Jump to content
The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canadian-hawks-fan-16

Authentic Jerseys

Recommended Posts


I would like to get jerseys for myself and wife but the ones that you can buy on NHL.com(reebock premier) are screen printed. Any other ideas?
If you're looking authentic, try TripleThreatSports, I've heard they're really good and really knowledgeable. I bought a RBK Premier from NHL.com, that was a horrible mistake. sick.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw authentic jerseys at the start of the season on NHL.com but I think they run out and don't resupply. I am too looking to add a new Jersey (authentic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not buy jerseys from NHL.com. You never know what you gonna get in mail!

TTS does have good jerseys and I think you end up paying $360 for players' jersey, including tax and shipping. which is 10% off what you pay at UC or Hawks store. Authentic Hawks jerseys rarely go on sale, unless for players who's not on the team anymore. WC jerseys were on sale during the playoffs at UC.

Good luck getting your jerseys. And GO HAWKS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='KeithNSeabs wrote:


4FeatheredChief']I would like to get jerseys for myself and wife but the ones that you can buy on NHL.com(reebock premier) are screen printed. Any other ideas?

If you're looking authentic, try TripleThreatSports, I've heard they're really good and really knowledgeable. I bought a RBK Premier from NHL.com, that was a horrible mistake. sick.gif

Very good place to order from. I get all my Authentic jerseys from here. If you want it customized you have to order it. They no longer carry jerseys in stock with players names on them (was in there a two weeks ago they actually had a few Sox jerseys in there with current players names on them). Manager told me they were losing too much with players getting traded. They have the jerseys in stock, but with no names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Blackhawks store can ship to you.  They take them to City Sports Lettering in Oak Forest to get lettered.  City Sports does all of the Blackhawks jerseys.  If you're going to get authentic, get a real authentic.  I have seen poor quality lettering on authentic jerseys and it cheapens the jersey.  That is my opinion and suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I only buy my jerseys from Pro Jersey in Downers Grove.

Just an FYI... I talk to the Owner and his sons quite a bit, they get all of their jerseys from TTS.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked up my new authentic home jersey from the Blackhawks Store, 2010 Stanley Cup patch with Kane's #s already sewn on. It looks magnificent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple Threat Sports is a great place to get a real jersey...they are very knowlegable and friendly! They have lettered all my jerseys and are working on a  Burish jersey for me as we speak! smile.gif Dave is a great guy to do buisness with and he really takes good care of his customers.  You can also try ebay...but...be VERY VERY careful...there are so many fakes and knock offs on there it isnt even funny.... If you dont mind that it isnt authentic then that may be the way to go...if you do care...be very cautious...and know the signs of a real jersey so you can tell whats genuine and whats not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple Threat Sports is a great place to get a real jersey...they are very knowlegable and friendly! They have lettered all my jerseys and are working on a  Burish jersey for me as we speak! smile.gif Dave is a great guy to do buisness with and he really takes good care of his customers.  You can also try ebay...but...be VERY VERY careful...there are so many fakes and knock offs on there it isnt even funny.... If you dont mind that it isnt authentic then that may be the way to go...if you do care...be very cautious...and know the signs of a real jersey so you can tell whats genuine and whats not.
Do you know if TTS can re-letter/number a jersey? I got an old jersey with name and number on it but I kinda want to make it a Keith jersey.

Thanks.smile.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do you know if TTS can re-letter/number a jersey? I got an old jersey with name and number on it but I kinda want to make it a Keith jersey.

Thanks.smile.gif 

They can, but it will cost extra for them to strip it. Its cheaper just to strip the name and numers yourself, and not hard to do. All it takes is a little time, patience and a seam-ripper. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you'll have to contact them for a price quote for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='notogwb wrote:


Ironhide26']Triple Threat Sports is a great place to get a real jersey...they are very knowlegable and friendly! They have lettered all my jerseys and are working on a  Burish jersey for me as we speak!
smile.gif
 Dave is a great guy to do buisness with and he really takes good care of his customers.  You can also try ebay...but...be VERY VERY careful...there are so many fakes and knock offs on there it isnt even funny.... If you dont mind that it isnt authentic then that may be the way to go...if you do care...be very cautious...and know the signs of a real jersey so you can tell whats genuine and whats not.

Do you know if TTS can re-letter/number a jersey? I got an old jersey with name and number on it but I kinda want to make it a Keith jersey.

Thanks.smile.gif

I know Dave at TTS can do that for you if  you need.  Not sure what the extra cost is tho...nor what it entails. Give them a call and talk to them about it,.  I know they have done it before in the past so thats not an issue at all. Do you need the number over there?

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Ironhide26 and Niedzwiedz for the reply. I got a #42 jersey that I wanted to make a #2 Keith Jersey so I don't think I will need extra number but a few letters. I'll definitely give TTS a call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks, Ironhide26 and Niedzwiedz for the reply. I got a #42 jersey that I wanted to make a #2 Keith Jersey so I don't think I will need extra number but a few letters. I'll definitely give TTS a call.

Very welcome notogwb.....just a couple things to ask or throw by ya.... What color is the jersey? Have heard that white ones may leave some telltale traces behind depending on how old they are and what method was used to put orign numbers on.  Could be the case witha  red...but I have heard white obviously has more of a possibility of an issue with it.   Not sure if they can re-use a number once it is removed...so u may have to get all new # 2s  on your jersey if you were gonna make it a Keith one..Check with TTS and they will be able to give you more advice and answer any questions.   Hope it turns out good for you!! post a pic on here if it all works out the way you would like!

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hunting authentic EDGE jersey so bad at the moment smile.gif And I want the stanley cup final patch on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm hunting authentic EDGE jersey so bad at the moment smile.gif And I want the stanley cup final patch on it.
 I know! I have three so far...thumbsup.gif....not including my winter classic... the white one is  a Kane...getting one of the red ones into a Burish...and not sure about the third yet..either Sharp, Hossa, or Niemi...but all 3 have the stanley cup final patch on it...they look awesome! TTS is waiting for more to come in....and there are a couple of reputable dealeres on ebay that sell them at a decent price( but be very careful who you go with!)....still expensive tho...lol.  I dont care... I am saving up for another white one!!

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='notogwb wrote:


Ironhide26']Triple Threat Sports is a great place to get a real jersey...they are very knowlegable and friendly! They have lettered all my jerseys and are working on a  Burish jersey for me as we speak!
smile.gif
 Dave is a great guy to do buisness with and he really takes good care of his customers.  You can also try ebay...but...be VERY VERY careful...there are so many fakes and knock offs on there it isnt even funny.... If you dont mind that it isnt authentic then that may be the way to go...if you do care...be very cautious...and know the signs of a real jersey so you can tell whats genuine and whats not.

Do you know if TTS can re-letter/number a jersey? I got an old jersey with name and number on it but I kinda want to make it a Keith jersey.

Thanks.smile.gif

I actually got a price from them recently, I have a jersey that I bought with the screen printed numbers, and I wanted TTS to put their authentic lettering on it instead of the garbage that NHL.com uses.

If I remember right, the number and lettering would cost 50-60, and removing the old numbers/letters would cost around 40-50.

Hope this helps

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironhide26, Thanks again and I will definitely post a pic once I get it done. I am considering re-lettering two jerseys, both red (One is authentic edge1.0 from 09 and the other one is authentic locker room jersey from 07) We'll see how it turns out. I got Burish gamer from 07-08 which is edge 2.0. I'm going to save up for another gamer, hopefully Eager's isn't too much since he's no longer a Hawk.

HawkMod, Thanks a lot for the info. I was thinking that might cost somewhere around $100. And yea... NHL.com kinda sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Ironhide26 wrote:


ouzo']

I'm hunting authentic EDGE jersey so bad at the moment
smile.gif
And I want the stanley cup final patch on it.

 I know! I have three so far...thumbsup.gif....not including my winter classic... the white one is  a Kane...getting one of the red ones into a Burish...and not sure about the third yet..either Sharp, Hossa, or Niemi...but all 3 have the stanley cup final patch on it...they look awesome! TTS is waiting for more to come in....and there are a couple of reputable dealeres on ebay that sell them at a decent price( but be very careful who you go with!)....still expensive tho...lol.  I dont care... I am saving up for another white one!!

  

Im going with white too. #19 as usual happy.gif But it will look SO GOOD smile.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='ouzo wrote:


Ironhide26 wrote:

ouzo']

I'm hunting authentic EDGE jersey so bad at the moment
smile.gif
And I want the stanley cup final patch on it.

 I know! I have three so far...
thumbsup.gif
....not including my winter classic... the white one is  a Kane...getting one of the red ones into a Burish...and not sure about the third yet..either Sharp, Hossa, or Niemi...but all 3 have the stanley cup final patch on it...they look awesome! TTS is waiting for more to come in....and there are a couple of reputable dealeres on ebay that sell them at a decent price( but be very careful who you go with!)....still expensive tho...lol.  I dont care... I am saving up for another white one!!

  

Im going with white too. #19 as usual happy.gif But it will look SO GOOD smile.gifAhhh yes...been torn with getting another #19 as well...I like to try to get jerseys that not many people have...but at the same time they have to be a player I really like ... Toews falls into that category for sure and tho I have a #19 WC ( which does look awesome btw ) ...Im sure I will get a red or white #19 w the stanley cup finals patch on it eventually.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Ironhide26 wrote:


ouzo wrote:


Ironhide26 wrote:


ouzo']

I'm hunting authentic EDGE jersey so bad at the moment
smile.gif
And I want the stanley cup final patch on it.

 I know! I have three so far...
thumbsup.gif
....not including my winter classic... the white one is  a Kane...getting one of the red ones into a Burish...and not sure about the third yet..either Sharp, Hossa, or Niemi...but all 3 have the stanley cup final patch on it...they look awesome! TTS is waiting for more to come in....and there are a couple of reputable dealeres on ebay that sell them at a decent price( but be very careful who you go with!)....still expensive tho...lol.  I dont care... I am saving up for another white one!!

  

Im going with white too. #19 as usual
happy.gif
But it will look SO GOOD
smile.gifAhhh yes...been torn with getting another #19 as well...I like to try to get jerseys that not many people have...but at the same time they have to be a player I really like ... Toews falls into that category for sure and tho I have a #19 WC ( which does look awesome btw ) ...Im sure I will get a red or white #19 w the stanley cup finals patch on it eventually.

  

I'm very torn about getting Keiths jersey, but I have this tradition to only get 1 players jerseys while they play. I did it with Roenick and now it's Toews :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm very torn about getting Keiths jersey, but I have this tradition to only get 1 players jerseys while they play. I did it with Roenick and now it's Toews :P

You can buy my Jersey... I'll even sign it for you.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×