SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Blackhawks Apps Blackhawks Facebook Blackhawks on Twitter Blackhawks Newsletter Blackhawks Mobile Blackhawks Blog Blackhawks Pinterest
Message Boards

Icehogs Vs Ads Preseason Photos

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Deveraux261

Deveraux261

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

I cover the 'Hogs for a local media outlet in Rockford, so I'll post a few images from the 'Hogs vs. Ads preseason game from 10/4/12. For some reason, I can't put the IceHogs name in the title as it should be, the board removes the capital H in IceHogs.

1. Kruger's one-timer
Posted Image

2. Brookbank fight
Posted Image

3. Leddy
Posted Image

The rest of the gallery is right here.

Edited by Deveraux261, 05 October 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Rockford IceHogs photos available on my website, www.reicherstudios.com/Sports/HockeyPhotos

#2 Smokinmedic1

Smokinmedic1

Perennial All Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Great pics!

Please keep us posted here as to how the IceHogs season is going...especially during the lockout. I, for one, really enjoy the game pics and a description of the game.

I was at that game last night, it was great!! Free admission, and I got to sit 1 row off the glass at center ice with no problem! I especially loved watching Bollig and Brookbank refuse to let the Ads push them around, and dropped the gloves to take care of business!
It was great to watch some of the Hawks up and coming stars go out and strut their stuff! I really hope the IceHogs have an awesome season this year!

I live an hour and a half drive from Rockford, but will try to get to as many games as my work schedule will allow. Please keep us posted on how they are doing. I am sure we all love to hear how the guys that are playing are doing.

Thanks!  GOO ICEHOGS!!!!

WHAT YOU DO IS IMPORTANT...HOW YOU DO IT IS PIVOTAL!!

#3 Deveraux261

Deveraux261

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostSmokinmedic1, on 05 October 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Great pics!

Please keep us posted here as to how the IceHogs season is going...especially during the lockout. I, for one, really enjoy the game pics and a description of the game.

I was at that game last night, it was great!! Free admission, and I got to sit 1 row off the glass at center ice with no problem! I especially loved watching Bollig and Brookbank refuse to let the Ads push them around, and dropped the gloves to take care of business!
It was great to watch some of the Hawks up and coming stars go out and strut their stuff! I really hope the IceHogs have an awesome season this year!

I live an hour and a half drive from Rockford, but will try to get to as many games as my work schedule will allow. Please keep us posted on how they are doing. I am sure we all love to hear how the guys that are playing are doing.

Thanks!  GOO ICEHOGS!!!!

Thanks for the compliments! I'll do my best to keep an eye on the talent, although it is hard sometimes when shooting the game. I'll tend to shift my focus around in a game from following the puck, to following a certain player. Some games I only shoot for a period and I'll watch the rest of the game, so on those occasions I can deliver a little bit more information. Hopefully others from the board, like Princess, will be able to give accurate reports on players as well.

I agree on watching Bollig and Brookbank drop the mitts. I didn't have a great view of the Bollig fight, but had a bird's eye for the Brookbank one.

One thing that really impressed me was how Leddy has matured and really become a puck-moving defenseman. Especially on the one instance where he took the puck from the 'Hogs D-zone and he flew past the entire Ads team and got a 1-on-1 with the goaltender. Kruger looked very comfortable on the ice as well. I'll be anxious to see Saad take the ice, too.
Rockford IceHogs photos available on my website, www.reicherstudios.com/Sports/HockeyPhotos

#4 HawkeyLife07

HawkeyLife07

Perennial All Star

• 2,546 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Wow great shots! Real talented man, must be so proud of your work.

Weird seeing our boys playing there that's for sure.
"Do you think a guy that plays like this can hold his own in a room full of women?"
"Can he?"
"Let's all be friends and find out..Group Shot".

#5 Deveraux261

Deveraux261

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostHawkeyLife07, on 08 October 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Wow great shots! Real talented man, must be so proud of your work.

Weird seeing our boys playing there that's for sure.

Thank you very much! It's taken some time to get the timing down and learning what to anticipate, but it's all been worth it.

It certainly is different seeing some of the 'higher ups' playing here. I'll probably post images from every game, and just create a new thread for each game.

Thanks again for the compliment, and hopefully everyone on the board will get to enjoy looking at the photos as much as I enjoy taking them!

#6 HawkeyLife07

HawkeyLife07

Perennial All Star

• 2,546 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostDeveraux261, on 08 October 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Thank you very much! It's taken some time to get the timing down and learning what to anticipate, but it's all been worth it.

It certainly is different seeing some of the 'higher ups' playing here. I'll probably post images from every game, and just create a new thread for each game.

Thanks again for the compliment, and hopefully everyone on the board will get to enjoy looking at the photos as much as I enjoy taking them!

Haha I got excited when I got a picture of Turco stretching during warm-up on my iPhone, so I really enjoy these ones  :lol:
"Do you think a guy that plays like this can hold his own in a room full of women?"
"Can he?"
"Let's all be friends and find out..Group Shot".

#7 Luxornv

Luxornv

All Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

You have some really sharp pictures there, what camera are you using? Right now, all I have is a Canon Powershot SX120 IS; a point and shoot that happens to have manual operation. It's a great camera, but has problems shooting indoors, especially arenas due to the low light. Looking to upgrade, and it would be nice to get some input from someone doing the same kind of photography I would be doing.

#8 Deveraux261

Deveraux261

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well, I have some high-end gear as I shoot professionally, so cost is certainly a factor here. My camera body I am currently using is a Canon 1Dx and the lenses I use are either the Canon 300mm 2.8 IS mark 2 or the Canon 70-200 2.9 IS mark 2. It really comes down to how much you are willing to spend and how often you will be using the gear. If you are interested in upgrading to some DSLR gear, send me a PM and we can talk tech if you would like.