The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CapitalistInfidel

Paradis Reassigned To Toledo

I thought he was playing on an energy/grinder line with Flick and Bollig? 4th liners aren't supposed to have a lot of ice time. Are Bollig and Flick playing that much better than Paradis to make him the odd one out? All three of them hit, fight, agitate, and play physical. This demotion kind of surprises me, unless the Hawks/Hogs management think that Paradis has more to offer than being a 4th liner and will develop better as a 3rd or even 2nd liner in Toledo.

I thought he was playing on an energy/grinder line with Flick and Bollig? 4th liners aren't supposed to have a lot of ice time. Are Bollig and Flick playing that much better than Paradis to make him the odd one out? All three of them hit, fight, agitate, and play physical. This demotion kind of surprises me, unless the Hawks/Hogs management think that Paradis has more to offer than being a 4th liner and will develop better as a 3rd or even 2nd liner in Toledo.

Kind of scratched my head at this one at first also. But you bring up a good point, they have a glut of forwards in Rockford and maybe just wanted to get him more ice time.

Kind of scratched my head at this one at first also. But you bring up a good point, they have a glut of forwards in Rockford and maybe just wanted to get him more ice time.

I think it's a glut of "power forwards." You've got Beach at 6'3" 210lbs, Hayes 6'5" 210lbs, Flick 6'2" 208lbs, and Bollig 6'3" 225lbs. Even Saad, Smith, and LeBlanc are all 200lbs or more. It's a shame cause Paradis has some real skill.