Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ydkjs2

Blackhawk Art

109 posts in this topic

i saw that guy paint that while i was watching the news the other day. thought it was awesome until he started painting the so called feathers, then i think he messed it all up, but not too bad for that amount of time.

[quote name='drawthejerseys']
http://www.facebook.com/a...0806935315&l=a1d8895a3a#!/photo.php?pid=39119&id=100000806935315

these are a couple of my drawings that i have recently had autographed. i make these jerseys by hand. they are made out of watercolor paper and stitched with colored pencils. they are 18"x24".[/quote]Those are really very cool.  do you just paint the water color paper whatever color, then cut/paste numbers on and draw the stitching w/a  white color pencil?  Very interesting idea.  Nicely done!!

thanks for the compliment. here is a step by step for a single drawing. on a white piece of paper i measure out the number, then cut that out. then i place the white number onto a piece of black paper(or whatever color the border will be) i add 1/4" to the number and cut that out. then i draw the stitches on both pieces. finally using a hot glue gun to join the 2 numbers together. same thing goes for the letters and logos. each and every piece is cut out by hand and colored if i do not have the correct color paper. the colored pencils i use are prismacolor, very expensive soft lead pencils. i have about 250 different colors that i can choose from. if i dont have the correct color of watercolor paper for any part of the jersey, i buy bottles of craft paint and do it that way. recently ive been on this autograph kick, so ive been just cutting numbers out and having them ready to get signed then finishing the jersey afterwards. its hard to see the detail in the photos on the computer but when you see them up close, they are amazing. i cant even count the number of times people mistake them for the real jersey. asking me how i get them in the frames i use. and i simply tell them its a piece of art. if you are ever interested in one or know someone that would be, just let me know. i can make ANY jersey, ANY team, ANY sport, ANY name, ANY number. each one is 18"x24". thanks again.

Ok, so I don't post much (er, ever...) but a friend of mine suggested that I post a couple of these in here somewhere.  So, I'm listening to her for once smile.gif  

These are a couple of sketches that I've done and have had signed.  Just thought I'd share!

Toews

Niemi

Kane/Versteeg/Sharp

Those are amazing... love the shading!

Ok, so I don't post much (er, ever...) but a friend of mine suggested that I post a couple of these in here somewhere.  So, I'm listening to her for once smile.gif  

These are a couple of sketches that I've done and have had signed.  Just thought I'd share!

Toews

Niemi

Kane/Versteeg/Sharp

Next time you put your work out here watermark your material.

Posted these in other spots before, but figured since sharing Art I would re-post
My Hawks Legends drawing (still need to have Belfour and Cheli sign before it can be framed)

Larmer Drawing

Team USA drawing-sigs obtained at the olympic cmap--signed by Modano, Suter, Parise, Kane, Buff, Oshie, Jack Johnson, Drury, Okposo, Kessel, Thoman, Calahan, Malone, and Hainsey, and komosarik

I have these posted in other spots, but figured since we're sharing art, I'd throw mine in.  Been a long time since i had drawn hockey players and these are rare times i have done it in the past years.  
Hawks legends drawing:

Larmer Drawing

USA Olympic Camp drawing (done myself) signed by Thomas, Kane, Buff, Kessell, Modanno, Parise, J. Johnson, Malone, Komersaek, Drury, Okposo, Calahan, Suter, Oshie, and Hainsey--still need to draw the vancouver olympic logo in the black spot, and frame it

let me know which one. im always getting autographs from the players or at least having the numbers ready for a signing then complete the jersey afterwards. even if ya dont want an autographed one thats fine too. i can do any team, any sport, any name any number, or custom jersey. ALL SPORTS, MLB, MLNFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA. prices vary a little. so let me know what you were thinking about getting thanks. my email is drawthejerseys@gmail.com. you can also look me up on facebook, i have alot more pictures of the jersey art on there too. thanks

just went to the practice this past saturday and got it signed. i dont think anyone else there was to pleased with burish, since he seen my drawing pulled over and moved everyone out the way to sign mine and then took off, so good day for me, bad day for the rest of the people wanting his sig.

After seeing dreamangel18105's gorgeous pictures and everyone else's awesome creations, I'm feeling kind of terrified to post my picture, 'cause I pretty much suck at drawing, and this is probably the first serious drawing I've ever done embarassed.gifeyes.gif Anyways, this was made last night at 2 am, and it took me about three hours to make (the details on the helmet were killing me). So, uh, here it is. And don't laugh because of that ugly mouth (his nose too), I know it's kind of deformed, and I'll change it... sometime. And also, this was taken by a digital camera, not scanned, 'cause our scanner refused to work. Don't kill me now, please?  frown.gif And yes, I know he looks kind of... scared? embarassed.gif But it was my first attempt ever... eyes.gif

And I just realized this was my first post ever on here laugh.gif But I've been lurking around for a while pimp.gif

here is a Work in progress...i'll post pics when im done

That's pretty amazing. Good Work