The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuckProphet

Kane Signs With Swiss Team

Although I have no idea what the article said because it wasn't in English, I did hear last Monday that Kane was ready to sign somewhere in Europe. He delayed signing when the NHL came up with their offer on Tuesday. So, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he signed after Thursday and went to play over there.

He is playing in the charity game on Friday night.

Then he leaves for Switzerland on Sunday. According to Adam Jahns via Twitter, apparently Kane's agent confirmed.

Edit: Kane also confirmed via Twitter that he will join EHC Biel in the Swiss League.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/23/kane-joins-seguin-with-switzerlands-ehc-biel/

"Patrick Kane is off to Switzerland.

That’s the news out of Chicago on Tuesday as the ‘Hawks star has agreed to join Swiss league team EHC Biel on a lockout deal.

The news was made official on the Biel website, uniting Kane with Bruins forward Tyler Seguin, who signed for the Swiss club in late September.

The signing comes at a peculiar time. Last week, Kane told the Chicago Sun-Times he was holding off on signing overseas to “see what happens with the [CBA] negotiations.”

The 23-year-old was hopeful the NHL and NHLPA would come to an agreement regarding a new collective bargaining agreement, but appears to have done an about-face in light of stalled talks.

With Kane and Seguin in the lineup, Biel will rival other Swiss league clubs boasting dynamic (and locked-out) NHL duos — most notably HC Davos, currently employing San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton and New York Rangers winger Rick Nash."

I can bet you that Toews and Sharpie will be next in line to go across the pond, probably sometime next week, if talks don't get moving.

did anybody understand the german article?

want a translation?

this article is from the teams managemnt so I guess it´s official then.

he signed a contact til the end of the season/lockout and is privately financed. he was signed to replace the injured Ahren Spylo (I guess he can live up to that task)

his weaknesses are described as such:

"Patrick Kane has trouble in the "infight" with big strong d-men, his physical disadvantages led (too) often to injuries. His play without the puck has noticeable deficits. He does not always take his defensive duties seriously. Off the ice he`s also not what you would call a role model."

Pretty harsh.

want a translation?

he signed a contact til the end of the season/lockout and is privately financed. he was signed to replace the injured Ahren Spylo (I guess he can live up to that task)

"Patrick Kane has trouble in the "infight" with big strong d-men, his physical disadvantages led (too) often to injuries. His play without the puck has noticeable deficits. He does not always take his defensive duties seriously. Off the ice he`s also not what you would call a role model."

Pretty harsh.

Harsh...um...yeah, but they also obviously see how sick he is with the puck on his stick and his offensive abilities, otherwise they wouldn't have signed him.

Kaner has never been a defensive forward, he is a classic goal scorer. With what I have seen of the Euro Leagues, Kaner should do fine there, as there doesn't seem to be nearly as much physicality to their game as there is in the NHL.

Harsh...um...yeah, but they also obviously see how sick he is with the puck on his stick and his offensive abilities, otherwise they wouldn't have signed him.

Kaner has never been a defensive forward, he is a classic goal scorer. With what I have seen of the Euro Leagues, Kaner should do fine there, as there doesn't seem to be nearly as much physicality to their game as there is in the NHL.

If Kaner doesn`t rock this league then he`s probably drunk. He should really blossom there, european leagues should suit him even more than the NHL.

This club is getting one the best offensive playmakers of the NHL, they should be happy to get a player like him, even John Scott would be an upgrade for that team (he wouldn`t but you get my drift).

Kaner will be by far the best player this team has ever seen.

Stalberg is in Sweden, and Roszival and Frolik are also playing overseas.

I believe that Toews and Sharp will be the next to go "across the pond" unless talks get moving very soon.

want a translation?

Pretty harsh.

they pay defense in Euro?

If Kaner doesn`t rock this league then he`s probably drunk. He should really blossom there, european leagues should suit him even more than the NHL.

This club is getting one the best offensive playmakers of the NHL, they should be happy to get a player like him, even John Scott would be an upgrade for that team (he wouldn`t but you get my drift).

What about that other guy....? Tyler Seguin?

This. They don't hit in euro-hockey so his skills will really shine. This is good for the hawks. He has a very low chance of getting injured and it will keep him occupied.

"#Blackhawks wing Patrick Kane joked about taking a two hour train ride to Paris and having some "romantic nights" while playing in Europe."

hahahahahahaa

This news does not surprise me at all really kinda surprised that Toews has not signed first.

Say hi to Huet for us, Kane.

I forgot Huet was overthere but they will be playing in different leagues Kane will be playing in national league A and Huet is in national league B.

I don't care anymore. There won't be a hockey season this year. I'm just depressed, if you can't tell. I hope Kane doesn't get injured, nor do any of the other Hawks, in the event that the lockout ever ends, whenever that might be.

I don't care anymore. There won't be a hockey season this year. I'm just depressed, if you can't tell. I hope Kane doesn't get injured, nor do any of the other Hawks, in the event that the lockout ever ends, whenever that might be.

It is very depressing. Thinking about the lockout takes a lot out of me.

It is very depressing. Thinking about the lockout takes a lot out of me.

Me too, that's why I try not to think about NHL hockey right now. I follow the AHL, CHL, and BCHL and it's been good.