Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuckProphet

Kane Signs With Swiss Team

80 posts in this topic

it's Kane thread (not lesser skilled player) , do you really think it would be better for him, if he skates on Sundays in Chicago or somewhere in Florida instead of playing regular lower league in Swiss ? : )

Again it depends on the strength of the league. If he is basically playing with players that have many levels below him, then it is a waste of his time as he is basically playing pick-up games with little to no skill needed. If the competition is tight, then there is a benefit. But still, running strong drills with a coach is far from a waste of time and skill. It tends to keep the body and mind fit, and maybe understand a thing or three better.

Again it depends on the strength of the league. If he is basically playing with players that have many levels below him, then it is a waste of his time as he is basically playing pick-up games with little to no skill needed. If the competition is tight, then there is a benefit. But still, running strong drills with a coach is far from a waste of time and skill. It tends to keep the body and mind fit, and maybe understand a thing or three better.

Kane just played five games in five days; I think his conditioning is fine.

Kane is not alone there, there are many north american elite playres with him in that leaugue.

Well, you are right maybe, KHL would be better, but no need to fly over Russia for my favorite Hawk.

probably (and fortunatelly finally) my last post about Kaner's season in Switzerland:

Swiss hockey fans (450K online votes) picked Kane as best NHL'er playing in NLA league thru lockout..

1.Patrick Kane

2.Seguin

3. Zetterberg

4.Tavares

5.Thorton

6. Brunner

7. Spezza

8. Bergeron

9. Streit

10. Nash

stats : GP 20 G13 A10 P 23 PIM 6 +/- -7 .... 4th league overall (well, Top 3 players are GP 29/35/35).

Looking forward to see him in Hawks red/white jersey again soon.

source (deutch)

http://www.20min.ch/...-Joker-28722254