SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Stay Connected Blackhawks Facebook Blackhawks on Twitter Blackhawks on Foursquare Instagram Blackhawks Pinterest Blackhawks on YouTube Blackhawks Apps Blackhawks Blog Blackhawks Web Browser Blackhawks Newsletter Blackhawks Mobile
Message Boards

Blackhawk Tatoos

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 lane72

lane72

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:16 AM

#2 lane72

lane72

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

HawkFan4Evah said:

Frickin sweet lane72, really awesome!!!

ty very much !!! i was considering something like you did but i saw that pic and had to have it!!

#3 klemmer35

klemmer35

Sweater Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,892 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

Nicklin3011 said:

Getting your team tat is taking it to far IMO.

Boo.

There is no better way to show your love for your team.  If i weren't afraid of needles, I'd have one myself.

HAVE A SKATE WITH BOB AND THE ROCKFORD ICEHOGS SATURDAY November 10

go to skatewithbob.com for more information

#4 klemmer35

klemmer35

Sweater Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,892 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

HawksFan83 wrote:

klemmer35 wrote:
Nicklin3011 said:

Boo.

There is no better way to show your love for your team.  If i weren't afraid of needles, I'd have one myself.
I am deathly afraid too, for so some damn reason.  But I still want mine.  I have a bunch picked out that I wanted to get before this summer.

I know what you're saying.   I've debated between Chief and the Rocket Dog.  Women come and go, but the love for a hockey team is forever.

HAVE A SKATE WITH BOB AND THE ROCKFORD ICEHOGS SATURDAY November 10

go to skatewithbob.com for more information

#5 slikscott

slikscott

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

Great tats. Love the 4 feathers with the cup. Too cool!

#6 ouzo

ouzo

Perennial All Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:29 AM

Miranda8832 said:

myself, my father, and oldder brother are going to get the Indian head if the Hawks make it to the Stanley Cup this year. Im pretty sure im going to get mine regardless. My problem is just trying to decide where i went to get it.

How about chest?

I will buy a beer for a guy who tattoos whole Hawks red jersey on them, with indian head, shoulder patches and numbers + name.
#19 - "This is the kind of talent, that can bring a franchise back from dead!"

#7 FourFeathers6

FourFeathers6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

how about tommahawk patches on your shoulders?
Questions, Comments or if your feelings are hurt & you want to talk about it. Email me at: Fourfeathers6@gmail.com

#8 FourFeathers6

FourFeathers6

• 5,123 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

how much was your fourfeathers tat? Looks good!
Questions, Comments or if your feelings are hurt & you want to talk about it. Email me at: Fourfeathers6@gmail.com

#9 FourFeathers6

FourFeathers6

• 5,123 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

Anybody here a tat expert?  I was thinking about getting the FourFeathers on the back of my leg like the guy on the previous pages. How much should I expect to pay?

#10 FourFeathers6

FourFeathers6

• 5,123 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

HawkFan4Evah wrote:

FourFeathers6 said:

Anybody here a tat expert?  I was thinking about getting the FourFeathers on the back of my leg like the guy on the previous pages. How much should I expect to pay?

Some places charge by the piece (size, detail, amount of color). Some places charge by the hour. From experience of the tattoo's I have, if you get the feathers in the diameter range of 5-6 inches, at the MOST, I would say $200. Shop around. Take a drawing of what you want with you. If you dont have the exact drawing get one very similar to it to show the artist. They will ball park a price for you. I am a firm believer, when you get a tattoo, it should be somewhat original, not a mere copy of someone elses. If you have to 'tweek' the pic a little, that will make it original. Artist that did mine, did it at an hourly rate, only cost me $250 + tip.

Ahh thanks, I have been eyeballing that tat for a long time.  I didn't know you were sposed' to tip. Thanks again for the info.

Better then having HM tat me up

#11 KaneToews1988

KaneToews1988

Hall of Famer

• 6,481 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

#12 Jents71

Jents71

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

Guys,
Heres a pic of the tattoo I got three weeks ago that I drew up.
Combination of a 40s pinup girl with the Hawks Ice Crew, and our Stanley Cup Wins.

#13 Jents71

Jents71

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Pretty Rough on a fellow Blackhawks fan dont you think?
I get a lot of compliments on people who arent snobs

#14 Finnish-Hawk

Finnish-Hawk

3rd liner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationTuusula, Finland

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

That settles it. I´m (also) gonna take the feathers, in the left shoulder/arm, with the letters MMX above it.

#15 flahawkfan

flahawkfan

All Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Mikitas_Helmet wrote:

Nicklin3011 said:

Too far?   Waste of a post, IMHO.

I don't get Nicklin's sentiment at all.  People get tattoos for all kinds of reasons, so why not to show you're into your hockey team? 

#16 flahawkfan

flahawkfan

All Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

Scottrwakeham said:

Frank I think you would be better off getting a tattoo of the seating chart.  With all the Orange, Green, red seats..... it would be perfect for you.

Oh and Klem it's not quite the same thing a a shot type of needle.  I also am extremely fearful of needles to the point I seize up and pass out when they get near me ( yes I am one of those people who have to virtually be strapped down to get blood drawn)  and I have 4 tattoos including one of the feathers replicating hockeyzeps.  Give it a shot you might come to realize they are an addiction.
This is absolutely hilarious!!!  Just perfect and I can so see it.  The UC seating chart tattoo. 

#17 Hhawkhead

Hhawkhead

4th liner

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSt. Catharines Ontario

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

my Sshoulders...

My 2nd favorite team Cchanges every night... it is whoever is playing the leafs.
Hhawkhead

#18 Bouchie

Bouchie

Perennial All Star

• 3,709 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

This is mine I got in 2007.  I need to get the feather color fixed to green on that one.  I am planning to get another but still deciding where and of what (hawks related of course)

Hawks fan since the 80's

#19 Bouchie

Bouchie

Perennial All Star

• 3,709 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

got mine touched up yesterday. Will be getting another before summer is out
Hawks fan since the 80's

#20 hockeyzep

hockeyzep

1st liner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

hockeyzep wrote:
This is mine--1st pic nothe best 2nd one was taken in Mexico and I think shows it better

#21 hockeyzep

hockeyzep

1st liner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

it's fake--its a nylon sleeve w/ printing on it--they sell this at the UC

#22 hockeyzep

hockeyzep

1st liner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

Added to my feathers yesterday...felt good to finalize this (when i got the feathers 2 years a go, I said...one day the cup's going behind them

#23 hawkinmontreal

hawkinmontreal

Perennial All Star

• 2,843 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

those are some sick tats, making me want to get one now more and more.

#24 blkhwks918

blkhwks918

Perennial All Star

• 4,113 posts
  • LocationMinooka, IL

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

FourFeathers6 said:

It's been a long time since I got a new tat, so I don't know the going rate. I would suggest that you shop for quality vs. price. The options for alteration or removal in the case of buyers remorse are either ugly and unpleasant ( the dreaded coverup) or staggering in cost ( laser removal.) Have a drawing or photo of some type and have an idea of size before you visit. A good artist will work with your original to get exactly what you have in mind. Ask the artist for a portfolio of their work; good ones will be proud of their past efforts and happy to show you. If you are going to get a portrait done, I suggest that you shop around even more carefully. Capturing an accurate human likeness is, in my opinion, the most difficult type of tattooing out there. Unless you want the Toews "pigman" on your body somewhere forever, I suggest you be especially careful in selecting an artist if you go this route. Finally, for your own health, inquire as to the shop's equipment sterilization procedures. The word autoclave should come up, and a reputable shop should not be offended by this question. If you are not convinced of any shop's sterilization and cleanliness procedures, by all means move on. The only thing worse than bad ink is getting sick from bad ink. I've never not tipped, because I was always happy with the work. Don't show up drunk; it will make you bleed more, irritate the artist, and you may get sent home to come back sober. Sorry to be long winded, hope this helps.

P.S. here's a link to a site with some scary tattoos: some are well done, but are of sick/bizarre/weird subject matter; some are embarrassingly poor quality. Some are both. All should inspire anyone thinking of any tattoo to be careful about who they go to, and to be aware that what may seem wacky and funny when you are 21, might be a permanent item of regret to look at every time you shower when you're 40. If you browse through this site, you will see what I mean about the difficulty of portrait work:  I don't think this baby looks like this for real.

#25 BKHAWK3

BKHAWK3

Draft Pick

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

The space below is reserved for the CUP!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users