Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HawkeyLife07

Post Awesome Hawks Highlights Here

23 posts in this topic

Well, have to find a way to fuel my desire for (hawk)ey. So I'll get it started:

Everyone post your favourite highlights!

Excellent topic! We need some positivity right now.

It will take something pretty big to beat this highlight:

Here's another one just for fun....

Although not a Hawks highlight, nothing warms my heart more than seeing a true bully get his azz kicked!!!

This is the best video clip ever! I was trash talking with a Canucks fan and this was the best anti-Blckhawks argument they could muster:

Frolik_Navidad.jpg

This:

Followed by this:

Even thought they didn't officially win the Cup on this game, I think this is where they essentially won it. I was sitting at the bar at Chili's in Gurnee (had gone to Great America with a friend and convinced him to leave so we could watch the game) and went nuts when this happened. Pretty sure I scared a few people.

Here's one of my all time favorites! I especially love the look on Av and Gillis faces, along with the look down the Vancouver bench! But the absolute best part is the total look of defeat on Luoungo's face!! Hahaha!!:lol:

This is the best video clip ever! I was trash talking with a Canucks fan and this was the best anti-Blckhawks argument they could muster:

Frolik_Navidad.jpg

I don`t know why but Patrick Sharp snapping and Michael Frolik singing cracks me up every single time, can`t help it.

Hard to beat this one...

Great call Niemi. I watch this still to remind me of how it was.

This goal got me excited about Blackhawks hockey again.

The 06-07 season showed so much promise...then everyone got hurt.

This goal got me excited about Blackhawks hockey again.

The 06-07 season showed so much promise...then everyone got hurt.

Man, Marty Havlat was really a rose growing on a dunghill.

But I absolutely agree, that season started so promising and then Handzus and Havlat were gone and so were the mild expectations.

^^Havlat was awesome and great for moments like that. My favorite moment of his was probably round one game one against the Flames in the 09 playoffs. First time in several years the Hawks had made the playoffs, and game one goes to OT. Everyone seemed to be getting ready for a long OT, but Havlat ends it only seconds into OT.

Another good one was game 2 against Phoenix in the 2012 playoffs. With time quickly running out, and the Coyotes up a goal, it seemed like a certain victory for them. However, Sharp had some other plans, much to the displeasure of Dave Tippet as seen at 0:36.

^^Havlat was awesome and great for moments like that. My favorite moment of his was probably round one game one against the Flames in the 09 playoffs. First time in several years the Hawks had made the playoffs, and game one goes to OT. Everyone seemed to be getting ready for a long OT, but Havlat ends it only seconds into OT.

Another good one was game 2 against Phoenix in the 2012 playoffs. With time quickly running out, and the Coyotes up a goal, it seemed like a certain victory for them. However, Sharp had some other plans, much to the displeasure of Dave Tippet as seen at 0:36.

watching these highlights makes you realize that you really do miss the game.

that was a crazy series, so many ot`s , I was really working on my stomach ulcer, too bad we`ve lost that damn series being the better team by a mile.

One of my favorite Blackhawks goals is Ladd's OT winner in the 2009 Playoffs vs the Canucks. I love deflection goals and this one was sweet for many reasons. I distinctly remember coming home late that night from work having missed regulation game time but got home just in time for overtime.

And of course, Ladd tagging Kesler real good in the eye is one of the best Blackhawk fights of recent years in my book.

When Ladd points to his eye, some were saying he was taunting Kesler but one could also argue that Ladd was showing sportsmanship to tell Kesler that his eye was cut.

Here's a classic Classic video where Seabrook plows Cleary into the bench:

Although he has been one of the more effective 3rd liners in the league the past several years, I never really liked Cleary much and loved this hit Seabrook laid on him. From what I can remember when the Hawks drafted Cleary #1 in the 1990's he was touted as one of the most skilled players in his draft class but I read back then that he felt that he could make it to the NHL on skill alone. He may have had a slight attitude problem back then (at least cockiness and maybe sense of entitlement). Being in the AHL and a role player humbled him which helped him recalibrate his career to become the effective player he has been with the Wings.

Of course, this thread wouldn't be complete without the huge hit by big Buff on Pronger the night the Hawks won the CUP!!!

This game was really when I KNEW that the Hawks were relevant again in the NHL and a real threat to go far in the playoffs! A hat trick of shorthanded goals!! Wow!!

Here's a classic Classic video where Seabrook plows Cleary into the bench:

Although he has been one of the more effective 3rd liners in the league the past several years, I never really liked Cleary much and loved this hit Seabrook laid on him. From what I can remember when the Hawks drafted Cleary #1 in the 1990's he was touted as one of the most skilled players in his draft class but I read back then that he felt that he could make it to the NHL on skill alone. He may have had a slight attitude problem back then (at least cockiness and maybe sense of entitlement). Being in the AHL and a role player humbled him which helped him recalibrate his career to become the effective player he has been with the Wings.

The scary part is the fact that he was a Blackhawks product before was traded to EDM for Boris Mironov.