SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Blackhawks Apps Blackhawks Facebook Blackhawks on Twitter Blackhawks Newsletter Blackhawks Mobile Blackhawks Blog Blackhawks Pinterest
Message Boards

Blackhawk Art

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 ydkjs2

ydkjs2

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Dutchworld:  Awesome pictures!!!

#2 amber-1

amber-1

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,124 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

All good work in here!

#3 hockeyzep

hockeyzep

1st liner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

drawthejerseys said:

http://www.facebook.com/a...0806935315&l=a1d8895a3a#!/photo.php?pid=39119&id=100000806935315

these are a couple of my drawings that i have recently had autographed. i make these jerseys by hand. they are made out of watercolor paper and stitched with colored pencils. they are 18"x24".
Those are really very cool.  do you just paint the water color paper whatever color, then cut/paste numbers on and draw the stitching w/a  white color pencil?  Very interesting idea.  Nicely done!!

#4 hockeyzep

hockeyzep

1st liner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

Posted these in other spots before, but figured since sharing Art I would re-post
My Hawks Legends drawing (still need to have Belfour and Cheli sign before it can be framed)

Larmer Drawing

Team USA drawing-sigs obtained at the olympic cmap--signed by Modano, Suter, Parise, Kane, Buff, Oshie, Jack Johnson, Drury, Okposo, Kessel, Thoman, Calahan, Malone, and Hainsey, and komosarik

#5 hockeyzep

hockeyzep

1st liner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

I have these posted in other spots, but figured since we're sharing art, I'd throw mine in.  Been a long time since i had drawn hockey players and these are rare times i have done it in the past years.  
Hawks legends drawing:

Larmer Drawing

USA Olympic Camp drawing (done myself) signed by Thomas, Kane, Buff, Kessell, Modanno, Parise, J. Johnson, Malone, Komersaek, Drury, Okposo, Calahan, Suter, Oshie, and Hainsey--still need to draw the vancouver olympic logo in the black spot, and frame it

#6 HawkMod

HawkMod

Senior Moderator

• 4,608 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

dreamangel18105 said:

Ok, so I don't post much (er, ever...) but a friend of mine suggested that I post a couple of these in here somewhere.  So, I'm listening to her for once  

These are a couple of sketches that I've done and have had signed.  Just thought I'd share!

Toews
Niemi
Kane/Versteeg/Sharp

Those are amazing... love the shading!
Senior Moderator of the Chicago Blackhawks Message Board
any comments or suggestions, please email me or send me a pm
Founder of the "I love Jeremy Morin Club"

#7 HawkMod

HawkMod

Senior Moderator

• 4,608 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

drawthejerseys said:

Awesome! Time to get that puppy autographed.

#8 HawkMod

HawkMod

Senior Moderator

• 4,608 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Dutchworld said:

here is a Work in progress...i'll post pics when im done
That's pretty amazing. Good Work

#9 HawkMod

HawkMod

Senior Moderator

• 4,608 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

Dutchworld said:

Thank You Hawk Mod

That puppy looks ready to be signed IMO.

#10 Jmaz98

Jmaz98

1st liner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

Impressive, the guy kinda looks like Howie Mandel.
@Jmaz90

#11 1Shot1Goal

1Shot1Goal

• 4,260 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Awesome I've seen other videos of this guy great work.

Leo I moved your trend.
"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out."
Questions/Concerns PM or Email me
Twitter - @1shot1goal

#12 ROB315

ROB315

Sweater Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, IL

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

dreamangel18105 said:

Ok, so I don't post much (er, ever...) but a friend of mine suggested that I post a couple of these in here somewhere.  So, I'm listening to her for once  

These are a couple of sketches that I've done and have had signed.  Just thought I'd share!

Toews
Niemi
Kane/Versteeg/Sharp
Next time you put your work out here watermark your material.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 the Hawks clinch playoff spot.
Thursday, April 11, 2013 the Hawks clinch the Central.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 Hawks clinch the West.

#13 dreamangel18105

dreamangel18105

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

Toews
Niemi
Kane/Versteeg/Sharp

#14 crackerking65

crackerking65

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

WOW those look great very interested in picking one of those up if you ever want to get rid of one

#15 Dutchworld

Dutchworld

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

here is a Work in progress...i'll post pics when im done

#16 Dutchworld

Dutchworld

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Thank You Hawk Mod

#17 Dutchworld

Dutchworld

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

LOL Thanks Mod...It's already Framed and On the Wall.... Now Comes the Kaner Painting!!!

#18 Dutchworld

Dutchworld

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

And Here is Kaner Scoring... Painted 5/13/2010

#19 Dutchworld

Dutchworld

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

Here is a McFarlane I Hand Painted.

Before...

#20 nittiofyra

nittiofyra

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

After seeing dreamangel18105's gorgeous pictures and everyone else's awesome creations, I'm feeling kind of terrified to post my picture, 'cause I pretty much suck at drawing, and this is probably the first serious drawing I've ever done  Anyways, this was made last night at 2 am, and it took me about three hours to make (the details on the helmet were killing me). So, uh, here it is. And don't laugh because of that ugly mouth (his nose too), I know it's kind of deformed, and I'll change it... sometime. And also, this was taken by a digital camera, not scanned, 'cause our scanner refused to work. Don't kill me now, please?   And yes, I know he looks kind of... scared?  But it was my first attempt ever...

And I just realized this was my first post ever on here  But I've been lurking around for a while

#21 nittiofyra

nittiofyra

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

Dutchworld: Those pictures are amazing, and how anyone is able to paint something that good is beyond me  Awesome job!

Anyways, I just love drawing the Hawks (even though I suck, but that's a different matter) so I decided to do my first try at drawing a full-figure hockey player... which was hard. Reeeeally hard. But oh well...  His face looks pretty weird, and the proportions are off, but here it is. Don't laugh. Oh, and I used a digital camera, cause the scanner still won't work, so the quality sucks.

#22 drawthejerseys

drawthejerseys

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

i saw that guy paint that while i was watching the news the other day. thought it was awesome until he started painting the so called feathers, then i think he messed it all up, but not too bad for that amount of time.

#23 drawthejerseys

drawthejerseys

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

http://www.facebook.com/a...0806935315&l=a1d8895a3a#!/photo.php?pid=39119&id=100000806935315

these are a couple of my drawings that i have recently had autographed. i make these jerseys by hand. they are made out of watercolor paper and stitched with colored pencils. they are 18"x24".

#24 drawthejerseys

drawthejerseys

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

thanks for the compliment. here is a step by step for a single drawing. on a white piece of paper i measure out the number, then cut that out. then i place the white number onto a piece of black paper(or whatever color the border will be) i add 1/4" to the number and cut that out. then i draw the stitches on both pieces. finally using a hot glue gun to join the 2 numbers together. same thing goes for the letters and logos. each and every piece is cut out by hand and colored if i do not have the correct color paper. the colored pencils i use are prismacolor, very expensive soft lead pencils. i have about 250 different colors that i can choose from. if i dont have the correct color of watercolor paper for any part of the jersey, i buy bottles of craft paint and do it that way. recently ive been on this autograph kick, so ive been just cutting numbers out and having them ready to get signed then finishing the jersey afterwards. its hard to see the detail in the photos on the computer but when you see them up close, they are amazing. i cant even count the number of times people mistake them for the real jersey. asking me how i get them in the frames i use. and i simply tell them its a piece of art. if you are ever interested in one or know someone that would be, just let me know. i can make ANY jersey, ANY team, ANY sport, ANY name, ANY number. each one is 18"x24". thanks again.

#25 drawthejerseys

drawthejerseys

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

still wondering how u get pics to show up on here without having just a link?? any help would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users