Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DKeith2

Bears 2012-13 Season Thread

253 posts in this topic

I thought Steal or Bob might start this thread, but since we're halfway through Game 1 what the heck...

Cutler is certainly lighting it up, but the Bear D looks pretty dawn awful especially against the run.

2nd half on the way GO BEARS!!!

Defense looked the same it has for the past 3 years; bend don't break. The defense gave up only 14 points.

It's points allowed that matters.

DK...I was about to start a thread a FEW times and got side-tracked.

rob....you're right as usual,the D did what they had to do and had FIVE take-aways.

'Big Boy' offense,'Super-Bowl' quality offense,explosive,productive or well balanced,call it what you want. To me it means the D won't be on the field all day and will no longer have to hold an opponent under 20 points to win a game! It may allow them to take more chances,it may allow a few more blitzes and it DID allow Urlacher to take the 2nd half off.

I realize the Colts are a returning 2-14 team and I know we beat a QB in his rookie debut but I also think the Bears can tighten-up a few things and will have to Thursday night to beat the packers. I almost spit-up a little Bourbon a few times when I saw how much time Cutler had back there,(IF)that continues he'll absolutely shred opposing defenses this year.

Hats off to the SF kicker for tie-ing the NFL record! I'd like to see Robbie Gould get a chance at it this year also,the ball looks like a 30-06 when it came off his foot yesterday and he might be the team MVP the last few seasons.

GO BEARS!!!!!!

Bears 34 Packers 28

Bears O did not disappoint.

After an terrible start, they really did turn it on and dominated albeit bad Indi team.

Exactly what other posters have said, the Defense was about exactly what I expected... good but not great.

The D line got some pressure, and when you get 5 takeaways.. your chances of winning are gonna skyrocket.

Overall great game. Now get some rest we have a quick turn around for Thursdays game.

Bear Down!

Defense looked the same it has for the past 3 years; bend don't break. The defense gave up only 14 points.

It's points allowed that matters.

Like I said nice win but the D better be a whole lot better against Rodgers and the pack or were gonna have a shootout. I was particularly troubled by Lovie's admission that 54 would not have been able to practice today if they had practiced. Same for Peanut.

Like I said nice win but the D better be a whole lot better against Rodgers and the pack or were gonna have a shootout. I was particularly troubled by Lovie's admission that 54 would not have been able to practice today if they had practiced. Same for Peanut.

You are going to be troubled for the entire season; 54 will have limited practice all season; especially the first practice after a game.

I understand what you are saying Rob but the fact is Aaron Rodgers is not Andrew Luck. He wont throw 3 picks to Urlacher and Tillmans replacements. I understand that 54 is going to have a long season if he makes it all the way to the end and I hope he can. My point is that the Packers are going to be angry about losing at home, and I hope the Bears do not put to much stock in what they did to a rookie QB in his first real game. That being said yes the Bears D looked pretty much like it has the last 3 yrs against last years worst team. I hope they look the same against what was one of last seasons best teams at least offensively speaking that is. If they can hold Green Bay to 21 or less then I think the Bears have an excellent chance of winning because Green Bays D will certainly be a beatable opponent for our new look "BIG BOY" offense.

GO BEARS!!

The Big Boy offense came to play. I wasn't too excited about the Rodriguez kid making the roster, but he had some really nice blocks to open up stuff for Forte. Marshall is the elite receiver this team hasn't had since well Gault & McKinnon. I really thought the best play of the game was Cutler to Jeffrey for 45 yards in the 4th. That was a serious dagger and a perfect throw by Jay.

The defense looked well bad...Jennings bailed them how how many times. The run D looked pretty darn bad. There's no pressure up front. No question 54 looked off, but I'm glad they got him some time before Thursday.

Packers - we could win this game - the Packers D looked worse especially against the run. They gave up what 175 yards on the ground? But now you've got Rodgers back there instead of Luck. A real test this week. And as mentioned the Packers got beat at home they're not going to be particularly happy. But if you win this one they're down two games already.

GO BEARS!!!

Nice win today by the Bears hope they can keep the scoring up looks like they may need it.

-Tim Jennings' strong work ethic paid off with his first-career two-interception game & the deflection he made off Chris Conte's eventual interception. It would be nice for the front-seven to elevate its own game so that the opponents don't march up & down the field the way the Colts did.

-Chicago's grace period ends this Thursday on the N.F.L. Network. Though too early to be labelled as a must-win, the Bears must demonstrate a certain level of urgency against the Packers. The Packers will play angry after their opening-week loss to the Niners. The Bears sputtered the same way in 2011 after knocking the snot out of Atlanta a year ago.

-If the rest of Tim Jennings' teammates show the same work ethic in a short week of game preparation, then beating Green Bay is more likely than not.

Fred

Le Club de Hockey Canadien depuis 1909!

Gotta have a Big game tonight.

Even if Rodgers has a decent game, as long as he's not allowed to throw at will, our defense should be able to limit their other weapons, and get some takeaways.

Bear Down.

The Bears played a good game Sunday against a bad team. I agree with most of the above except the “bend don’t break” defense bent a little too much. They gave up close to 400 yds to a bad team with a rookie QB. Without the take a ways this game would have been a little too close for comfort. I don’t think the packers will turn the ball over 4 times. I hope I’m wrong.

Some say you don’t need a running game in today’s NFL but that is how SF beat the packers last Sunday. With The Bears balanced offence they should be able to keep the packers guessing by taking advantage of the running game. The defense will have to play better tonight than they did last Sunday.

We will find out just how good this team is tonight. I think the packers are overrated and predict a Bears win!!

Go Bears!!

The Bears played a good game Sunday against a bad team. I agree with most of the above except the “bend don’t break” defense bent a little too much. They gave up close to 400 yds to a bad team with a rookie QB. Without the take a ways this game would have been a little too close for comfort. I don’t think the packers will turn the ball over 4 times. I hope I’m wrong.

Some say you don’t need a running game in today’s NFL but that is how SF beat the packers last Sunday. With The Bears balanced offence they should be able to keep the packers guessing by taking advantage of the running game. The defense will have to play better tonight than they did last Sunday.

We will find out just how good this team is tonight. I think the packers are overrated and predict a Bears win!!

Go Bears!!

I would not go so far as to say that Green Bay is overrated but they have shown that they have a small weakness in there defense.

Go Bears!!

I think you are interpreting that premise wrong; I think what most are saying is you don't need the "Walter Paytons" any more. Teams need to the be able to run but do not need to overpay running backs, the threat is good enough in today's NFL.

The trainwreck in Green Bay...well we knew it was coming the oline is still a frankin' joke...the Pack so badly wanted to lose this game, but the Bears weren't having it. Cutler running for his life again and again. 7 sacks and how many hurries not counting the 4 picks. Haven't we seen this movie before?

Gee if you're alledged left tackle can't get it done wouldn't you chip a tight end/fullback over there on the left side and not wait until late in the game to do it. Tyler Clutts would have looked good there oh that's right Emery traded him. By the way I'd love to see Olsen back instead of the post known as Kellen Davis.

And where the heck was the running game the Pack gave up 175 yards on the ground last week? And how bad is Chris Williams that he still can't get off the bench when the turnstyle known as J'marcus Webb is killing us. Let's not forget the bonehead play Carimi made either w/ the push for 15 that killed that drive...

For Bob - How does Emery address all of the skill positions yet completely ignore the Bears biggest problem the Oline in the offseason yet again...?

The defense played a great game I thought...only gave up what 16 points...Brian and the boys played a heck of a game and gave the offense numerous chances only to watch them gag and choke.

Dave Toub first has Tillman get injured covering a punt last week and then blows the fake field goal...nice.

By the way Lovie now 1-7 in his last 8 against the Pack. But he was quick to point out the Bears are only 1-1 and they have to get ready for next week.

Bears should handle the Rams easily...but we'll see if they're actually a legit team when they go to Dallas in two weeks.

Sure its early, but it don't look good.

BEAR DOWN!!!

Hey DK

I voiced my dismay with the lack of a move or two when it comes to the O-line but I thought a better scheme and gettin' the ball out quicker would help this year. The O-line had a good effort against the Freeny-less Colts but it was a good effort none the less. I can't put all the pressure and sacks on the O-line however,I thought the Packers DB's had a real good game and I also thought a few sacks were coverage sacks. Cutler and the offense have to play better and the way the team improved as the year went on the last two seasons,I think they will.

If this had to happen,there's no better time than now,it's a slap in the face for Mike Tice and he won't like it!

I think they go back to the drawing-board and I think the offense will figure it out,Cutler has to get the ball out quicker and I thought he had 3-4 seconds to do so on a few of those sacks. I know it was a short week and losing Forte didn't help but excuses mean NOTHING in football and the offense didn't look ready(obviously).

Once the season starts for my two favorite teams (Hawks and Bears) I tend to be positive,I get 'on-board' so to speak,so let's talk Bears D. If they play the way they did the first two games the team will be competitive,if the offense can find consistency they'll be ultra competitive. The rookie DE is gonna be a good one,he's just to fast for a lot of O-linemen and he'll get better too.

rob...I understand your assessment of the RB in today's game but I think Forte's ability to get involved in the passing game makes him the type of back a team needs and he changes the way a D can attack the offense.

WTF was that last night?

The tale of two teams begins.

the Bears defense actually played real well, and this time it was the ineptness of the offense.

The thing that stuck out to me... is that the Coaches for the Bears were out coached

and WTF was Cutler doing bumping JWebb on the sidelines?

thats a real good way to lose the trust and respect of your teammate...

sorry there is NO defending the way Jay acted last night. He really has some maturing to do.

WTF was that last night?

The tale of two teams begins.

the Bears defense actually played real well, and this time it was the ineptness of the offense.

The thing that stuck out to me... is that the Coaches for the Bears were out coached

and WTF was Cutler doing bumping JWebb on the sidelines?

thats a real good way to lose the trust and respect of your teammate...

sorry there is NO defending the way Jay acted last night. He really has some maturing to do.

Yeah, yelling and bumping JWebb may make JWebb let the DEnds come straight in and sack Cutler......ooops, JWebb does that anyway.....nothing to lose.

Players yell at one another all the time; the difference is more cameras. It happens from high school and up...no big deal.

Does Cutler need to remain cool and coy under adversity?....absolutely.

Not in anyway trying to compare Cutler and Rodgers, but I saw Rodgers get a big case of RED azz with his guys last night to. His guys just responded thats all.

Also I hate pointing at the coach but somethings got to give somewhere the only variable still in play Head coach from Super season to now. every other variable besides Hester and a couple defensive players gone.

I thought the Bears D played really well. I think along w/ most I thought Jay really handled himself badly not only in game but the post presser - Jay should have shouldered some of the blame himself and chose not to point fingers. Nobody else threw those pics. At the same time the guy was getting killed out there so you can understand the frustration. Urlacher is still the leader of this team. His post game comments were great 'maybe we're not as good as we thought we were'...Brian pointed the finger at everyone including himself w/ a challenge to step up.

As far as Webb I thought Jay made a mistake going after him after the play and then bumping him. Sure he's frustrated, but Jay is the leader show some leadership. Don't call your guy out on national TV. At the same it seemed Webb thought the whole thing was funny if you caught the post game locker room comments.

The question is if they don't make the dance is Lovie's time finally up. He can blame Tice all he wants, but he's still the head coach. And that was a train wreck of an offense and special teams play the other night. The game plan should have been run heavy they were getting 4 yards a carry but abandoned the run very quickly. Where was the head coach in that?

Nobody has really talked about losing Forte, but he's a huge piece and could be out 6 weeks w/ that bad ankle.

The offense needed to stop reading their press clippings and do the things they did week one. Let's face it,this team plays better with a chip on their shoulder and they respond better when there's a lack of league-wide respect. The offense will play better and if the D can sustain their play of the first two weeks,it'll still be a good year. There's a lot of football left to play!

I thought the Bears D played really well. I think along w/ most I thought Jay really handled himself badly not only in game but the post presser - Jay should have shouldered some of the blame himself and chose not to point fingers.

As far as Webb I thought Jay made a mistake going after him after the play and then bumping him.

The question is if they don't make the dance is Lovie's time finally up. He can blame Tice all he wants, but he's still the head coach.

This IS Jay Cutler; always has been and always will be.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/jay-cutler-is-same-old-jay-charles-woodson-says-and-most-people-seem-to-agree/2012/09/14/a43f33e4-fe72-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_blog.html?wprss=rss_sports

I felt bad for Webb: getting beat, getting no help from a RB or a TE & then getting berated in public. Then getting bumped.

If I were Webb I'd confront Cutler and get him to apologized in front of the team.

Will Bear coaches and management stand up for Webb? Will they impose order and discipline?

Don't bet on it.

Will Green Bay force Aaron Rodgers to apologize for berating his receiver on national TV after he cut-off his route leading to a pick? Will Webb lead the league in sacks allowed AND false starts AGAIN? I was concerned when the Bears did NOTHING to improve the worst O-line in the game and when they come up against the best pass rushers in the game it'll continue to be a sack fest. Cutler's behavior leaves a lot to be desired but he's been beat-up and sacked more than any QB in the league the last three years. It's frustrating to see how productive the offense can be when Cutler's given time to throw,i.e. week one.