Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big-T

Stan As Gm

11,076 posts in this topic

That's fair enough, Granada.   I look forward to  seeing your list of veterans available who might come here cheap.   

Given what happened this year (especially with Daley), I am concerned about how players fit in and adjust to the system here.

I was excited about Weise and still do not understand what happened and why he did not fit in.   There were some other (possibly better) veteran options at training camp last fall on defence, yet Quenneville stuck with Rozsival, the guy he knew.

The one advantage of Versteeg and Bolland (and why I am mentioning them) is that the coach knows them and will use them (and they might come here cheaply).   There might be better options, but will the coach use them?

Beyond those two, I'm still hopeful the Hawks sign one or two college free agents along with Schmaltz to round out the forward depth.  I also would like to see a European defenceman signed as well.   I understand the Hawks are active on both fronts and might have some high end targets signed soon.

That's why I don't want Bowman signing them.

Give Quenneville a chew toy and that's all he will chew.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0