Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarthKane

Mark Mcneill

55 posts in this topic

The pro game is different. It's like your playing against the Allstate team from juniors.

It's tough to make the jump. Most don't make it.

That's why I always get a good laugh out of Hawks fans. For some reason. Hawks fans more than most. Think that every first rounder is the real deal. Or every draft pick is.

And years later. The same people say the same things about the new draftees. But won't own up to what they said two to three years ago.

Let em develop. If they don't. Oh well. Only about 1 out of 8 amateur players make it to the show. I find hard to believe that the Hawks have like 5-6 sure fire NHLers waiting for a spot.

Then they get called up. And they aren't as advertised!!!

Very true. If you go by what fans think, Stan would have trade about half the team to make room for all our great propsects. And you're right, the reality is not many will make it to hte NHL as regulars. This is even more true when you don't pick very high.

seen them both last night at the bmo center......each of them were playing on

the wing to start the game.....danualt did play center a couple of shifts.....and

it appeared to be a good first game for both........nothing spectacular but just

good basic hockey......

mike

If you get picked in the first or second round , they'll look after you, i give credit to late picks who make it, Bollig,Shaw, Stalberg,brookbank, you got to bust your ......... Versteeg,brouwer,Buff, the beat the odds, add Fraser too, 2SC.

they have 6 centers on Rockford's roster. they don't need them both there. Sauve is also a center, but has played LW in the past.

Danault has also played LW before. he is probably betetr suited as a C though to take advantge of his skating and faceoffs.

Mc neil , based on junior stats, projects as a 3rd line guy, not a top 6.

one of writers on hockeybuzz (not JJ) said his skating is still an issue

they have 6 centers on Rockford's roster. they don't need them both there. Sauve is also a center, but has played LW in the past.

Danault has also played LW before. he is probably betetr suited as a C though to take advantge of his skating and faceoffs.

Mc neil , based on junior stats, projects as a 3rd line guy, not a top 6.

one of writers on hockeybuzz (not JJ) said his skating is still an issue

I thought the Hawks had someone that works with young guys on skating. Now that McNeill is at Rockford, maybe he'll get some help.