Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I-miss-Wis

Ask Any Hockey Question

491 posts in this topic

Random question of the day regarding trades in the CHL...Can guys be traded to any team across all three leagues, like from a team in the OHL to a team in the QMJHL for example, or can they only be traded to another team within the same league (OHL to OHL team)?

OHL to OHL

QMJHL to QMJHL

WHL to WHL

Players placed on waivers may be picked up by other leagues after they have cleared waivers in their own leagues.

OHL to OHL

QMJHL to QMJHL

WHL to WHL

Players placed on waivers may be picked up by other leagues after they have cleared waivers in their own leagues.

Thanks

I didn't know about the cross-CHL waivers part...cool!

I do know that geography plays a part in the CHL. I think it has to do with young kids and travel and all of that while they're sitll of school age. Kane could have only played for (assuming he wasn't waived) the OHL. Had Toews not gone the college rouyte he would have only be able to play for the WHL (Tri Cities drafted him I believe).

I don't think this has been asked but if it has, sorry...

I haven't seen any AHL games this year & with the NHL likely adopting the A's OT rules, what happens if there's a penalty after they go 3 on 3 (or carried over from 4 on 4), do they go to 3 on 2?

I don't think this has been asked but if it has, sorry...

I haven't seen any AHL games this year & with the NHL likely adopting the A's OT rules, what happens if there's a penalty after they go 3 on 3 (or carried over from 4 on 4), do they go to 3 on 2?

I believe I saw somewhere on the internet that it will go to a 4 on 3 if there is a penalty while playing 3 on 3 instead of going 3 on 2. In other words the team not taking the penalty will add a man instead of the team taking a penalty losing a man.

Thanks, MC...that makes perfect sense. I was actually chuckling about the idea of 3 on 2.

Can a team waive home ice advantage in the playoffs????

I am asking for a friend. ;)

Regards

N.

Can a team waive home ice advantage in the playoffs????

I am asking for a friend. ;)

Regards

N.

This question will be addressed at the next GM meeting in Fiji - along with the option to decline a PP.

This question will be addressed at the next GM meeting in Fiji - along with the option to decline a PP.

Ha! Well played Tackle. :)

Regards

N.

That made me laugh :)

Was this to be purple???? :lol:

in another thread, someone mentioned about a person with a gun at the '13 parade.

it got me to wondering....if you go to the UC for a game, do people pass through a metal detector?

sorry if this seems a dumb question, but i haven't been to an NHL game in any arena since 2004, and have only ever seen games in Calgary and Edmonton.

in another thread, someone mentioned about a person with a gun at the '13 parade.

it got me to wondering....if you go to the UC for a game, do people pass through a metal detector?

sorry if this seems a dumb question, but i haven't been to an NHL game in any arena since 2004, and have only ever seen games in Calgary and Edmonton.

There is security that scans you.

I see the organization currently has 44 players signed with 23, I believe, on the Hawks roster. I wonder why they do not have the maximum 50 signed, or if they do are they loaned elsewhere besides the NHL/AHL?

I see the organization currently has 44 players signed with 23, I believe, on the Hawks roster. I wonder why they do not have the maximum 50 signed, or if they do are they loaned elsewhere besides the NHL/AHL?

It might just be a money issue.  Every one of the 50 contracts would have to be paid--even if they just aren't going to go anywhere.  It might be that the 'hawks, after last season's propect purge decided not to cpompletly reload and see if there are 6 more player prospects mid-year that come through (HC has it at 44 contracts).

That or it could be Stan expects a trade to come in with more players incoming than outgoing and just wants to have room.