Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rinkrat21

Oduya To Play In Thailand

17 posts in this topic

"Known for rough and tough playing, Oduya said he has seen some real promise from the expats and locals playing."

--

and this, ladies and gentleman, is why you don't get your hockey news from a Bangkok publication :lol:

"Known for rough and tough playing, Oduya said he has seen some real promise from the expats and locals playing."

--

and this, ladies and gentleman, is why you don't get your hockey news from a Bangkok publication :lol:

Wow, I'd be interested what they'd write about John Scott? :D

"Known for his dreadlocks and for turning the puck over repeatedly in the defensive zone."

Didn`t you know, John Scott is already playing in Congo for the Brazzaville Cannibals. (btw, it`s not a nickname).

Thailand? Really? What I most remember about Thailand is during the Viet Nam war I learned about an air base in Bum Phoc. No kidding, and it's pronounced "very much" like it is spelled. :D

I think this wins the oddest development of the lockout awards. Could only be topped by "NHL and NHLPA agree to new CBA. Shortened 2012-13 season schedule to be released."

Thailand? They play field hockey in Thailand, formerly called Siam! When, pray tell, did they ever acquire the motivation to have ice rinks and then play on them? It truly is the 21st Century.

Then again, maybe Johnny's really just playing field hockey. Yep, playin' the field...;)

Bangkok has that rep.

Do they play hockey in Thailand with Thai Sticks ???.......... :D

That's a good one Creatch. Actually, Johnny O's Rastafarian look might just suggest that!

Considering what the tourney was about...I find this quite cool. He may not be the ideal NHL amabasador to a non-hockey nation, but the fact that he's there is pretty awesome.

I guess it's only holidays for him, you will probably see more ice in your whisky drink as Oduya in Thailand.

Oduya's trip to Thailand can't be compared to other Hawks Europe temp. contract's (Kane, Bickell, Frodo..), he will return maybe well rested and suntanned but no way well prepared player.Well, there are some good opportunities to improove diving skill, but he's not Canuck.

http://www.flyingfarangs.com/

Last team photo on that Thai team's web site is dated 2008 and last update on news section is from 2007.No results/roster or so info as well.There is no evidence that they even played hockey (I mean ICE hockey) last 4 seasons : D

Content_top_Hockey.jpg

Thailand? Really? What I most remember about Thailand is during the Viet Nam war I learned about an air base in Bum Phoc. No kidding, and it's pronounced "very much" like it is spelled. :D

Is Bum Phoc located near Bangkok?