Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HawkeyLife07

Your Favourite Hawks Jersey

69 members have voted

1. 1. What IS your Favourite Hawks' Jersey?

• Red (Home)
    • White (Away)
    • 2009-2010 Alternate
    • 2008-2009 Alternate
    • "Barber Pole" Jersey

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

Another time killer here. Nice light subject aha if this somehow goes back to Stan Bowman, I swear to god... :lol:

Nothing beats the red (home) jersey.

Olesz.jpg

truer words have never been spoken.

I liked the black alternate one.

Easily the red. I liked the all-black alternates, but The red is the red. Best Unit in all of pro sports no matter what a couch-warming "shower-sack" blogger with about as much fashion sense as your average transient thinks.

I like the white, red, black, and barber pole. Not so much on the winter classic. But my absolute favorite is any Hawk sweater with a player wearing it during a game in....I don't know.....October!!!!!! ;)

I was never a big fan of the all black jerseys in general but I did like ones that had some lighter, contrasting color on them, such as the Bruins gold. I never really liked ones that had darker colors along with the black; nothing stood out.

That said, the Hawks all black previous alternate grew on me and I like it too (I like the red the best). I wouldn't object to it being made the alternate again.

Could someone post a picture of the barber pole jersey? I'm guessing there's a reason it's not leading the voting. ;)

Phill9, I'm the same as you on the Winter Classic. I liked it at first but then the newness began to wear off. I suspect some others may have been the same way.

I like the red one, followed by the black. However, while I never cared for the Winter Classic jersey, I thought it was better as a 3rd than the black. I just think the third should be something different than normal, and the black looked too much like the normal jerseys.

The red is the best.

That said, and I'm sure I'll get shot for this: I actually liked what they did with the Hawks (and only the Hawks) with the black ice jerseys.

If the league and NHLPA weren't being a bunch of dbags, I'd have bought one. As is, the next jersey I buy is going to be for the local WHL team.

Red,White,Black..No name..No number...I am a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks....And if you are a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks you will know that the names and numbers change on a constant basis. If you want to be a players fan then JUST DO IT and buy and follow them and their teams quit crying if they got traded,And for the love of God quit saying I want them to be here(players fan NOT a Blackhawks fan). I again am a true believer of this organization...The Indianhead logo....Nothing else....PERIOD. If it is a player,coach,GM,trainer,towel boy or just a bad experience that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.....you are not a true fan but a fan of your own beliefs. Go back to your fantasies but please leave the Indianhead logo out of it.

All-blacks.

I didn't realize how much I actually liked the black jerseys until they stopped using them. Hopefully if and when the season starts they'll make it back in the rotation.

I don't particularly care for the color red..... and yet without a doubt the red jersey is not only the best Hawk jersey, but the best looking jersey period.

129035311_display_image.jpg?1331622721

Posted · Hidden by unbridled_id, November 1, 2012 - redo · Report post

I don't even like the color red..... and yet without a doubt the red jersey is not only the best Hawk jersey, but the best looking jersey period.

I don't particularly care for the color red..... and yet without a doubt the red jersey is not only the best Hawk jersey, but the best looking jersey period.

The red jersey is the best without question....but you can't go wrong with the white one either. We're every lucky to have the best jersey ever.

Olesz_white.jpg

I was never a big fan of the all black jerseys in general but I did like ones that had some lighter, contrasting color on them, such as the Bruins gold. I never really liked ones that had darker colors along with the black; nothing stood out.

That said, the Hawks all black previous alternate grew on me and I like it too (I like the red the best). I wouldn't object to it being made the alternate again.

Could someone post a picture of the barber pole jersey? I'm guessing there's a reason it's not leading the voting. ;)

Phill9, I'm the same as you on the Winter Classic. I liked it at first but then the newness began to wear off. I suspect some others may have been the same way.

roenick-75th-jersey-600.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the barber pole jersey, nor do I really care for the old style Indian Head. I respect the tradition of all our uniforms, but I prefer the newest version (red then white).

I think I prefer the white jerseys just because the logos pop much nicer on them.

Albeit, tomorrow I'll probably like the red one more. Can't choose one over the other.

this is kind of like asking me to choose between my children, if i had any. I like them all.

this is kind of like asking me to choose between my children, if i had any. I like them all.

nice comparison and I agree, I love my main son and my other kids equally. dry.gif

I like the red one, followed by the black. However, while I never cared for the Winter Classic jersey, I thought it was better as a 3rd than the black. I just think the third should be something different than normal, and the black looked too much like the normal jerseys.

I agree. The third jerseys were just done as a money grab so why not make it different than the other two. I think they would sell more thirds by doing something different instead of just the current jerseys in a different color.

Even though the all black has grown on me I still would have liked something different. (I still think the Rangers third was the best.)

Could it be the Hawks didn't want to tamper very much with tradition?

HawkeyLife, thanks. It's not a bad jersey; not as bad as I was expecting it to be. I wonder if Hawk fans raved about it back when it was first introduced.

Those barber-poles are awesome -- was planning on picking one up this season, but since the lockout, I can't bring myself to do so.