in each and every game he's been the Hogs best player. Unfortunately I've never seen a player miss so many breakaways and 2 on 1's in my life. He's also the best 2 way player on the team, reminds me of Hossa in that respect. In all the games I've seen him play he has given 100% in each of them. That's not to say he hasn't given 100% in the other 30 games or so that I haven't seen.

From what I saw, Saad was called up to attend training camp. I didn't get the chance to go watch the guys skate today, but I know he was one of the 7 guys the Hawks called up from Rockford when the lockout ended.

Smith is injured, so I know he stayed in Rockford for now. Now there is a great player! I look forward to seeing both of them play with the Hawks sometime during the season.

So Saad breaks camp with the big team, good for him. Meanwhile Pirri gets sent down again and reacts by getting a pair for Rockford first game back. I'm wondering when Pirri gets his chance, if the Bolland at 2nd line center doesn't work? or if kruger falters in whatever role they place him? I know in this compacted season they are going to go with mostly known qualities, I'm just hoping he gets a fair shot when the inevitable injuries occur.