The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smokinmedic1

Carter Hutton

Despite a less than impressive record to start the season for the IceHogs, I must say that Carter Hutton has played amazing!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw him in a Blackhawks sweater sometime soon (depends if there is an NHL season at all).

Hutton has been very solid this season and I honestly believe he would give Crawford a run for his money! No need to worry about the Hawks needing a better goalie, he is right there in Rockford if we need him!!;)

Despite a less than impressive record to start the season for the IceHogs, I must say that Carter Hutton has played amazing!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw him in a Blackhawks sweater sometime soon (depends if there is an NHL season at all).

Hutton has been very solid this season and I honestly believe he would give Crawford a run for his money! No need to worry about the Hawks needing a better goalie, he is right there in Rockford if we need him!!;)

Richards is the backup... I thought it would be Simpson. Richards took a step back last year and I would imagine if he does so this year he will end up in Toledo and Simpson will become a Hog..

Where is Carruth ???

Richards is the backup... I thought it would be Simpson. Richards took a step back last year and I would imagine if he does so this year he will end up in Toledo and Simpson will become a Hog..

Where is Carruth ???

Mac "The Truth" Carruth was reassigned to his WHL team, the Portland Winterhawks. He's got off to a great start: 3-0, 1.00 GAA, 0.961 SV%.

Honestly, I think Hutton is the best and most developed in the pipeline, but I'll reserve judgement until his 2nd NHL season and teams have a book on him.

Mac "The Truth" Carruth was reassigned to his WHL team, the Portland Winterhawks. He's got off to a great start: 3-0, 1.00 GAA, 0.961 SV%.

He played the second half of the Hogs preseason game I went to, and I was quite impressed by his play. Also, those stats are just wow.

He played the second half of the Hogs preseason game I went to, and I was quite impressed by his play. Also, those stats are just wow.

Hutton may be the most NHL ready goalie in the system right now, but I'm looking forward to following Carruth's development and hopefully he can make the big club one day.

he's 26 and will be a UFA when and if next season comes...a la Bickell and Stalberg...if the NHL gets he age changed to 28...which would be nice...all three will goners for BIGGER BUCKS...

he's 26 and will be a UFA when and if next season comes...a la Bickell and Stalberg...if the NHL gets he age changed to 28...which would be nice...all three will goners for BIGGER BUCKS...

I really hope the UFA rules changes, not so much for Bickell but for Stalberg. Unless Bickell has a stellar season he can go, there's no reason one of Kruger, Smith, or Morin couldn't replace him on the third line (with Bolland and Shaw).

I really hope the UFA rules changes, not so much for Bickell but for Stalberg. Unless Bickell has a stellar season he can go, there's no reason one of Kruger, Smith, or Morin couldn't replace him on the third line (with Bolland and Shaw).

Morin has been putting up points... I would like to see that Buff trade begin to start paying off. Long term I think we win and perhaps win big on that one. By the way I miss buff too, and followed him since he was drafted and looked like the pilsbury dough boy..

Morin has been putting up points... I would like to see that Buff trade begin to start paying off. Long term I think we win and perhaps win big on that one. By the way I miss buff too, and followed him since he was drafted and looked like the pilsbury dough boy..

I don't think we're going to win on the Morin/Byfuglien trade, but this trade does have the possibility to bring us the best return for everything we lost during the purge of 2010. Right now all we have to show for it is Stalberg, but Morin is still a possibility as well as Clendening (he was the 2nd round pick from the Ladd deal).

I don't think we're going to win on the Morin/Byfuglien trade, but this trade does have the possibility to bring us the best return for everything we lost during the purge of 2010. Right now all we have to show for it is Stalberg, but Morin is still a possibility as well as Clendening (he was the 2nd round pick from the Ladd deal).

Morin, K Hayes, and Justin Holl... I feel good about that going forward.

Morin, K Hayes, and Justin Holl... I feel good about that going forward.

Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel and Aliu for Reasoner, Crabb, Morin, pick(Hayes) and pick(Holl)

Versteeg and Sweatt for Stalberg, DiDomenico and Paradis

Fraser for pick(Hoefflin)

Ladd for Vishnevskiy and pick(Clendening)

Reasoner for Taffe

so basically it's Big Buff and Ladder for Stalberg, Morin, Paradis, Hayes, Clendening and Holl...

Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel and Aliu for Reasoner, Crabb, Morin, pick(Hayes) and pick(Holl)

Versteeg and Sweatt for Stalberg, DiDomenico and Paradis

Fraser for pick(Hoefflin)

Ladd for Vishnevskiy and pick(Clendening)

Reasoner for Taffe

so basically it's Big Buff and Ladder for Stalberg, Morin, Paradis, Hayes, Clendening and Holl...

Stalberg, Didominco and Paradis were for Versteeg... I like Versteeg but also like how Stalberg has progressed. I don't think DiDominico will make the NHL and Paradis looks like he may be a bottom six guy.

Basically all we got for Ladd was Clendening.... that I don't like and didn't like at the time.

I still think going forward we will like Holl, K Hayes, and Morin for Buff..

Stalberg, Didominco and Paradis were for Versteeg... I like Versteeg but also like how Stalberg has progressed. I don't think DiDominico will make the NHL and Paradis looks like he may be a bottom six guy.

Basically all we got for Ladd was Clendening.... that I don't like and didn't like at the time.

I still think going forward we will like Holl, K Hayes, and Morin for Buff..

I kinda agree. But we don't need quantity. We need quality. And I just don't see it yet!!!

At best, those trades will always be nothing more than "salary dumps."

We haven't been able to replace Buff or Ladd since. Buff gave us that net presence and the occasional booming and timely hits like the one against Pronger that no team could counter. Ladd gave us the leadership and more size along with the heady, grinding, all-around, "no mistakes" play. We have missed both, especially Ladd, in the worst way.

Clendening will have to be an All-Star to possibly make up for that "salary dump."

Just from a talent perspective, those were brutal trades that, one could, with little trepidation, boast as keeping us from at least another ring over the past two seasons. It's hard to justify that. No, you can't justify that.

At best, those trades will always be nothing more than "salary dumps."

We haven't been able to replace Buff or Ladd since. Buff gave us that net presence and the occasional booming and timely hits like the one against Pronger that no team could counter. Ladd gave us the leadership and more size along with the heady, grinding, all-around, "no mistakes" play. We have missed both, especially Ladd, in the worst way.

Clendening will have to be an All-Star to possibly make up for that "salary dump."

Just from a talent perspective, those were brutal trades that, one could, with little trepidation, boast as keeping us from at least another ring over the past two seasons. It's hard to justify that. No, you can't justify that.

Those salary dumps needed to happen.

However, it doesn't matter; we won the cup.

I don't know if the attention is going to his head but Carter has been brutal lately. The Rivermen just beat them 5-4, Hutton let in some bad goals but the guys fought till the last second.

Richards blew it in his rare start last game, giving up 3 on 4 shots to start the third when it was 1-1 after 2.

I don't trust either goalie. Anyone know how Kent Simpson is doing in the echl? Maybe they should call him up.

Hutton has been on fire lately. His save % for the last 3 games are: .946, .944, and .968. All wins.

The guy seems extremely streaky. Its either he's lights out or he stinks. Not a lot of consistency.

The guy seems extremely streaky. Its either he's lights out or he stinks. Not a lot of consistency.

Yeah, Hutton's been pretty up and down this season. He start started strong with a save % of .925 in October but then he had a miserable November with a save % of .858 but he's bounced up again in the two games in December with a save % of .955. Overall he's a mediocre .904. Last year he did well with a save % of .917 over 43 games.

my theory on goalies has always been this...

...if the team infront of him believe in him, he will succeed...if their is no confidence in him then theirs trouble...Khabby over Huet, Niemi over Huet, Crawford over Turco...put the Blackhawks dcorp of Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Montador, Leddy, Brookbank, Rozsival and Olsen infront of him and watch what happens...of course he will have to resign as he's an upcoming UFA...

my theory on goalies has always been this...

...if the team infront of him believe in him, he will succeed...if their is no confidence in him then theirs trouble...Khabby over Huet, Niemi over Huet, Crawford over Turco...put the Blackhawks dcorp of Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Montador, Leddy, Brookbank, Rozsival and Olsen infront of him and watch what happens...of course he will have to resign as he's an upcoming UFA...

Not sure i get the gist of this. You are mentioning goalies that both succeeded and failed playing behind the same d corps. Not sure how none of this has to do with how good a goalie's abilities are. If that was the case, the Hawks could basically put anyone in net and they would do just fine. That just hasnt been the case the last few years so I dont get it.