The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CapitalistInfidel

Rockford 5 Milwaukee 3

This was the 1st of the 10 pack that I bought on AHL Live. First let me say that Rockford is one helluva fun team to watch. I believe this is the 3rd game in a row that they trailed by 2 goals in the game and eventually won.

The standouts in this game were St. Pierre, Smith, Pirri, and Saad. Unfortunately Saad didn't get a point, he won every single board battle and made some great passes that his teammates couldn't take advantage of. Pirri was all over the ice and even broke up a pass from behind his own net that saved a scoring chance. I actually had to look twice to make sure it was him playing such great defense. :) Smith (and Shaw for that matter) parked themselves in from of the Milwaukee goalie and Smith was rewarded with a tip in goal.

Clendening and Leddy were solid once again and both had 2 points. All 4 points were on the power play. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Dahlbeck. He may never get a point but boy is he ever good defensively. Seems to always be in the right position and for the most part makes the right decisions with the puck. Same with Stanton but when Stanton was paired with Lebda it was a disaster. Those two together just couldn't get the puck out of their own zone.

The Icehogs decided to take about 5 minutes off in the second period when the Admirals put up a 3 spot. They seem to always have a few minutes every game when they run around way too much.

Once again Beach was invisible and while Jimmy Hayes won some battles he didn't really stand out too much like he did against the Checkers. Kruger and Morin were so so, Morin was probably a little better since he did win some board battles but Kruger was pretty much invisible.

They weren't as dominant as they were in there pair of wins in Charlotte but it was a fun game to watch and a win is a win.

And if there is ever a shortened season, the Hawk brass will take no chances, play it safe and call back the guys that played last year, deserving or not. But I'm really hoping that some of these guys, especially Pirri, get a legitimate shot.

Seems to really be a dog pile in terms of stats, with goals and points really being spread out between the top 7 or so players. It appears as if our perceived depth in the farm system is really starting to come into fruition. I haven't been watching any games yet but I have been actively following all the write-ups and score sheets and it's really nice to see the Hogs really coming together as a 4 line team rather than just a few blue chips and a bunch of plugs. Nice to see St. Pierre, who was in the Hawks system before, having a solid season so far and leading the team as captain.

Great to hear.

Also hope Pirri gets a shot if and when the season gets going.

Really dissappointed with Beach though. What is with this guy?! Does he want out of the organization?

This was the 1st of the 10 pack that I bought on AHL Live. First let me say that Rockford is one helluva fun team to watch. I believe this is the 3rd game in a row that they trailed by 2 goals in the game and eventually won.

The standouts in this game were St. Pierre, Smith, Pirri, and Saad. Unfortunately Saad didn't get a point, he won every single board battle and made some great passes that his teammates couldn't take advantage of. Pirri was all over the ice and even broke up a pass from behind his own net that saved a scoring chance. I actually had to look twice to make sure it was him playing such great defense. :) Smith (and Shaw for that matter) parked themselves in from of the Milwaukee goalie and Smith was rewarded with a tip in goal.

Clendening and Leddy were solid once again and both had 2 points. All 4 points were on the power play. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Dahlbeck. He may never get a point but boy is he ever good defensively. Seems to always be in the right position and for the most part makes the right decisions with the puck. Same with Stanton but when Stanton was paired with Lebda it was a disaster. Those two together just couldn't get the puck out of their own zone.

The Icehogs decided to take about 5 minutes off in the second period when the Admirals put up a 3 spot. They seem to always have a few minutes every game when they run around way too much.

Once again Beach was invisible and while Jimmy Hayes won some battles he didn't really stand out too much like he did against the Checkers. Kruger and Morin were so so, Morin was probably a little better since he did win some board battles but Kruger was pretty much invisible.

They weren't as dominant as they were in there pair of wins in Charlotte but it was a fun game to watch and a win is a win.

Regarding Lebda, in the games I have seen, he hasnt been very good at all. No clue why he was signed, IMO his days as an NHL D-man are behind him.

Regarding Lebda, in the games I have seen, he hasnt been very good at all. No clue why he was signed, IMO his days as an NHL D-man are behind him.

Lebda hasn't been terrible but why not put in Olsen and pair him with Lalonde? I know Olsen is in the doghouse at the moment but in the long run I think Olsen will be a much better player than what a soon to be 31 year old Lebda is right now.

Nice to read that about Dahlbeck; I had asked a couple of weeks ago in another thread how he was doing. I had read that he was a defensive d-man so I knew the stat sheet wouldn't tell me anything about how he was looking. I hope he keeps developing,

Great to hear.

Also hope Pirri gets a shot if and when the season gets going.

Really dissappointed with Beach though. What is with this guy?! Does he want out of the organization?

I think he's having a really nice season so far, still on the plus side in +/- (barely but it's something), 8 goals (tied for 2nd most on the team), leading in shot percentage at 21.1%, 2nd in PIMs (behind Bollig) but drawing just as many penalties. This isn't the same Kyle Beach from a few years ago, he's matured quite a bit, and I think that the long term injury last year really made a difference. He's really become quite the agitator, he runs his mouth a lot and gets the opposition angry and has learned not to retaliate once he gets them going. Far fewer stupid penalties from him this year. Lots of positives if you ask me . . .

I think he's having a really nice season so far, still on the plus side in +/- (barely but it's something), 8 goals (tied for 2nd most on the team), leading in shot percentage at 21.1%, 2nd in PIMs (behind Bollig) but drawing just as many penalties. This isn't the same Kyle Beach from a few years ago, he's matured quite a bit, and I think that the long term injury last year really made a difference. He's really become quite the agitator, he runs his mouth a lot and gets the opposition angry and has learned not to retaliate once he gets them going. Far fewer stupid penalties from him this year. Lots of positives if you ask me . . .

Thanks for that Princess. Beach is one prospect I have had a lot of hope/faith in/for and I guess I just am getting a little impatient with his development or lack ther of. I do realize his injury last year wiped out a full year for him. I am happy to hear that he is progressing in your opinion.

Beach sounds like he's the type of player hometown fans love and opposing fans hate.

It's good to hear hear he's matured and is playing smarter than in the past. What does he still need to work on to take that next step?

Beach sounds like he's the type of player hometown fans love and opposing fans hate.

It's good to hear hear he's matured and is playing smarter than in the past. What does he still need to work on to take that next step?

Consistency is the key for Beach. He's doing well this season, but needs to show that the improvements he's made are here to stay, and can carry throughout the season. If he can do that, I think he'll be in a really good position to take the next step.