The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chirob

2012-13 Season Tkts Invoice Arrives

Chirob    90

Just got my 2012-13 Season Ticket Invoice in snail mail.

I'm in 300-green

2011-12 41 reg season + 3 preseason games, $4840 for two seats total ($55 per seat per game)

2012-13 41 reg season + 3 preson games,$5632 ($64 per seat per game) increase of $9 per seat)

ajs81    32

Ugh, when will it end? My seats (300-level gray) have seen a 280 percent increase over the last four years. And yes, I know all the data RE: Blackhawks ticket prices relative to that of other teams. Doesn't make it any easier to afford another increase.

claman1022    59

I'm in 300-green

2011-12 41 reg season + 3 preseason games, $4840 for two seats total ($55 per seat per game)

2012-13 41 reg season + 3 preson games,$5632 ($64 per seat per game) increase of $9 per seat

25% due by May 4

300-level orange going up from $42 to $48

300-level gray going up from $24 to $28

This is getting to be like the old days!! So as of now they have $2,445 for playoff games and if we advance...another $3,635 mid April and want another $2,112 by May 4. Cant they wait until June 4th...and see what happens in the playoffs??

Ugh, when will it end? My seats (300-level gray) have seen a 280 percent increase over the last four years. And yes, I know all the data RE: Blackhawks ticket prices relative to that of other teams. Doesn't make it any easier to afford another increase.

Its still an excellent value at $28 and great savings off the single game price. We are not feeling the hit as bad as STH of some other teams that have not even performed as well... Capitals season ticket holders in their "cheap zone" had tickets go from $10 for the 08-09 season... to $12 for 09-10... but then jumped to $29 for the 10-11 season.... they more than doubled in one offseason... I think for this 11-12 season they paid $36... so increase from $10 to $36.... we paid $24 this year... so really not that bad compared to some other price increasing... and thats just one example.

Phill9    1,731

Mine up from $24.00 to $28.00 per seat. Curious how many people they are going to start losing, both current STH and from the waiting list. In 5 seasons my tickets have gone from $15.00 per game to $28.00. I had season tickets for 1 season in the stadium in the mid 1980's which were 2nd balcony seats. They were $6.00 per seat. So from the mid 1980's to the 2008/09 season the price went up $9.00 total. Now in 4 years they've gone up $13.00.

To Hawks management, you better start thinking about the economy because your sellout streak will come to an end. Just remember when you had 3 to 4 thousand season ticket holders? You may be pricing yourself right back into that era, even with a perennial playoff contender.

KennyPowers    18

Mine up from $24.00 to $28.00 per seat. Curious how many people they are going to start losing, both current STH and from the waiting list. In 5 seasons my tickets have gone from $15.00 per game to $28.00. I had season tickets for 1 season in the stadium in the mid 1980's which were 2nd balcony seats. They were $6.00 per seat. So from the mid 1980's to the 2008/09 season the price went up $9.00 total. Now in 4 years they've gone up $13.00. To Hawks management, you better start thinking about the economy because your sellout streak will come to an end. Just remember when you had 3 to 4 thousand season ticket holders? You may be pricing yourself right back into that era, even with a perennial playoff contender.

Dude, Read your post again and think- CLEARLY this time. If you did not expect this increase, then you haven't been listening to anything Rocky has said the past few years. Tickets at $10 prices is not making the team any money. They stayed at that price for so long because the team was horrendous. Next year, you will pay $28 for a seat to an NHL game. Yes, $28. Think about it. In the grand scheme of things, that is still low. Expect your 300 lvl tickt to go up $4 for the next several years before it is on par with other teams "cheap seats". If you don't like it, several thousand on the waiting list, or in the 100 lvl looking for a price reduction will jump at the opportunity to purchase your seats once you let them go.

Phill9    1,731

Dude, Read your post again and think- CLEARLY this time. If you did not expect this increase, then you haven't been listening to anything Rocky has said the past few years. Tickets at $10 prices is not making the team any money. They stayed at that price for so long because the team was horrendous. Next year, you will pay $28 for a seat to an NHL game. Yes, $28. Think about it. In the grand scheme of things, that is still low. Expect your 300 lvl tickt to go up $4 for the next several years before it is on par with other teams "cheap seats". If you don't like it, several thousand on the waiting list, or in the 100 lvl looking for a price reduction will jump at the opportunity to purchase your seats once you let them go.

Dude, I don't need to re-read my post. There is a major issue with this economy and people are not going to keep shelling out more money every year. Unemployment and gas prices going through the roof are going to impact what people will have to spend on sporting events, along with any other type of recreational entertainment. $28.00 per game is not cheap but I am going to continue, for at least 1 more year, to get my tickets. But they are pricing out people, don't think they are not. 3 years ago I had a job, now I am on a fixed income due to a disability. In another year, with another increase, I may be priced out, it is nearly there now! And I am sure there are thousands of others that are in the same boat, their incomes will no longer be able to support the cost of the tickets.

I'm sure the waiting list will still be there, but I'm also sure that it is dwindling by the season, not increasing.

cuphead    23

You are correct KP, When the UC opened back in the shortened 94-95 season my orange seats were 25 bucks. They stayed that price until the 09-10 season. That's 14 seasons of no increases. Although I don't like it. I expected them to start catching up with the rest of the league with pricing.

KennyPowers    18

Dude, I don't need to re-read my post. There is a major issue with this economy and people are not going to keep shelling out more money every year. Unemployment and gas prices going through the roof are going to impact what people will have to spend on sporting events, along with any other type of recreational entertainment. $28.00 per game is not cheap but I am going to continue, for at least 1 more year, to get my tickets. But they are pricing out people, don't think they are not. 3 years ago I had a job, now I am on a fixed income due to a disability. In another year, with another increase, I may be priced out, it is nearly there now! And I am sure there are thousands of others that are in the same boat, their incomes will no longer be able to support the cost of the tickets.

I'm sure the waiting list will still be there, but I'm also sure that it is dwindling by the season, not increasing.

Phil,

If you are in the unfortunate position of almost being priced out, it is time to be pro-active and make some sacrifices. Instead of going to every game, or even half of the games, go to 15 a year and sell the rest. You can go to 15 games of your choice for free-including all the beer and food you want. It may not be the perfect scenario for you, but it is better than giving up your seats which you might regret once you get back on your feet.

I-miss-Wis    599

I'm in 300-green

2012-13 41 reg season + 3 preson games,$5632 ($64 per seat per game) increase of $9 per seat

25% due by May 4

300-level orange going up from $42 to $48

300-level gray going up from $24 to $28

Yeah the green seats appeared to get hit hard this time. A 17% increase.

Tony35    13

Keep increasing prices in this economy. Gonna price alot people out.

Not everyone is made of money to keep paying the rising costs of tix.

Puckjim    2,762

Phil,

If you are in the unfortunate position of almost being priced out, it is time to be pro-active and make some sacrifices. Instead of going to every game, or even half of the games, go to 15 a year and sell the rest. You can go to 15 games of your choice for free-including all the beer and food you want. It may not be the perfect scenario for you, but it is better than giving up your seats which you might regret once you get back on your feet.

Absolutely. I've had my seats for years and have paid for all increases AND playoffs by selling my extras at a profit.

You sell half of your games at $65-70 each, and you'll be self-funding.

You made the wise decision to buy season tickets when they were available.

No need to get priced out.

Phill9    1,731

Absolutely. I've had my seats for years and have paid for all increases AND playoffs by selling my extras at a profit.

You sell half of your games at $65-70 each, and you'll be self-funding.

You made the wise decision to buy season tickets when they were available.

No need to get priced out.

See and that's the sad thing. I didn't buy the seats to profit by them. I bought them because I love the Hawks and want to be at the games. Now it is to the point that I have to consider selling them for even more of a price then I'm complaining about having to pay in order to keep the seats.

DeathChurch    73

No one likes the increase in ticket prices, but what bothers me is that it seems like they're asking for money earlier this season. We all saw that playoff invoices went out a couple of weeks earlier than in previous seasons, and it seems like this invoice has arrived earlier as well.

kcscrapper    2

No one likes the increase in ticket prices, but what bothers me is that it seems like they're asking for money earlier this season. We all saw that playoff invoices went out a couple of weeks earlier than in previous seasons, and it seems like this invoice has arrived earlier as well.

It actually went out a month earlier, I found a copy of last years first invoice and it's dated 04/29/11 with first payment due 05/27/11. I wish that they had a better payment breakdown, I scrimp and save, but with they playoff payments one month and then the 2nd playoff payment the next month and THEN the STH 1st payment a few weeks later. I really don't know who they think there fan base is but my income is under $40K and these tickets are our entertainment/vacation.

ajs81    32

Its still an excellent value at $28 and great savings off the single game price. We are not feeling the hit as bad as STH of some other teams that have not even performed as well... Capitals season ticket holders in their "cheap zone" had tickets go from $10 for the 08-09 season... to $12 for 09-10... but then jumped to $29 for the 10-11 season.... they more than doubled in one offseason... I think for this 11-12 season they paid $36... so increase from $10 to $36.... we paid $24 this year... so really not that bad compared to some other price increasing... and thats just one example.

Again, read what I wrote:

"And yes, I know all the data RE: Blackhawks ticket prices relative to that of other teams. Doesn't make it any easier to afford another increase."

Bob_Sacamano    46

I'm not happy about the increase, but it is expected. Ever since I have had season tickets, I have been going to 15-20 games a year, and I sell the rest to help pay for the games I go to.

arnold_snarb    290

Anyone know the prices of the 100 level maroons and 200 level blues (light and dark)? I've been keeping track of all the prices for the past several seasons, and like to keep my spreadsheet up to date. B)

Chirob    90

Anyone know the prices of the 100 level maroons and 200 level blues (light and dark)? I've been keeping track of all the prices for the past several seasons, and like to keep my spreadsheet up to date. B)

100 level gold: $335

100 level red : $147

100 level maroon : $110

200 level dark blue : $95

200 level light blue : $82

300 level green : $64

300 level orange : $48

300 level gray : $28

All 200 level seats have the usual $1,000 annual premium fee

glenhall    491

Arnold,

I would be curious to know how ticket prices have increased over the past several years. I know mine started at $125 (probably identifying myself as a bandwaggoner for those who can match the rate with the date :-)) and will be $147 next season. I think they were $75 the year before I joined.

Hopefully this request does not create a violation of board rules. Just an economic research project.