Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MusicChief1212

Projected Icehogs Lineup

33 posts in this topic

Last year of his ELC so even if he doesn't light it up this year the hawks could get him on the cheap. If he could be a useful grinder with his hands on the bottom six he won't be a total loss.

4 goals, 6 points and 14 PIM in 8 games and he leads the team with +4. I sure hope he finally got his head sorted out. Can anyone tell us how he's playing?

I was interested to see how the Kruger/Pirri tandem played out, and so far Pirri is maybe making a statement about how the pecking order should be. Also, looks like Beach is finding his game, I'm really pulling for him to pull off that miracle that will see him still somewhat relevent to the Hawk brass.

It's too bad, but last lockout I at least had the Oilers Roadrunners minor league club to watch up here, but not this time. No live Icehogs in my future.

Beach has been playing very well. Not only is he producing offensively but he's staying out of the penalty box too (when most of his teammates aren't). I'll admit that I haven't been expecting much from Beach but I'll be happy if he proves me wrong.

I was interested to see how the Kruger/Pirri tandem played out, and so far Pirri is maybe making a statement about how the pecking order should be. Also, looks like Beach is finding his game, I'm really pulling for him to pull off that miracle that will see him still somewhat relevent to the Hawk brass.

It's too bad, but last lockout I at least had the Oilers Roadrunners minor league club to watch up here, but not this time. No live Icehogs in my future.

Dont put too much stock into how the performance comparison between Pirri & Kruger affects the depth chart. Pirri has been far & away the better player for going on 3 straight years now - but for the last 2 years Kruger has gotten the call. Last night specifically, but in a general sense as well, Pirri was dominant in the face off circle. He must have taken 20-25 draws, and i only recorded him losing 4 of them.

Beach started the season of S-L-O-W, but has been on fire lately. Friday night he had 2 goals, and last night he had 1 goal & 2 assists - giving him 5 pts in his last 2 games. His play really has mirrored his production too. He seemed out-of-sync & ineffective the first 6 games or so, but has been getting the puck to the net, moving w/ speed through the neutral zone, and getting under the opposition's skin. Last night he also drew 2 penalties against Lake Erie - and i think they both resulted in Rockford goals.

Morin has put up decent numbers - but most shifts he is more of a line killer than anything else. Granted, his goal last night was very skillful & encouraging, but so far this season, more times than not, he is fumbling the puck in the neutral zone, losing puck battles, not coralling decent passes, and missing the net on his shots. If he gets it figured out, we'll spend more time in the offensive zone as a team and have much more success.

I was very entertained by Shaw's antics last night - but he'll probably be suspended 3-5 games for it.

On the back end, Stanton has been a rock. Given the state of the Blackhawks D for the last 2 years, it would be a crime if he isnt, at least, given a a good 10-20 game look at some point. Clendening has been good as well.

I didn't want to start a new thread just for this but how have our new prospects been looking? I'm really meaning prospects like Saad, Clendenning, Dahlbeck etc. and omitting guys like Shaw, Kruger, Hayes etc. (I know they haven't played many games yet).

tackleberry, you mentioned Stanton and I'm curious about him. Does he have some NHL ability? I've read good things about him but I don't think I ever see him mentioned as far as the Hawks are concerned, not even as a possible #7 d-man. Maybe in the future?

I've watched most of the Hogs games this year and a lot of the guys expected to produce have had slow starts but they are now 5-1 in their last 6.

Did look to good last night going into the 3rd down 3-1 but after the crazy finish to the 2nd in which Shaw and W. Brookbank were ejected for leaving the bench they exploded with 5 goals in the 3rd.

The Monsters goon Bordeleau who's 6'6" 239lbs took a few jabs at Pirri after the whistle and there was a big scrum behind the net. It was awesome to see Morin get in his face but not much happened because of the linesmen. But as their goon was being pulled away he sucker punched Olsen a few times and kept going after he dropped and covered his face, all you see after that was Shaw flying off the bench at the bottom of the screen and tackled Bordeleau then got in front of him and started with the fists of furry.

Hutton has been solid but not in the 2nd of back to backs, which is expected especially early in the season, they should play Richards in one of the games. He did play all 3gms last weekend and went 3-0, 2nd game gave up 5 goals but they won, then in the 3rd game was solid in a 3-1 win, I think he faced 28 shots. I like Huts all around game though, smart goalie with decent size and a calm QB back there. If hes this good working with young D he should be better with NHL dmen.

Stanton is a big solid Dman and he's been their best pk guy but needs to work on his acceleration, when he has to stop and start he sometimes gets beat wide and has taken some bad penalties beause of it. But he's rarely out of position and reads the play well.

The forwards had a slow start with the exception of a few like Pirri and Kruger, but in the last 6 they've scored 25 goals.

Hayes has impressed me, especially since his 2 goal night. His reach, size, shot and hands are hard for other teams to contain.

Beach has finally caught up to the game, really looked slow and lost to start the year, but lately he's been making smart plays, looks lighter on his feet and playing hard which is driving the other team crazy and he drew 2 penalties because of it in the 6-3 come back win. Never retaliated, just took it and smiled.

Pirri does seem like he is playing better than Kruger is. I haven't seen any games yet so I don't know the overall game of the two, just the what it says on the score sheet. Does anybody care to do a comparison between the two players, that has seen some Icehogs games this year?

Kyle Beach is named player of the week, now there's the reward for fine play and good motivation to keep Hawks brass paying attention. Let's hope he can keep this up.