Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KaneToews1988

Andrew Shaw Suspension/discipline?

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Shaw got anything from the AHL from his little tackle on Saturday night? He came off the bench during a scrum at full speed, tackled the guy and whaled on him! It was awesome to see...just the wrong thing to do especially not being on the ice. Not sure if something like this warrants anything severe, but was just wondering

Does anyone know if Shaw got anything from the AHL from his little tackle on Saturday night? He came off the bench during a scrum at full speed, tackled the guy and whaled on him! It was awesome to see...just the wrong thing to do especially not being on the ice. Not sure if something like this warrants anything severe, but was just wondering

Nothing in supplementary discipline as far as I know.

He got 5 min for fighting, a 10 minute misconduct and a game misconduct at the start of the 3rd period though. Me and my son were there.

It was hard to see what started it all, can you fill us in on the details of how that brawl got started?

Regardless, it sure set the Hogs on fire on the 3rd period! Those boys were pissed and it showed! 4 goals in the 3rd was awesome! Guess we should go beat on them a bit before each game eh?? LOL!

it started after the buzzer...a Hog cross checked a Lake Erie player down on his knees and a melee broke out. Olsen was getting ganged up on by like 3 players and Shaw came out of nowhere from the bench and just drilled the guy. Thats all I could really see. Something must have really set him off or previous history with the guy...not sure.

I watched the game and Bordeleau, whos 6'6" 240, was pushing Pirri around and after he was pulled from the scrum he decided to sucker punch Olsen a few times and when Olsen was on the ice Shaw flew over the boards to do something.

It may be wrong to leave the bench but it sparked the team and they scored 5 straight.

we were there too.....that was a great semi-brawl.....started behind the

net and moved all over the ice!!!

going back in about a week or so....

mike

I watched the game and Bordeleau, whos 6'6" 240, was pushing Pirri around and after he was pulled from the scrum he decided to sucker punch Olsen a few times and when Olsen was on the ice Shaw flew over the boards to do something.

It may be wrong to leave the bench but it sparked the team and they scored 5 straight.

Well, technically it sparked 4 more. 1 of the 5 straight occurred before the scrum.

I found video!

So, from what I can tell, Pirri gives one of the monsters a little shove into the wall, then the big guy Bordeleau comes in and actually ends up pushing down Ben Smith. Then, Jeremy Morin comes and starts throwing punches followed by Dylan Olsen also trying to get at the guy. The refs come in, and this is when you think things would be done, but the Bordeleau goes after Olsen and cheap shots him from behind. This is when you see Shaw come flying in, and he tackles Bordeleau and starts beating on him. The refs get to Shaw and hold him back, meanwhile Bordeleau is getting ready for a real battle (removing his helmet). Two of the officials are struggling to hold back Shaw as he tries to get back at Bordeleau. Then Wade Brookbank comes in and tries to have a legit fight with Bordeleau but he gets pulled away by an official before anything happens. Bollig also came off the bench, but it had kind of died down by the time he got in there. The guys originally on the ice when this started were Clendening, Olsen, Morin, Smith, and Pirri, so Shaw, Brookbank, and Bollig all got booted from the game for leaving the bench to join the fray.

I found video!

So, from what I can tell, Pirri gives one of the monsters a little shove into the wall, then the big guy Bordeleau comes in and actually ends up pushing down Ben Smith. Then, Jeremy Morin comes and starts throwing punches followed by Dylan Olsen also trying to get at the guy. The refs come in, and this is when you think things would be done, but the Bordeleau goes after Olsen and cheap shots him from behind. This is when you see Shaw come flying in, and he tackles Bordeleau and starts beating on him. The refs get to Shaw and hold him back, meanwhile Bordeleau is getting ready for a real battle (removing his helmet). Two of the officials are struggling to hold back Shaw as he tries to get back at Bordeleau. Then Wade Brookbank comes in and tries to have a legit fight with Bordeleau but he gets pulled away by an official before anything happens. Bollig also came off the bench, but it had kind of died down by the time he got in there. The guys originally on the ice when this started were Clendening, Olsen, Morin, Smith, and Pirri, so Shaw, Brookbank, and Bollig all got booted from the game for leaving the bench to join the fray.

I AM VOTING FOR ANDREW SHAW

I found video!

Thanks Steph! It was hard to see what started it all from where we were sitting. Glad to see youtube had video of it!

Okay now that video holds a lot of promise for the future of this franchise. Teammate toughness, sticking up for one another, I like what I see.

Now here's hoping that kind of mentality doesn't get castrated when those boys come up to the bigs.

Side note: Lake Erie's goaltender in that game, Calvin Pickard, played in the WHL the last couple of seasons here where I live. I got to meet him a couple of times - good kid, good goalie hung out to dry all the time by a terrible Seattle defense. I've been a Pickard fan and hope he fairs better than his brother did with Nashville's farm system. That said, if Rockford lit him up for five, way to go!

Well, here's the fallout guys....

Just out on twitter

Chris Kuc@ChrisKuc AHL Rockford IceHogs' Andrew Shaw suspended 6 games, Dylan Olsen 2 and Wade Brookbank 1 for Nov. 3 altercation vs. Lake Erie. #Blackhawks

Not sure why Olsen got suspended considering he was jumped from behind. Shaw and Brookbank left the bench to join the fight, so I can see those, but 6 games for Shaw seems rather ridiculous. 2 or 3 would have been fine, but 6 is extreme.

I feel bad for Shaw, he got screwed big time in his first NHL playoffs because of a wicked dive and a bias Shanahan. And now 6 for this, does Shanny have a say in the AHL as well, what a joke.

Did Bordeleau get anything for his actions?

I feel bad for Shaw, he got screwed big time in his first NHL playoffs because of a wicked dive and a bias Shanahan. And now 6 for this, does Shanny have a say in the AHL as well, what a joke.

Did Bordeleau get anything for his actions?

I was thinking the same thing, OTH. I still recall listening to that game on the radio coming home from work that night when the Hawks announcer said that play was a series changer. At the time Wideman(?) really thought smith was injured and how that would impact their goaltending but as it turned out, the Hawks were screwed big time.

Gosh, I miss hockey!