Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cLeunger9

Do Frolik And Bickell Stay After There Play In Playoffs

239 posts in this topic

Posted · Hidden by Modry-Jazyk, October 29, 2012 - No reason given · Report post

If I just once could believe your posts are not biased.

That`s why I gave examples of other proven NHL players. You conveniently ignored them. We all know you hate russians, you don`t like czechs, you adore slovakians and ronald reagan but why don`t you leave out your prejudices and judge players objectively for once.

crap.I have as many friends in Czech rep. as in SLovakia, it's only about hockey rivality.

Btw., I never try to speak in the name of ALL others, it's unionist dictionary and bad habit of some people (not only) on forums.

I have spoken to players who have played in the European Leagues, they would compare it to playing AHL level hockey so dont get to exited if a player who was in a slump last year in the NHL performes well in Europe...

Agreed. its nice that Frolik is doing so well but it needs to be kept in perspective.

For example Alexander Salak, who couldnt even win the backup job here in Chicago, currently has a GAA of 1.51 and has already posted 3 shutouts in the Swedish league.

Certainly doesnt mean he would perform at the same level in the NHL.

If I just once could believe your posts are not biased.

That`s why I gave examples of other proven NHL players. You conveniently ignored them. We all know you hate russians, you don`t like czechs, you adore slovakians and ronald reagan but why don`t you leave out your prejudices and judge players objectively for once.

Where do you think Modry is from?

Agreed. its nice that Frolik is doing so well but it needs to be kept in perspective.

For example Alexander Salak, who couldnt even win the backup job here in Chicago, currently has a GAA of 1.51 and has already posted 3 shutouts in the Swedish league.

Certainly doesnt mean he would perform at the same level in the NHL.

I'm glad to see he is having success abroad and I really hope that translates into success in the NHL whenever they decide to have "the next" season.

I'm not exactly certain it will though - we are seeing the type of player he can be, but he struggles to find success within the constraints of our systems.

I don't think it's "right" for Q to adapt his systems just for Frolik's sake. But then again, when the deck isn't stacked in our favor (like in 2009-2010), to me it's apparent that the systems need adjustment anyways.

from slovakia

this is your first post friend I can agree with after time.

Slovakia, Bratislava, Slovan BA founded in 1921, 5 years before Chicago Blackhawks, Red Wings and Rangers, 3 years before Bruins and 2 years later as Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs.. And 25 years sooner as any other KHL team and 47 years before russian tanks invaded CzechoSlovakia my dear friend.

this is your first post friend I can agree with after time.

Slovakia, Bratislava, Slovan BA founded in 1921, 5 years before Chicago Blackhawks, Red Wings and Rangers, 3 years before Bruins and 2 years later as Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs.. And 25 years sooner as any other KHL team and 47 years before russian tanks invaded CzechoSlovakia my dear friend.

No offense Modry.

Maybe I`m doing you wrong, maybe you are objective. But I have to say, I`ve read all your posts in the last couple years and not once did I read a positive statement about a russian player, or Czech player for that matter.

No offense Modry.

Maybe I`m doing you wrong, maybe you are objective. But I have to say, I`ve read all your posts in the last couple years and not once did I read a positive statement about a russian player, or Czech player for that matter.

heh, I have probably more friends in Czech rep. than here in Slovakia, but they are our main sport rivals, as Detroit is for Chicago I guess.It's only about that sport rivality, nothing else.Well russians players, Pavel Datsjuk is one of the best NHL centers, I have some respect for Oveckin..I think Kovalcuk and Radulov are id**ts.Best first line ever in hockey history was that russian Krutov-Larionov-Makarov..Is that enough positive ? : )

I'm glad to see he is having success abroad and I really hope that translates into success in the NHL whenever they decide to have "the next" season.

I'm not exactly certain it will though - we are seeing the type of player he can be, but he struggles to find success within the constraints of our systems.

I don't think it's "right" for Q to adapt his systems just for Frolik's sake. But then again, when the deck isn't stacked in our favor (like in 2009-2010), to me it's apparent that the systems need adjustment anyways.

Offensively, I dont think there is a problem with the system. The team was one of the highest scoring in the league last year and Frolik had numerous chances. With him, it just seems like he doesnt have any "sniper" ability since most of his shots either miss the net or end up in a spot that is easy for the opposing goalie to stop.

IMO, if you are a finesse player and dont like to get dirty in front of the net looking for rebounds, its tough to score a lot of goals at this level without having really good accuracy with your shot.

update on fr

welolik: scoreless in 10 games, back in chi shape

well, it's Frodo ....

buf52, I have many friends in Czech rep. but in sport, they are like DET fo Chicago, do you understand ?

well, it's Frodo ....

buf52, I have many friends in Czech rep. but in sport, they are like DET fo Chicago, do you understand ?

I get it modry, don`t worry <_<