Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NextDynasty

Hammer Signs In Italy

6 posts in this topic

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/chicagos-hjalmarsson-signs-in-italian-league/

Granted, it is only short term to play for the team in a Euro tourney, but still seems odd timing as others have opted out of their Euro contracts this week.

I often wonder why players pick certain countries to play in. You would think Hjalmarsson would play in his home country.

It does seem off that any players are signing oversees right now (I think Dustin Brown did too). Either a deal is a lot farther away than we know or the communication between Fehr and the players isn't as good as he lets on.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/chicagos-hjalmarsson-signs-in-italian-league/

Granted, it is only short term to play for the team in a Euro tourney, but still seems odd timing as others have opted out of their Euro contracts this week.

Hey, thanks for the update. I've been concerned that the lack of competition would diminish some of Hjalmarsson's play.

I often wonder why players pick certain countries to play in. You would think Hjalmarsson would play in his home country.

It does seem off that any players are signing oversees right now (I think Dustin Brown did too). Either a deal is a lot farther away than we know or the communication between Fehr and the players isn't as good as he lets on.

My guess is the price was right. Those private sponsors must be treating him well for his participation in the tournament.

Hm, Sweden is some exception here, SEL don't want NHL players for limited time, teams have some kind of agreement there ... KHL has strictly regulations for NHL players too (plus not everyone wants play in Russia) and it looks that Swiss teams are interesting only on star players (like Kaner).So, opportunities where to play are limited this time, unlike 2004 season.

Too bad that Toews as one of the Fehr's main young PR faces won't play hockey anywhere until season is cancelled or deal between NHL and Union is done.