The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smokinmedic1

The Cup Will Be In Elmhurst On Halloween!

http://twitpic.com/b7mu5a

The Denis Savard Foundation sponsoring a night with the Stanley Cup on Wednesday October 31st at York Community High School from 7-9PM. For a $10 donation (100% of the proceeds go to the charity) you can have your picture taken with the Stanley Cup!

Also in attendance will be Blackhawks head coach Joel Quennville, former Hawks captain Martin LaPointe, and of course, Denis Savard!

Bring your own camera and come join in the fun! At least it's something to do with the lockout going on!:P

I know I will be there!! I never miss another chance to see the Cup!!

http://twitpic.com/b7mu5a

The Denis Savard Foundation sponsoring a night with the Stanley Cup on Wednesday October 31st at York Community High School from 7-9PM. For a $10 donation (100% of the proceeds go to the charity) you can have your picture taken with the Stanley Cup!

Also in attendance will be Blackhawks head coach Joel Quennville, former Hawks captain Martin LaPointe, and of course, Denis Savard!

Bring your own camera and come join in the fun! At least it's something to do with the lockout going on!:P

I know I will be there!! I never miss another chance to see the Cup!!

Thanks for posting this! It's gonna be an awesome first Halloween for my little lady. Hope to see you there! :P

Thanks for posting this! It's gonna be an awesome first Halloween for my little lady. Hope to see you there! :P

I hope your little lady has a great time! I figured that with the bad news of the day and it being such a downer for NHL fans, this little tidbit might help. Feels good to post something positive for a change!

I will be there with my son Travis, who won the Eddie Olczyk Award this past March! We are both looking forward to another chance to kiss the cup!!

I hope your little lady has a great time! I figured that with the bad news of the day and it being such a downer for NHL fans, this little tidbit might help. Feels good to post something positive for a change!

I will be there with my son Travis, who won the Eddie Olczyk Award this past March! We are both looking forward to another chance to kiss the cup!!

I'm hoping she has a good time too! She's going in her little giraffe costume. :lol:

Anyone know what part of the school it's at? I was just over there and not a lot going on yet or any signs explaining it

Edit: no signs outside. Walk up to the door and there are a few things on the door and a line of people inside. Less insane than 2010.

There was a good crowd there, but nothing insane. I was in and out in less than 20 min after they started moving people through the line. Got to meet Q as well, and he complimented my Hjalmarsson jersey and said he rarely sees people with those. Good time, thanks for the heads up Medic.

Big thanks to Medic for posting this, it pretty much made my life! Too bad I didn't see anyone from the boards there, we didn't get to the school until about 8:30. Also, the lady taking pictures didn't get the whole Cup in, but oh well. Still worth it!

548910_10151124744984141_648371415_n.jpg

Wish I were, I have to work, and they won't even let me wear my totally awesome costume :(

My work let us wear costumes today. I just used it as an excuse to wear a jersey for once.

Also, here's my picture from the event:

183888_10151081285451682_140209946_n.jpg

We had a great time as well and got a few great pics with Q and Savvy. I will post pics tomorrow, once I find the cord to connect my camera to my laptop. I am off to bed now though, have to be at work at 6am.

G'Night Hawk fans!!

Big thanks to Medic for posting this, it pretty much made my life! Too bad I didn't see anyone from the boards there, we didn't get to the school until about 8:30. Also, the lady taking pictures didn't get the whole Cup in, but oh well. Still worth it!

548910_10151124744984141_648371415_n.jpg

CC - Great Pic! Looks like you've got this year's Xmas card pic already!

When we met Coach Q, I got the honor of shaking his hand. Man oh man, he certainly has a very strong handshake!! I thought he was gonna break my hand!!

Super great guy though and was glad to get a chance to meet him and Savvy and see the Cup AGAIN!