Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cLeunger9

Do Frolik And Bickell Stay After There Play In Playoffs

239 posts in this topic

with pretty good performances by bicks and frodo do you guys think they deserve to be on the roster next season or not?

sorry the topic is supposed to be " Do Frolik and Bickell Stay After There PLay In The Playoffs. anyone know how to change the topic name?

sorry the topic is supposed to be " Do Frolik and Bickell Stay After There PLay In The Playoffs. anyone know how to change the topic name?

You can edit the title...when you hit edit and after that hit the full edit button.

Yes both of them stay regardless of their playoff performance.

Personally, I say no. I wan`t someone who plays more consistent.Bickell doesn`t use his size all year long, and for the most part is a bad skater.Frolik,Love his Speed, but really thats all he has.So does Apolo ohno.

Personally, I say no. I wan`t someone who plays more consistent.Bickell doesn`t use his size all year long, and for the most part is a bad skater.Frolik,Love his Speed, but really thats all he has.So does Apolo ohno.

Frolik speed is mediocre but good enough to fit the Hawks' scheme.

"Their" not there.

I'll give both of them credit for playing well in the playoffs , but during the regular season they were both invisible. Bickell reminds me of a bear because he hibernates in the winter and wakes up in the spring. I say get rid of them if you can. I'd like to see Hayes get an opportunity.

I'll give both of them credit for playing well in the playoffs , but during the regular season they were both invisible. Bickell reminds me of a bear because he hibernates in the winter and wakes up in the spring. I say get rid of them if you can. I'd like to see Hayes get an opportunity.

There is room for Hayes even with Bickell.

Frolik looked good during the last season playoff run as well. Then the regular season came and he was invisible again. No to him - hypothetically. But as he is under a contract Frolik will be back.

I think they both stay. Bickell's cap hit is so low that he's worth keep even if it's as the 13th forward. Frolik had shown glimpses of being a solid contributor and I don't think Stan gives up on him just yet. That being said, I think both Frolik and Bickell will be on short leashes next fall.

The one forward whom I think could be gone is Stalberg. Trade him while his value is high for a physical dman. We can sacrifice a little offense to become better defensively and more well rounded. Stalberg would bring the best return without trading one of the core.

Da bode uh dem will be back.

Ya hey der Rob, dat statemint woulda made a terue yooper proud, eh?!

Click edit, then full editor to edit everything, has to be done on your first post of the thread.

I fixed it for ya

Bickell really impressed me late in the season and in the playoffs. If he continues to play this way I say re-sign him next season. Bickell'd cap hit is $542K now, if he continues to play like he did in the playoffs we sign him for $1-$1.2 million for a couple years.

Bickell stays simply because he makes secretary money (by NHL standards) and has shown that he can play at this level (although not consistently). He's going into a contract year so he needs to bring it if he wants to stay off the buses in the AHL.

Frolik, is a bit of an enigma. He can be effective but then disappears for weeks. He's 3rd line material at best and not scrappy enough to be an energy guy.

I like Bickell when he is in it. You can always tell what kind of night he is going to have by his 1st or 2nd shift. If he delivers a good hit, you know he is in it. For his size and how he can play..def. a yes for me.

I like Shaw over Frolik. But with Bruno gone (fingers crossed) maybe Frolik can fill that void...one would think he has to find his scoring touch again.

This is 2 playoffs in a row that Frolik has excelled in the playoffs. Just make him a permanent 3rd liner. He's a 3rd string 2nd line center if hard pressed too. Bickell is the big question mark. He took a step back in the regular season. Played pretty physically in the playoffs (a la Buf). I think Shaw is destined for the 4th line. Depending on the finances, I say the Hawks see if they can upgrade Bickell's spot with a more consistent physical force. I don't think anyone will take Frolik's price tag for what he contributes.

I enjoyed hearing Bickell's exit comments the most of any player. He said exactly what I was hoping for. Its obvious that he finally completely understands what he has to do be effective. His play in the last 1/4 of the season and playoffs was exactly what the Hawks need him to be, a big physical forward on the checking line which is the perfect compliment to Bolland and Shaw. He even said that he had to pick up the slack from Brouwer with physicality and that its important that he continue that style into next year in order to be effective. If it was over 5 or 6 games talk is cheap. But it was over about a 30 game stretch were he was reliable in playing the same style game in and game out. Its a no-brainer to keep that 3rd line intact. They will only get better with more familiarity with each other next season.

As for Frolik, he does not have a spot guaranteed for next year with the Hawks. The 3rd lin is complete. He is not and never will be a top 6 guy. On a 4th line he would be a bit of a waste and more importantly likely revert back to his regular season form with minimal ice time. I say find a buyer and sell. Maybe pick up a 7th dman in exchange.

Bickell will stay - he's too cheap to dump. Frolik should be traded right away while his stock is somewhat high.

Just the opposite of some of our star players. ;)

Bickell's 'cheap meat' in today's cap controlled NHL and the Hawks have to find a way to get more outta him but more importantly,he needs to find a way to get more outta himself! If he could become a consistent physical player and get 15-20 a year,he could become a 1.5-2m guy but if not he'll remain a league minimum player. It's all up to him really.

Frolik's play in the Yotes series might make him easier to move and in my opinion,every effort should be made to do so.

Stalberg's the only non-core forward who can produce 20-25 goals a year and I see NO ONE on the roster or the horizon to replace that right now and he's pretty cheap himself. If the RIGHT trade came along would I move him...

yes but goes for quite a few of his team mates as well!