Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gagnon391

Prospects.

88 posts in this topic

I think Beach and Pirri by far are the Hawks best chances to make the NHL. Now. This can change fairly quickly. If Danault has an awesome world Jr tourney. He could be looking like the top. But as of now. I'll go with the guys that have already have pro experience. The jump from jr to pro is astronomically huge. And most just don't make it. So the ones excelling in the pros, are the best bet!!!

Could Pirri possibly fill the #2 C spot? Or would this be a bit much for him this early?

You can watch the highlights of their games here. If you watch the highlights of the last game the first goal is on the power play scored by Clendening assisted by Leddy. In the game I watched they were also paired together on the first power play unit. I may be in the minority here but from what I've seen Clendening is a bit better than Leddy. He doesn't shy away from contact like Leddy does. They are both listed as the exact same height and weight but Clendening seems to play bigger. I think I'll rewatch the 5-2 win over Charlotte and see if I missed anything. I also bought a "10 pack" of games so I'll post my observations after the games I watch. I'll probably choose home games against division rivals. One game I want to watch is against Oklahoma City, they've got Taylor Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, and Paajarvi on that team.

I agree they are the #1 Power Play pairing. I had mentioned that I noticed them not being the #1 pairing on the Penalty Kill. I've only seen a few games this year but that is what i recall.

If you happen to go back and watch some more of the highlights, keep us posted on what you notice as far as who is starting off on the PK.

I agree they are the #1 Power Play pairing. I had mentioned that I noticed them not being the #1 pairing on the Penalty Kill. I've only seen a few games this year but that is what i recall.

If you happen to go back and watch some more of the highlights, keep us posted on what you notice as far as who is starting off on the PK.

The first PK unit was Stanton/Dahlbeck, second PK unit was Leddy/Lalonde. They then went back to Stanton/Dahlbeck before Charlotte scores at the very end of the PP. I'd say 75% of PK time was Stanton/Dahlbeck.

One thing. And I mean one thing I'm happy about is Leddy is going to get that full year in the AHL to work on his defensive end of the game.

When or if the NHL returns. I feel it will make Leddy a very valuable piece!!!

One thing. And I mean one thing I'm happy about is Leddy is going to get that full year in the AHL to work on his defensive end of the game.

When or if the NHL returns. I feel it will make Leddy a very valuable piece!!!

Big-T, it looks like you were doubly happy about Leddy. :)

I agree, it's good to see Leddy get the minor league time he didn't get before.

Ya. I think it's good for Leddy. The offense will come easy for him in the AHL. So all he has to work on is his defense. And those coaches down there are great at hoping kids with their deficiencies.

I think you'll see a different Leddy when the NHL resumes

Ya. I think it's good for Leddy. The offense will come easy for him in the AHL. So all he has to work on is his defense. And those coaches down there are great at hoping kids with their deficiencies.

I think you'll see a different Leddy when the NHL resumes

Like a couple of us have said from watching quite a few of Rockford's games, not a whole lot seems to be changing with Leddy just yet. I have personally noticed some minor improvements, but for the most part, he looks exactly like he did last year with the big club.

If somehow the lockout ends and there is hockey within the next few weeks, I dont think you'll see much of a difference in Leddy at all.

For all the enthusiasm some here seem to feel about this team's prospects and good drafting Bowman has supposedly done, TSN doesnt seem to share the seem excitement. Not one Hawk prospect ranked in their top 30.

Obviously this isnt gospel, just interesting how bias can effect opinion.

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...eature/?id=9601

For all the enthusiasm some here seem to feel about this team's prospects and good drafting Bowman has supposedly done, TSN doesnt seem to share the seem excitement. Not one Hawk prospect ranked in their top 30.

Obviously this isnt gospel, just interesting how bias can effect opinion.

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...eature/?id=9601

I would not worry about this list. The Blackhawks are in good company. No prospect from the Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, Devils, Canucks, Sharks, or Kings are on this list either. In addition, both the Red Wings and Bruins each have only one prospect listed. The players on this list have played fewer than 10 games in the NHL so I expect that some will become stars whereas others will not pan out.

I hear ya Rink. We've said for years that Many on here over rate the prospects.

And that is not what I wanted to hear Leddy. Was kinda hoping that his D play would be growing.

What ya see is what ya might get with him.

And that is not a player that will lead you to Lord Stanley. As we've witnessed. Good D play will win you the Cup!!!

I actually ended up going to both IceHogs games this weekend, and took some videos of the action. First, I went to Milwaukee where both Bollig and Beach ended up fighting.

Bollig:

Beach:

Photos:

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/bhawksprncss19/IceHogs%20at%20Admirals%2012-14-12/?start=all

Photos and video from the game vs Hamilton are in the next post.