The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northernhawk

Pending 2013 Hawk Ufa's

Pending 2013 UFA's  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see stay with the Hawks?

• Viktor Stalberg
    • Bryan Bickell
    • Jamal Mayers
    • Michal Rozsival
    • Ray Emery
    • Carter Hutton

DarthKane    1,962

At this point Stalberg is the only one I'd like to see back. He's a top 6 forward and I don't think he's reached his full potential.

Bickell had promise but he's far too inconsistent. Mayers is great, but I think age becomes a factor now. Carcillo and Bollig provide some grit to the lineup which lessens the need for Bickell and Mayers. It's also time I give the young guys a change. Smith will be on a one-way deal next season and 1-2 of Saad, Morin, Hayes and Pirri will be ready to step up. Also if Danault or McNeill (to a lesser extent) are ready for NHL duty next season we could see more than this list if UFAs go.

I'd like to see a significant move made with the goaltending too. I'm ok with Crawford as the starter (for now) but I'd like to see a better backup. Emery is good, but I think we can do better. In Rockford it's time to give our goalie prospects a chance. Hutton isn't he future of our goaltending so it's time to let Richards, Simpson or Carruth step up.

yooper496    2,291

At this point Stalberg is the only one I'd like to see back. He's a top 6 forward and I don't think he's reached his full potential.

Bickell had promise but he's far too inconsistent. Mayers is great, but I think age becomes a factor now. Carcillo and Bollig provide some grit to the lineup which lessens the need for Bickell and Mayers. It's also time I give the young guys a change. Smith will be on a one-way deal next season and 1-2 of Saad, Morin, Hayes and Pirri will be ready to step up. Also if Danault or McNeill (to a lesser extent) are ready for NHL duty next season we could see more than this list if UFAs go.

I'd like to see a significant move made with the goaltending too. I'm ok with Crawford as the starter (for now) but I'd like to see a better backup. Emery is good, but I think we can do better. In Rockford it's time to give our goalie prospects a chance. Hutton isn't he future of our goaltending so it's time to let Richards, Simpson or Carruth step up.

Excelent post, DarthKane! I agree with nearly everything you offered. If Stalberg has an incredible season should there be any games played this year, would it be possible to trade him prior to the off-season for a legit 2LC? I'm not sure who that may be from other organizations if any. I do like several of our prospects and would love to keep Stalberg and simply bring up Pirri, McNeill or other young center to fill an obvious need of the Hawks at 2LC.

HawkeyLife07    974

Well I just spent $350 on a Stalberg jersey so he better not be going anywhere :P

But really, I would choose him and Rozsival.

DarthKane said everything that I wanted to say.

DarthKane    1,962

Well I just spent $350 on a Stalberg jersey so he better not be going anywhere :P

But really, I would choose him and Rozsival.

DarthKane said everything that I wanted to say.

I think they will keep Stalberg, he's still the only tangible return from the great purge and the Bowmans seems to like Swedish players. It also depends on what happens the the age for free agency, this may be out of Stan's hands if the season is cancelled and Stalberg is a UFA when the next reason resumes. If Stalberg wants to stay (at a fair price) he will stay.

rinkrat21    1,660

Thats some pretty slim pickens to choose from right there.

Bickell is too inconsistent and refuses to play to his size.

Mayers is too old.

Maybe Rozsival, but not sure there will be a need and he is no spring chicken either.

Emery is easily replaceable.

Hutton is not an NHL goalie.

Stalberg I guess, but by default more than anything.

None could be the right answer if Stalberg wants too much money. Might be a better option to let them all go and bring up some of Stan's hyped up kids and see what we got.

squishy24    1,317

stalberg - roszival - emery

maybe hutton and brookbank for depth

the bickell experiment is over.

mayers will be too old, there are younger players that can replace him