The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Big-T

Stan As Gm

Granada said on 29 minutes ago:

Agree; but that is why I was advocating Crawford trade and why I was one the few who was saying Panarin shouldn't necessarily be re-signed before he was.

And, George Michael (I think, never was a big fan).

I've been advocating for a CC trade for a looooonnnnnnnngggggggg time.  I think that ship has sailed...but maybe not.  

A big move(s) are coming...and I really hope they are.  SB gets criticized for not being able to make a "hockey trade."  That's almost impossible to do when he is as cap strapped as they have been (from his decisions, I know).  I hope he gets good cap room with some deals and gets into a position moving forward where he can finally hold some leverage to make "hockey trades."

Moving a Seabs or CC is going to take more than a couple of packs of Equal.  Guys like Forsling and D-cat will probably be needed to pull something off.  I'm ok with that.  Major moves/blockbuster deal(s) have been needed for over a year now.  The first round exit should cause major change...it has to.

Granada...George Michael?  Another shot.

GT should get it.

The only trade that makes any sense, is if Stan and Uncle Dale get together and send Hossa down to the sun and fun, and there's an agreement in place that assures that Hossa won't screw the Hawks and retire early. Or go to LTIR if he doesn't feel like playing anymore. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. If Kane got dealt, I promise the Hawks miss the playoffs. I think Toews and Kane are untouchable. Maybe Seabs agrees to go? But I doubt after signing that deal, he wants to uproot his family!!!

• Upvote 2

iknowpuck said on 3 minutes ago:

I've been advocating for a CC trade for a looooonnnnnnnngggggggg time.  I think that ship has sailed...but maybe not.  

A big move(s) are coming...and I really hope they are.  SB gets criticized for not being able to make a "hockey trade."  That's almost impossible to do when he is as cap strapped as they have been (from his decisions, I know).  I hope he gets good cap room with some deals and gets into a position moving forward where he can finally hold some leverage to make "hockey trades."

Moving a Seabs or CC is going to take more than a couple of packs of Equal.  Guys like Forsling and D-cat will probably be needed to pull something off.  I'm ok with that.  Major moves/blockbuster deal(s) have been needed for over a year now.  The first round exit should cause major change...it has to.

Granada...George Michael?  Another shot.

GT should get it.

First off, Bon Jovi with "Keep the Faith".

i still don't see a "hockey trade" coming. I really don't, maybe a salary dump..... again, but as far as a hockey trade, I'd love and I mean love to see AA and Panera shipped out for Landeskog and Duchene. Panera got more points then both of them put together. I think Sakic does this. That would be a solid hockey trade. I hope it's something along the lines of that, but you can bet that if the Hawks make a huge splash, it's gonna happen at the draft, in Chicago and the PR machine is lovin it!!!

• Upvote 2

Big-T said on 1 minute ago:

i still don't see a "hockey trade" coming. I really don't, maybe a salary dump..... again, but as far as a hockey trade, I'd love and I mean love to see AA and Panera shipped out for Landeskog and Duchene. Panera got more points then both of them put together. I think Sakic does this. That would be a solid hockey trade. I hope it's something along the lines of that, but you can bet that if the Hawks make a huge splash, it's gonna happen at the draft, in Chicago and the PR machine is lovin it!!!

Come on T...Bon Jovi?:P

I don't think a hockey trade is coming...yet.  I think more salary dumps to get cap compliant and then I think we see more hockey trades.

It's been salary dumps and fringe signings year after year.  Time to fix this.  It did work...3 cups.  But that is over...not even close to a contender as constructed, IMO.   

I've been saying it for a long time...something has to give.  There is just no way the FO is sitting tight and thinking things will be different.  May have to go backward before we go forward...and I'm ok with that.

I know it's just a bunch of rumors out there...but there is a lot of smoke right now.

iknowpuck said on 1 minute ago:

Come on T...Bon Jovi?:P

I don't think a hockey trade is coming...yet.  I think more salary dumps to get cap compliant and then I think we see more hockey trades.

It's been salary dumps and fringe signings year after year.  Time to fix this.  It did work...3 cups.  But that is over...not even close to a contender as constructed, IMO.   

I've been saying it for a long time...something has to give.  There is just no way the FO is sitting tight and thinking things will be different.  May have to go backward before we go forward...and I'm ok with that.

I know it's just a bunch of rumors out there...but there is a lot of smoke right now.

Billy Joel?

GO HAWKS!!!!!

iknowpuck said on 5 minutes ago:

Well done, bob.  Did you get it in the 5 seconds though?

I doubt it,pretty old and slow these days!LOL! 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Batman died. RIP Mr West. 

Im convinced that Stan truly believes this current squad can get it done. And if it were up to Stan, I think he'd fire Q. But Q is such a big part of the org and now history, that I'm not sure McD wants to disrupt that!!!

Big-T said on 3 hours ago:

Me too. I really want Duchene, I think he'd be a perfect fit here. I'd love Oshie as well, but that's dreaming, I admit.

That said, I still don't see Bowman moving Panarin after just re-signing him. Also, I don't see how Hossa could guarantee he won't retire early if traded; or why he would even do so if he felt he could "guarantee" such. I mean, zit happens; he could get injured and need to retire and rescind such a promise -- you just never know. EDIT: of course, if he goes on LTIR, that would be keeping his promise, right? But what if he needs to retire for family reasons or something?

Edited by Granada

Big-T said on 6 hours ago:

The only trade that makes any sense, is if Stan and Uncle Dale get together and send Hossa down to the sun and fun, and there's an agreement in place that assures that Hossa won't screw the Hawks and retire early. Or go to LTIR if he doesn't feel like playing anymore. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. If Kane got dealt, I promise the Hawks miss the playoffs. I think Toews and Kane are untouchable. Maybe Seabs agrees to go? But I doubt after signing that deal, he wants to uproot his family!!!

Agree, 88, 2, and 19 are here until they retire. I've been advocating the "move Hossa to Florida" trade since the summer of 2015, but it is always shot down here due to the whole recapture penalty  (which I completely understand). Still feel like it could be done, though. I feel like he will play out his entire contract unless he gets injured, which in that case he could just go on LTIR for the rest of the deal...

Big-T said on 8 hours ago:

Batman died. RIP Mr West. 

Im convinced that Stan truly believes this current squad can get it done. And if it were up to Stan, I think he'd fire Q. But Q is such a big part of the org and now history, that I'm not sure McD wants to disrupt that!!!

Interesting idea. Think Quenneville will be on a short leash this year, or will Bowman? Maybe both.  To me people in comfortable and stable positions become stale and too stolid in their thinking. I like fresh blood and new ideas.

Everyone should be on a short leash this year, even Toews and Kane.

Hopefully the one constant since he joined the Hawks isn't moved though, Hjalmarsson, strong D wins championships and losing Hammer will really set the Hawks back.

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on 15 minutes ago:

Hopefully the one constant since he joined the Hawks isn't moved though, Hjalmarsson, strong D wins championships and losing Hammer will really set the Hawks back.

SB's presser told me he knows he doesn't have a lot of slack in his leash anymore.

Get er done, Stan.

OldTimeHawky said on On 6/9/2017 at 1:11 PM:

Not sure how credible John Jaeckel is but I guess he's saying Stan is trying to sign Panarins old teammate Evgeny Dadonov, I guess he's not done with his Russian experiment. 

The National Enquirer is more credible.

iknowpuck said on 4 hours ago:

I hope SB increased his minutes in his cell package and took the call forwarding off to Scotty's phone.

It's coming...get er done!

Hammers gone to either Toronta or Edmonton for a couple 2nd round picks. Rutta and Kempny expected to have a larger role this year. I'm hearing it's just about a done deal. Just waiting on McKenzie or Dregs to say it's done!!!

Big-T said on 3 minutes ago:

Hammers gone to either Toronta or Edmonton for a couple 2nd round picks. Rutta and Kempny expected to have a larger role this year. I'm hearing it's just about a done deal. Just waiting on McKenzie or Dregs to say it's done!!!

I hope it's Toronto

number-9 said on 5 minutes ago:

I hope it's Toronto

Same, I can't stand the Oilers plus if he's moved I'd rather he goes to the East. Plus Toronto has higher picks.

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on 1 minute ago:

Same, I can't stand the Oilers plus if he's moved I'd rather he goes to the East. Plus Toronto has higher picks.

I can't stand the Oilers either and they aren't missing too many pieces now.

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on Just now:

Probably worst kept secret, I think the org leaked this out to try and drum up some interest. Usually the Hawks are very quiet about their moves, it's gonna suck to lose anyone besides Desjardins or Tootoo, but we have to expect this year after year. If this doesn't come true, something went wrong, cuz EVERYONE is reporting this and everyone is on this!!!

OldTimeHawky said on On 6/14/2017 at 5:41 PM:

Please not Hammer! 

Big-T said on 11 minutes ago:

Probably worst kept secret, I think the org leaked this out to try and drum up some interest. Usually the Hawks are very quiet about their moves, it's gonna suck to lose anyone besides Desjardins or Tootoo, but we have to expect this year after year. If this doesn't come true, something went wrong, cuz EVERYONE is reporting this and everyone is on this!!!

It's a good idea to leak something like this to drum up interest. But you mentioned two 2nd round picks, Toronto doesn't have a 2nd this year and the Oilers have 2. T.O's 1st would be nice and a 3rd.

SB doesn't have a lot of easy options and won't be any more of a fan favorite when he does what he needs to do.

But it needs to be done.

We will be back.

It's coming.