Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MusicChief1212

Projected Icehogs Lineup

33 posts in this topic

Since the NHL has been locked out with no new information on when it will end I have been turning my attention more towards the Icehogs, which isn't hard because I am from the area. I am making 2 assumptions: Both Saad and Mcneill are not eligible to play. If they are please correct me.

My Projected Line up:

Forwards

Shaw - Kruger - Smith

Morin - St. Pierre - Hayes

Beach - Pirri - Bollig

Paradis - Leblanc - Flick

Defense

Leddy - Olsen

Clendenning - Stanton

Lavin - Lalonde

It is really hard to tell who will be where with the forwards. The Icehogs now have 4 great centers to work with.

I put Kruger on top with Shaw because of their amount of NHL experience and paired them with Smith because I think all of them together would have great team chemistry.

This is just a guess, I haven't seen a couple of these guys play yet as I am away at college.

Since the NHL has been locked out with no new information on when it will end I have been turning my attention more towards the Icehogs, which isn't hard because I am from the area. I am making 2 assumptions: Both Saad and Mcneill are not eligible to play. If they are please correct me.

My Projected Line up:

Forwards

Shaw - Kruger - Smith

Beach - Pirri - Bollig

Defense

Leddy - Olsen

Clendenning - Stanton

Lavin - Lalonde

It is really hard to tell who will be where with the forwards. The Icehogs now have 4 great centers to work with.

I put Kruger on top with Shaw because of their amount of NHL experience and paired them with Smith because I think all of them together would have great team chemistry.

This is just a guess, I haven't seen a couple of these guys play yet as I am away at college.

I think Saad is eligible to start in Rockford, but your're right about McNeill. I'd do the lines something like this:

Saad - Pirri - Smith

Shaw - Kruger - J Hayes

Beach - St. Pierre - Morin

Bollig - LeBlanc - Flick

Paradis

Leddy - Olsen

Stanton - Lalonde

Lavin - Clendening

Dahlbeck

Hutton

Simpson (just a hunch)

I think Saad is eligible to start in Rockford, but your're right about McNeill. I'd do the lines something like this:

Saad - Pirri - Smith

Shaw - Kruger - J Hayes

Beach - St. Pierre - Morin

Bollig - LeBlanc - Flick

Paradis

Leddy - Olsen

Stanton - Lalonde

Lavin - Clendening

Dahlbeck

Hutton

Simpson (just a hunch)

I do like Pirri up on the top line. I hesitated putting Kruger on top line and originally had Pirri on my second line but switched him with St. Pierre last second.

I do like your line up and Saad is on the Training Camp roster so I think you're right.

I can't believe I forgot to include the goalies.

I think it will be definitely Hutton on top and a very close one between Richards and Simpson, but I am going with Simpson in the end. Although I think both will see a some games as back up.

Hutton

Simpson

hehe ... the visage of scab AHL is peeking out from behind the curtains.... Talk about some granite ball Here I was chirping the NHLPA not to let the 2 way guys play and in a high horse"love of the game" idea it got turned against them

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/01/two-us-senators-call-for-an-end-to-nhl-lockout/#/2012/10/02/on-the-subject-of-replacement-players/

I do like Pirri up on the top line. I hesitated putting Kruger on top line and originally had Pirri on my second line but switched him with St. Pierre last second.

I do like your line up and Saad is on the Training Camp roster so I think you're right.

I think it will be definitely Hutton on top and a very close one between Richards and Simpson, but I am going with Simpson in the end. Although I think both will see a some games as back up.

Hutton

Simpson

The IceHogs are coming out with a new mobile site soon, hopefully before the start of the regular season. It will be much easier to follow the team now. Some other AHL clubs have actual apps, but I don't think Rockford is doing that now, I think they're sticking with the mobile web site, which works well too.

Shaw - Kruger - Smith

Beach - Pirri - Bollig

I'd rather have Beach-Pirri-Morin play together because I think they've played together before - plus I think Morin was playing RW last season (not sure - could be wrong). I think Saad will be in the lineup and I think Flick plays center - so this would be my opening forward lineup:

Beach-Pirri-Morin

Saad-Kruger-Shaw

Smith-St.Pierre-Hayes

Paradis-Flick-Bollig

I'd rather have Beach-Pirri-Morin play together because I think they've played together before - plus I think Morin was playing RW last season (not sure - could be wrong). I think Saad will be in the lineup and I think Flick plays center - so this would be my opening forward lineup:

Beach-Pirri-Morin

Saad-Kruger-Shaw

Smith-St.Pierre-Hayes

Paradis-Flick-Bollig

That's a good line up too. I like Saad, Kruger and Shaw playing together. When the NHL finally resumes all 3 will likely make the big club and 2 of them could be playing together at one point or another.

The home preseason game had the following lineup at the start:

Pirri, Smith, Shaw

Leblanc, Hayes, St. Pierre

Bollig, Froese, Kruger

Paradis, Brookbank, DeSousa

If I recall, the backend was:

Leddy, Lalonde

Lavin, Lebda

Clendening, Youds

Hutton started, Carruth came in midway through second.

Shaw and Kruger scored for Rockford (although the 'Hogs website is crediting Smith for the goal. Call at the game was for Shaw, so it may have been changed.)

Pirri, Smith, Shaw

Bollig, Froese, Kruger

Leddy, Lalonde

Lavin, Lebda

Clendening, Youds

Shaw and Kruger scored for Rockford (although the 'Hogs website is crediting Smith for the goal. Call at the game was for Shaw, so it may have been changed.)

It was a great game, wasn't it? I especially liked seeing Bollig and Wade Brookbank drop the gloves and take care of business!!

It was a great game, wasn't it? I especially liked seeing Bollig and Wade Brookbank drop the gloves and take care of business!!

Yeah, certainly was! I was shooting the game, so I didn't catch all of the action, but I got some good shots of the Brookbank fight. I'm going to post them in Media thread, but here's a link to the gallery: Click Here

Here are my pictures http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/bhawksprncss19/IceHogs%20vs%20Admirals%2010-4-12/?start=all

as well as a few videos that I took, fights included :D

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/bhawksprncss19/IceHogs%20vs%20Admirals%2010-4-12/?action=view&current=DSCN1163.mp4

Pirri, Smith, Shaw

Bollig, Froese, Kruger

Leddy, Lalonde

Lavin, Lebda

Clendening, Youds

So Saad, Beach and Morin didn't dress? Hopefully just preseason lineup shuffling and not indicative of problems.

So Saad, Beach and Morin didn't dress? Hopefully just preseason lineup shuffling and not indicative of problems.

Those guys played a few nights earlier in a game against the Wolves, which they lost 6-1. It is my guess that they have 2 squads and will rotate during the preseason.

Hutton

Simpson

Actually, I think Hutton will be the #1 goalie in Rockford this year. Mac Carruth played really well Thursday night also, so I am not sure who they will go with as the back up.

Ice Hogs have assigned Mac Carruth to the Portland Winterhawks and Kent Simpson to the Toledo Walleyes. So, they will be starting the season with Hutton and Richards. That, of course, could change as the season progresses as Richards does not seem to have developed sufficiently during his professional tenure.

http://www.icehogs.com/news/icehogs/?article_id=3494

Also, Saad scored a goal last night so I presume Morin and Beach were also back on the ice.

http://www.icehogs.com/news/icehogs/?article_id=3493

With players getting cut and 1 line in particular working really well in the last pre-season game, this is how I think the lines might look like to start the regular season.

Saad - Kruger - Hayes

Morin - Pirri - Shaw

Beach - St. Pierre - Smith

Bollig - LeBlanc - Paradis

Lalonde - Leddy

Olsen - Clendening

Stanton - Youds

Lavin

Lebda

Hutton

Richards

I haven't been able to see any games because I am away at college so my guesses on the line chemistry may be off, but if the Icehogs went into the season with this line up I think we would definitely make it to the playoffs.

Does anyone know who the captain and assistant captains are this year? I know Smith wears an A, but not sure about the C and other A's.

Does anyone know who the captain and assistant captains are this year? I know Smith wears an A, but not sure about the C and other A's.

As far as I know they haven't named a captain yet. Smith, Stanton and St. Pierre wore "A's" over the first 2 games.

Not sure if it warrants its own thread, but what's up with Brandon Saad? From the stat sheet it looks like he's only played 3 games, and those were the first 3 of the season, I believe. Injured? Playing somewhere else?

Not sure if it warrants its own thread, but what's up with Brandon Saad? From the stat sheet it looks like he's only played 3 games, and those were the first 3 of the season, I believe. Injured? Playing somewhere else?

Mike Peck said before one of the games this week (I think it was the road game in Grand Rapids) that Saad was injured and will be out another 1, maybe 2 weeks. Leddy was also banged up and expected to only miss a game or two.

It's nice to see Kruger, Pirri and Morin get off to a strong start. Kruger will make Chicago when the lockout ends but it would be nice to see Pirri or Morin make it too.

I know there is a logjam on the blueline but it was nice to see LaLonde pick up a couple of assists in a game over the weekend. Beach also potted his first goal...

I know there is a logjam on the blueline but it was nice to see LaLonde pick up a couple of assists in a game over the weekend. Beach also potted his first goal...

After a slow start the IceHogs seem to have found their game and reeled off 4 consecutive wins. I agree that it's nice to see LaLonde pick up his game too, you can never have too many quality defensive prospects. But he's still realistically 2-3 years away from full time NHL duty.

Like I said before, Kruger and Shaw will get a regular NHL roster spot when the league resumes. But I will be really interested to see who steps up and can make the jump. I can't see the Hawks holding on to Beach much longer, if he doesn't turn himself around this year I could see him being dealt in the summer. Morin and Pirri have show to be quality AHLer and I hope they can make the jump soon. Smith's new two year contract is a two-way deal this season, but next year it's a one way deal. To start the 2013/2014 season I would expect at least Bickell and Mayers to gone and Hayes is still a big question mark for me. I could see Smith and Morin fitting into the bottom 6 very well once Bickell and Mayers (and likely Frolik) are gone.

After a slow start the IceHogs seem to have found their game and reeled off 4 consecutive wins. I agree that it's nice to see LaLonde pick up his game too, you can never have too many quality defensive prospects. But he's still realistically 2-3 years away from full time NHL duty.

Like I said before, Kruger and Shaw will get a regular NHL roster spot when the league resumes. But I will be really interested to see who steps up and can make the jump. I can't see the Hawks holding on to Beach much longer, if he doesn't turn himself around this year I could see him being dealt in the summer. Morin and Pirri have show to be quality AHLer and I hope they can make the jump soon. Smith's new two year contract is a two-way deal this season, but next year it's a one way deal. To start the 2013/2014 season I would expect at least Bickell and Mayers to gone and Hayes is still a big question mark for me. I could see Smith and Morin fitting into the bottom 6 very well once Bickell and Mayers (and likely Frolik) are gone.

Last year of his ELC so even if he doesn't light it up this year the hawks could get him on the cheap. If he could be a useful grinder with his hands on the bottom six he won't be a total loss.

I was interested to see how the Kruger/Pirri tandem played out, and so far Pirri is maybe making a statement about how the pecking order should be. Also, looks like Beach is finding his game, I'm really pulling for him to pull off that miracle that will see him still somewhat relevent to the Hawk brass.

It's too bad, but last lockout I at least had the Oilers Roadrunners minor league club to watch up here, but not this time. No live Icehogs in my future.