Big T: I am going to set you straight on your absurd assertions about my attitudes. I fully expect you won't believe what I say anyway, but I can't let the bs you have put out here stand without response. So, I will respond chronologically to your blatantly false assertions to clear your mind.
1. Sure, I thought they were dominant when they won Cups, but I also recognized the excellent support players and other stars they had without whom they would have won no Cups and gotten no honors. Now, I am saying they are not dominant enough to win, or even perform well, when unsupported and are not good enough as individuals to dominate a game, given the present state of their team.
2. To say that I have general dislike for T&K is false and absurd. I really can't believe you said such crap. I have praised each one of them many times when they deserved it. I have criticized Toews many times because I think he choked in the 16 and 17 playoffs and mostly choked this year when he should have been stepping it up to make up for the lack of support he helped cause to occur. I will praise each of them again, if they ever recover and play hockey that deserves to be praise. Right now, they are playing as above average players and not the superstars they are indicated to be by their salaries. To say I generally dislike them is insane and nonsensical. Should they be immune from criticism even if they have **** years.
3. To say I am green with envy about the salaries is absolutely lunacy. Jose Altuve, a baseball player just signed for slightly over $30 million per year. I love Altuve and say more power to him and any other person in any field who does well and makes a lot of coin. I don't give a **** how much anyone makes including Toews and Kane. I am very happy with my own financial situation and don't give a **** how much anyone else makes. For you to say I am envious simply lessens anything you else you have to say because your credibility is shot when you make statements like that without any basis for it. I have criticized their salaries not because I am jealous, but because, one, their money has caused the team to be unable to ice other good players; and two, they have failed to play up to their pay grade. Do you really think that Toews' offensive stats this year are those of a guy who is making $10.5 per year? You can say I am envious as much as you want, but it won't make it true; and every time you say it you demean yourself.
4. I am not attempting to rewrite history or belittle their honors. They won every honor they have won by playing in a manner that merited getting the honor. There is no rewrite on that. Now, I think they are not playing well. How many honors are they going to win this year? Where is the rewrite? Again, that statement by you is a reflection of how pissed off you are that I have dared criticize your two darlings, I guess. I am attempting no rewrite. I respect and know what they have accomplished in the past, but they aren't doing it anymore. They both choked in the 16 and 17 playoffs and will not play in the 18 playoffs. Is that a rewrite or an accurate statement about what happened in those three years?
5. Being at career averages is not good enough when the money you make depletes the team of adequate support. Such a player has to step up his game to make up for what the team is lacking. Neither one of them stepped up his game this year. Even you have said they are probably whining and refusing to play hard because Stan, or Q, messed up their team, so why try? I just think highly paid superstars should play up to their pay grades and when they don't, they deserve every bit of criticism that is heaped upon them.
6. To say I don't dislike the Pens is more insanity from your keyboard. I hate those a-holes and always will. I make statements that recognize how good Malkin and Crosby are; and hold them up as the standards against which Toews and Kane should be measured and say that they aren't measuring up very well. So, because of that, you say it indicates that I am a Pens fan. Madness! Madness! Madness! You know better than that, but, again, I have pissed you off so much by criticizing your darlings that you are reaching for any bs to can pound out, even if makes no sense.
7. I am not oblivious to the fact that past Cup winners have revived and that individual players have also crashed and revived. But, I said I have my doubts about Toews and Kane because they have choked for 3 years in a row now. I have my doubts about the team reviving because it was so bad this year; and unless, as you have said, they pick up a couple of good free agents this summer, they will be bad again next year. I know revival is a possibility but the past chokes by T&K and the team makes it hard for me to see the revival. If they revive, I'll believe it, but not until I see it.
So, go ahead and pound out some more bs if you want; or you can simply recognize that I still want to see the team and all individuals on the team do well. But, because I am a pessimist, it is hard for me to believe that all will be great again as you optimists do. In addition, I am willing to criticize any player despite past honors because all that counts now is the present. The past is for hall of fame conversations. If one is still putting on a uniform, then one should produce or be subject to criticism.